Discuss Pellegrini

Marvin said:
Skashion said:
All getting uncomfortably personal in here.

One question raised by Razak leaving, shortly after Suarez, (our two best prospects in my book), I thought Pellegrini was brought in as part of a holistic approach to foster links between the EDS and the main squad, but we've let our two best prospects go in less than a fortnight. It's a head scratcher. I genuinely thought I saw the vision of Soriano and Txiki, but apart from Guidetti, who's been here longer than Mansour (and it;s looking a lot less likely he'll be called upon now that we've gone and spent on four attacking players this summer), we've let go of what I consider the players we might have needed/wanted in the near future. I feel a touch irritated. I was on board with the vision but what happened to it?
What did you see in Razak? Gave away possession and free-kicks.

Our EDS results have been generally poor. There is also a huge gap between EDS and the top of the Premier League. I believe that Razak is going out on loan, so there is a chance that he'll get plenty of action at a higher standard that he is getting here, so his progress can be monitored by us. As for Suarez, I don't know how long was left on his contract, but he is a young lad and was probably yearning for home, and when Barca came sniffing around, there was only going to be one outcome.

I'm no cynic said:
Marvin said:
Skashion said:
All getting uncomfortably personal in here.

One question raised by Razak leaving, shortly after Suarez, (our two best prospects in my book), I thought Pellegrini was brought in as part of a holistic approach to foster links between the EDS and the main squad, but we've let our two best prospects go in less than a fortnight. It's a head scratcher. I genuinely thought I saw the vision of Soriano and Txiki, but apart from Guidetti, who's been here longer than Mansour (and it;s looking a lot less likely he'll be called upon now that we've gone and spent on four attacking players this summer), we've let go of what I consider the players we might have needed/wanted in the near future. I feel a touch irritated. I was on board with the vision but what happened to it?

Our EDS results have been generally poor. There is also a huge gap between EDS and the top of the Premier League. I believe that Razak is going out on loan, so there is a chance that he'll get plenty of action at a higher standard that he is getting here, so his progress can be monitored by us. As for Suarez, I don't know how long was left on his contract, but he is a young lad and was probably yearning for home, and when Barca came sniffing around, there was only going to be one outcome.

I thought Razak's was a permanent deal not a loan deal?

BlueAnorak said:
Marvin said:
Danamy said:
You do realise that sadly this is just the beginning, egos have been damaged and now the tables have turned.

The inners are outers and the outers are now inners, I can't see an end to it to be honest and I think it's going to rattle on all season, unfortunately.
You may see it like that. I'm just concerned at the way we're playing

I am too.

Currently:
- Suicidal high line defending (Honnestly it's on a par with AVB when he was at Chelsea).
- YaYa as a DM (The lazy moments, getting too close to a player or not getting close enough).
- A lack of pace / aggression.
- Poor pressing by strikers and AMs (Silva and Aguero especially).
- The change from Zonal to Man-For-Man marking at set pieces.
- Trying to walk the ball into the net.

Mancini had his problems too:
- No plan B.
- A lack of pace / aggression (compared with the season before)
- A concentration on defensive shape to the exclusion of everything else. (leading too...)
- Slow counter attacking (&)
- Trying to walk the ball into the net.

So far it's definitely a downgrade. New problems + old problems still there. Lets hope it is just teething problems but the Suicidal high line defending is the biggest cause for concern for me. It can only work if the AMs and strikers press and the DMs close down opposition AMs quickly. As things stand, when we play a against a team who have a striker with a pulse we will get crucified.

This is disappointingly in tune with how I feel too. Also not very confident in the 4-2-2-2 pretty much every aspect of the team is worse off for it (except Dzeko)

BringBackSwales said:
I'm no cynic said:
Marvin said:

I thought Razak's was a permanent deal not a loan deal?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23916361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23916361</a>

Pellegrini is not a harmless ''nice guy'' as some in the media have tried to make out. Playing centre-back in Chile, managing in Argentina and helping to rebuild a devastated earthquake zone- that's not the CV of a ''nice guy''.Lescott found out-and garcia ( who worked with him briefly at Real) was reminded how ruthless he can be when the team sheet for Hull came out.And Dzeko found out the same at half time.
but Pellegrini's style of play does involve risk and needs quick-thinking, mobile, unflustered, technically skilled centrebacks to hold the high line. bad luck with injuries to VK and Nastasic left him badly exposed at Cardiff and obliged to choose garcia and Lescott. Still, had the DOF not wasted time trying to do a deal for Pepe and not clinching one for de Michelis before the end of the window, Pellegrini would've had more options in the last two games.

