Discuss Pellegrini

Danamy said:
Skashion said:
fredmont said:
Rather than be expected to produce the best players through the youth set up, though this is possible, it may be used as a 'farm' , making a few million lets say on most young players that go through the system selling them on to lesser clubs. With this money and our increasing income from sales/partnerships etc
we can still buy the best from elsewhere and keep within Fair Play limits.

If our owners stay with us, in five years we could be watching the best players in the world and these will probably not have come through our system, no matter how much Pelli is involved.
That does not tally with statements made about how Mancini didn't pay enough (any) attention to the youth setup, never went to an EDS game, that Pellegrini would be a cog in the new holistic City promoting prospects from the EDS to the main squad. I really can't see many others on the verge. Pozo and Lopes might get the odd cup game but they'd have had that under Mancini. I was excited about the prospect of seeing more youth come through but I'd have to say the prospects appear downgraded over the past fortnight.

-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 am --

Danamy said:
Even if they see Pellegrini as short/medium term we'll already potentially have his successor at the club overseeing future first team players, now that's vision. ;-)
As I said, my expectation is that Guardiola will be our next manager. I think he's in Munich learning English or something.

I think when the time is right Vieira will get the nod, he'll teach, nurture and bring through the talent ala Guardiola at Barca.

Depends on how he does with the EDS imo. I'm sure idealistically its something the owners/execs would love, but realistically it will depend on how he adapts to managing and how he nurtures the talent he gets given over the next few years.

Danamy said:
I think when the time is right Vieira will get the nod, he'll teach, nurture and bring through the talent ala Guardiola at Barca.
I'd be fairly happy with that. I even notioned it myself in February: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277637&p=6476639&hilit=vieira#p6476639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277637&p=6476639&hilit=vieira#p6476639</a> However, from what I've gathered from a few people's info, is that it will be Guardiola.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Skashion said:
That does not tally with statements made about how Mancini didn't pay enough (any) attention to the youth setup, never went to an EDS game, that Pellegrini would be a cog in the new holistic City promoting prospects from the EDS to the main squad. I really can't see many others on the verge. Pozo and Lopes might get the odd cup game but they'd have had that under Mancini. I was excited about the prospect of seeing more youth come through but I'd have to say the prospects appear downgraded over the past fortnight.

-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 am --

As I said, my expectation is that Guardiola will be our next manager. I think he's in Munich learning English or something.

Depends on how he does with the EDS imo. I'm sure idealistically its something the owners/execs would love, but realistically it will depend on how he adapts to managing and how he nurtures the talent he gets given over the next few years.

Of course all the above needs to be taken into account but it's something they'll have in mind.

Start at the root and let them grow............

Skashion said:
All getting uncomfortably personal in here.

One question raised by Razak leaving, shortly after Suarez, (our two best prospects in my book), I thought Pellegrini was brought in as part of a holistic approach to foster links between the EDS and the main squad, but we've let our two best prospects go in less than a fortnight. It's a head scratcher. I genuinely thought I saw the vision of Soriano and Txiki, but apart from Guidetti, who's been here longer than Mansour (and it;s looking a lot less likely he'll be called upon now that we've gone and spent on four attacking players this summer), we've let go of what I consider the players we might have needed/wanted in the near future. I feel a touch irritated. I was on board with the vision but what happened to it?

It really is head scratcher I agree. We let Suarez go as obviously we don't think he's good enough but Barca do?
Razak came thru and made the first team under Mancini (who didn't care about the young players) and we let him go then we go and buy an ageing 32 yo player the same day for millions? I guess It just must be me - I obviously don't understand and haven't grasped the concept of 'holistic' yet.

TGR said:
Skashion said:
All getting uncomfortably personal in here.

One question raised by Razak leaving, shortly after Suarez, (our two best prospects in my book), I thought Pellegrini was brought in as part of a holistic approach to foster links between the EDS and the main squad, but we've let our two best prospects go in less than a fortnight. It's a head scratcher. I genuinely thought I saw the vision of Soriano and Txiki, but apart from Guidetti, who's been here longer than Mansour (and it;s looking a lot less likely he'll be called upon now that we've gone and spent on four attacking players this summer), we've let go of what I consider the players we might have needed/wanted in the near future. I feel a touch irritated. I was on board with the vision but what happened to it?

It really is head scratcher I agree. We let Suarez go as obviously we don't think he's good enough but Barca do?
Razak came thru and made the first team under Mancini (who didn't care about the young players) and we let him go then we go and buy an ageing 32 yo player the same day for millions? I guess It just must be me - I obviously don't understand and haven't grasped the concept of 'holistic' yet.

