Discuss Pellegrini

BlueAnorak said:
mammutly said:
BillyShears said:
You lot seem to spend a lot of time thinking about me. It's sweet. For the record I'm happy we won. Performance first half was very poor. Second half better. But most importantly we got the 3 points.

You lot! ?????

I responded to your comment, Billy. I'm in nobody's gang/lot. Never have been, never will be.

The team performance today was shambolic and only the individual talent of our players won the day. Obviously, I too am glad we got the points - we can agree on that.

If Pellegrini had a game plan today, it was either wrong and/or completely misunderstood. From my viewing of the game, it was both. We were lucky.
Pellegrini needs to meet with his owners/exec team and come up with some answers - quickly.

I am seriously not looking forward to playing the rags if we perform anything like we did today.

We have to play Stoke first at the Britannia.
I am really not looking forward to that game if we play as well as we have in the last two games.

Tell me about it. I just hope and pray that we will be better by then. We have to be.

mammutly said:
BlueAnorak said:
mammutly said:
You lot! ?????

I responded to your comment, Billy. I'm in nobody's gang/lot. Never have been, never will be.

The team performance today was shambolic and only the individual talent of our players won the day. Obviously, I too am glad we got the points - we can agree on that.

If Pellegrini had a game plan today, it was either wrong and/or completely misunderstood. From my viewing of the game, it was both. We were lucky.
Pellegrini needs to meet with his owners/exec team and come up with some answers - quickly.

I am seriously not looking forward to playing the rags if we perform anything like we did today.

I am really not looking forward to that game if we play as well as we have in the last two games.

Tell me about it. I just hope and pray that we will be better by then. We have to be.
Just play 5 in midfield behind Negredo and we'll dominate possession, but we must play "attacking football" which turns out to be anything but

Marvin said:
mammutly said:
BlueAnorak said:

Just play 5 in midfield behind Negredo and we'll dominate possession, but we must play "attacking football" which turns out to be anything but
I like you Marvin, you're a good poster and you're unerringly good at spotting undercover rags which always gets a thumbs up from me, but fuck me it doesn't take much for you to regress into uber-negative mode.

You've been nothing but doleful all evening.

Some of the comments on here suggest that there are people who have not really watched Pellegrini's other sides in action. He likes to play attacking football but he will be pragmatic and shut up shop if circumstances demand it.

OB1 said:
Some of the comments on here suggest that there are people who have not really watched Pellegrini's other sides in action. He likes to play attacking football but he will be pragmatic and shut up shop if circumstances demand it.
Yes. This.

Also a lot of our problems today in the first half were an overreaction somewhat to the Cardiff match. We kept possession well in that game but didn't threaten enough, so today the team made sure to keep width... but that hurt our possession. We need to figure out the balance, but it will take time.

He'll be gone by Xmas. Got shredded today all over the park. Why fernandinho? Barry is better! Out of his depth

OB1 said:

Quite simply, the title will be gone by the start of October if we continue to play as we are.
YaYa as a DM (or third centre half as we was often today) in a TWO man midfield with Fernandiniho just doesn't work.
Auguero needs to start from the bench from now on too. A shocking last two games.

OB1 said:

In fairness I think that cost us last week when he took Navas off as soon as we went ahead.
I'd hope that any fixture at the Etihad, against a newly promoted team wouldn't need us to be pragmatic. That may sound disrespectful but if we are serious about being up there with the best we should be taking them apart - we certainly have the players to make it happen.

OB1 said:

That sounds like Mancini tbh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.