grahamgor said:
Pellegrini is not a harmless ''nice guy'' as some in the media have tried to make out. Playing centre-back in Chile, managing in Argentina and helping to rebuild a devastated earthquake zone- that's not the CV of a ''nice guy''.Lescott found out-and garcia ( who worked with him briefly at Real) was reminded how ruthless he can be when the team sheet for Hull came out.And Dzeko found out the same at half time.
but Pellegrini's style of play does involve risk and needs quick-thinking, mobile, unflustered, technically skilled centrebacks to hold the high line. bad luck with injuries to VK and Nastasic left him badly exposed at Cardiff and obliged to choose garcia and Lescott. Still, had the DOF not wasted time trying to do a deal for Pepe and not clinching one for de Michelis before the end of the window, Pellegrini would've had more options in the last two games.

Seems like he's not been much of a nice guy to Barry...

Mancini ended our trophy drought which cannot be denied and he was sacked because the club was felt to be going backwards even thought we were runners up in the two major domestic competitions. Sacking him was a major, and controversial, decision. Manuel Pellegrini was appointed to replace him. This is obviously a major decision. My argument is NOT that he is a bad appointment; he may turn out to be an inspired appointment and, I for one, hope he does. But he seems to me to be a gamble because he hasn't, with the exception of one season a Real, managed a team of "stars" where the expectation levels are sky high. He may guide us effortlessly to the PL title and the semi final of the CL. In which case I will applaud him as heartily as anyone. But I don't know if he can do this. I don't know how good he is, and what I keep asking is what, precisely can he be expected to produce, when we stop prattling about "needing time", "squad harmony", "better football and "progress" and other foggy concepts. Hughes and Mancini were given targets each season and both paid the price for not hitting them. It is naive to believe Pellegrini hasn't been told he has to achieve. And it won't be judgement based on loan deals, or saying hallo to the kids - it'll be what his first team does on the pitch. So what should we expect? Because, at the moment, I can't judge Pellegrini. I have to see what he does in the season to come. And none of those who wanted Mancini out seem to have enough faith in his successor to want to tell me.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:33 pm --<br /><br />Mancini ended our trophy drought which cannot be denied and he was sacked because the club was felt to be going backwards even thought we were runners up in the two major domestic competitions. Sacking him was a major, and controversial, decision. Manuel Pellegrini was appointed to replace him. This is obviously a major decision. My argument is NOT that he is a bad appointment; he may turn out to be an inspired appointment and, I for one, hope he does. But he seems to me to be a gamble because he hasn't, with the exception of one season a Real, managed a team of "stars" where the expectation levels are sky high. He may guide us effortlessly to the PL title and the semi final of the CL. In which case I will applaud him as heartily as anyone. But I don't know if he can do this. I don't know how good he is, and what I keep asking is what, precisely can he be expected to produce, when we stop prattling about "needing time", "squad harmony", "better football and "progress" and other foggy concepts. Hughes and Mancini were given targets each season and both paid the price for not hitting them. It is naive to believe Pellegrini hasn't been told he has to achieve. And it won't be judgement based on loan deals, or saying hallo to the kids - it'll be what his first team does on the pitch. So what should we expect? Because, at the moment, I can't judge Pellegrini. I have to see what he does in the season to come. And none of those who wanted Mancini out seem to have enough faith in his successor to want to tell me.

Interesting break down from Hull game..
<a class="postlink" href="http://eplindex.com/39034/manchester-city-20-hull-city-tactical-analysis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eplindex.com/39034/manchester-ci ... lysis.html</a>

"helping to rebuild a devastated earthquake zone- that's not the CV of a ''nice guy''"

I know, he should have let them suffer in squalor, what a ****!!! ;)

In all seriousness it is early days and the system isn't quite working as of yet. We have had a good transfer window and he will get the best out of our players I am sure. He isn't afraid to make big decisions and will make them for the right reasons so that the on form players play. He wont pick players who do not perform. I fully trust in Pellegrini, you cannot argue with his record with both average and good sides he has got the best out of teams. He will take time to adapt to the premier league but given the fact he is a qualified engineer, I think the obvious issues with our team will have been picked up by his detailed eye!

Honestly the fact he is an engineer has naff all to do with football! other managers are successful without the aid of an engineering degree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.