When I hear the word 'holistic' in my working day I tend to recognise the concept of a bullshitter.

It is not surprising with the pressure for instant results that experienced signings are prioritised though.

Firstly imo suarez wasnt going to get in the 1st team anytime soon and for me didnt look anything special when i saw him for the eds. And hes going barca b which is like going to a championship side so theirs no guarentee he will make it to the 1st team.

Secondly Razak has looked a liability everytime he has played and didnt impress me one bit.

Know way were they our best prospects.

It is an odd situation, we give Nastasic a chance away at Real and based on his performance there he plays the whole season as the preferred centre back partner for Vinnie. We have bought an experienced centre back because Pelle knows he can perform and I guess it is important to have that level of experience in certain games. But maybe giving a younger player like Razak a chance he could have excelled in the role like Nastasic did... All a lot of ifs and buts. Nastasic's talent is clear for all to see but being so young he is bound to have a dip in form and I think given the fact that we need to be firing on all cylinders we need someone proven to come in. I think it will be a long and gradual process of introducing young players, not the instant implementation of them as some may have expected with Mancini leaving and Pellegrini arriving.

mcfc2607 said:
Firstly imo suarez wasnt going to get in the 1st team anytime soon and for me didnt look anything special when i saw him for the eds. And hes going barca b which is like going to a championship side so theirs no guarentee he will make it to the 1st team.

Secondly Razak has looked a liability everytime he has played and didnt impress me one bit.

Know way were they our best prospects.

The deal City have done for Suarez is a very good one considering he could've gone to Barca next summer for free. I agree he wasn't at the level of someone like Nasri let alone Silva so he was a long way from the first team.

Razak I never rated even when Mancini gave him the odd minutes here and there. Again Rodwell is 10x the player he is.

I could understand some concern if both players were going to make instant impacts in a top division in Europe like Weiss did after we let him go, but that simply isn't the case here.

Marvin said:
Danamy said:
Manc in London said:
The wounds caused by the whole Mancini should stay/go debate are still tender.

Why can't we just move on?

You do realise that sadly this is just the beginning, egos have been damaged and now the tables have turned.

The inners are outers and the outers are now inners, I can't see an end to it to be honest and I think it's going to rattle on all season, unfortunately.
You may see it like that. I'm just concerned at the way we're playing

I am too.

Currently:
- Suicidal high line defending (Honnestly it's on a par with AVB when he was at Chelsea).
- YaYa as a DM (The lazy moments, getting too close to a player or not getting close enough).
- A lack of pace / aggression.
- Poor pressing by strikers and AMs (Silva and Aguero especially).
- The change from Zonal to Man-For-Man marking at set pieces.
- Trying to walk the ball into the net.

Mancini had his problems too:
- No plan B.
- A lack of pace / aggression (compared with the season before)
- A concentration on defensive shape to the exclusion of everything else. (leading too...)
- Slow counter attacking (&)
- Trying to walk the ball into the net.

So far it's definitely a downgrade. New problems + old problems still there. Lets hope it is just teething problems but the Suicidal high line defending is the biggest cause for concern for me. It can only work if the AMs and strikers press and the DMs close down opposition AMs quickly. As things stand, when we play a against a team who have a striker with a pulse we will get crucified.

supercity88 said:
It is an odd situation, we give Nastasic a chance away at Real and based on his performance there he plays the whole season as the preferred centre back partner for Vinnie. We have bought an experienced centre back because Pelle knows he can perform and I guess it is important to have that level of experience in certain games. But maybe giving a younger player like Razak a chance he could have excelled in the role like Nastasic did... All a lot of ifs and buts. Nastasic's talent is clear for all to see but being so young he is bound to have a dip in form and I think given the fact that we need to be firing on all cylinders we need someone proven to come in. I think it will be a long and gradual process of introducing young players, not the instant implementation of them as some may have expected with Mancini leaving and Pellegrini arriving.

I don't agree here, I'm afraid. Nastasic was a diiferent case completely to Suarez and/or Razak. He didn't come as an academy hopeful, he came after playing for Partizan and then distinguishing himself during a season with Fiorentina. He was bought on the basis of this record and was considered good enough for the first team. He justified this faith in him and he statistics used to judge central defenders last season show him to have been one of the most successful in Europ, far better, for instance than Varane. Razak never convinced that he was good enough for a place in the first team and even Denis Suarez, who I thought was very promising, looked a long way from being good enough to challenge any of our established midfielders. Dimichaelis has been brought in because we need four CBs. He has a two year deal, by which time young Rekik will be pushing for a first team place and providing real competition for Vinnie and Nasty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.