Discuss Pellegrini

FantasyIreland said:
Lets hope so though eh?
As I'm currently under the impression that Pellegrini is a stopgap between Mancini and Guardiola, and Soriano and Txiki have stated they expect frequent managerial cycles (three or four years they said), I just don't think so. I don't think that's the intention. I think Pellegrini's here for two or three years. If he's being brought in, partly, to help integrate the EDS into the main squad, I don't understand letting the best players we've got in the EDS leave. Who from the EDS is going to be making regular appearances in the next two years? Those two would have been my bets, along with Guidetti.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 am --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
Skashion said:
Danamy said:
If you look across from the ground you'll see £150 million worth of vision being erected
Didn't realise Pellegrini was going to here to see that to fruition.

Do you not think he'll be here at the start of next season then?
Do you think the campus is going to be churning out first-team level talent as soon as it opens? That's not the point of it. It's long-term. Pellegrini is short to medium term.

I'd hope Pellegrini being successful would mean his extension.Besides i'm sure the academy will be up and running even within your time predictions.

Rekik,Fofana,Lopes,Leigh,Pozo,Rusnak,Deyana,amongst others......... all top prospects imo,and should soon be knocking.......

Skashion said:
All getting uncomfortably personal in here.

One question raised by Razak leaving, shortly after Suarez, (our two best prospects in my book), I thought Pellegrini was brought in as part of a holistic approach to foster links between the EDS and the main squad, but we've let our two best prospects go in less than a fortnight. It's a head scratcher. I genuinely thought I saw the vision of Soriano and Txiki, but apart from Guidetti, who's been here longer than Mansour (and it;s looking a lot less likely he'll be called upon now that we've gone and spent on four attacking players this summer), we've let go of what I consider the players we might have needed/wanted in the near future. I feel a touch irritated. I was on board with the vision but what happened to it?
What did you see in Razak? Gave away possession and free-kicks.

Rather than be expected to produce the best players through the youth set up, though this is possible, it may be used as a 'farm' , making a few million lets say on most young players that go through the system selling them on to lesser clubs. With this money and our increasing income from sales/partnerships etc
we can still buy the best from elsewhere and keep within Fair Play limits.

If our owners stay with us, in five years we could be watching the best players in the world and these will probably not have come through our system, no matter how much Pelli is involved.

Skashion said:
FantasyIreland said:
Lets hope so though eh?
As I'm currently under the impression that Pellegrini is a stopgap between Mancini and Guardiola, and Soriano and Txiki have stated they expect frequent managerial cycles (three or four years they said), I just don't think so. I don't think that's the intention. I think Pellegrini's here for two or three years. If he's being brought in, partly, to help integrate the EDS into the main squad, I don't understand letting the best players we've got in the EDS leave. Who from the EDS is going to be making regular appearances in the next two years? Those two would have been my bets, along with Guidetti.

-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 am --

Danamy said:
Skashion said:
Didn't realise Pellegrini was going to here to see that to fruition.

Do you not think he'll be here at the start of next season then?
Do you think the campus is going to be churning out first-team level talent as soon as it opens? That's not the point of it. It's long-term. Pellegrini is short to medium term.

We wont be buying first team players like we did in this window again for a long time, once the academy opens and as our scouting networks widen we'll be looking to bring the best youth prospects from around the world.

Even if they see Pellegrini as short/medium term we'll already potentially have his successor at the club overseeing future first team players, now that's vision. ;-)

fredmont said:
Rather than be expected to produce the best players through the youth set up, though this is possible, it may be used as a 'farm' , making a few million lets say on most young players that go through the system selling them on to lesser clubs. With this money and our increasing income from sales/partnerships etc

If our owners stay with us, in five years we could be watching the best players in the world and these will probably not have come through our system, no matter how much Pelli is involved.
That does not tally with statements made about how Mancini didn't pay enough (any) attention to the youth setup, never went to an EDS game, that Pellegrini would be a cog in the new holistic City promoting prospects from the EDS to the main squad. I really can't see many others on the verge. Pozo and Lopes might get the odd cup game but they'd have had that under Mancini. I was excited about the prospect of seeing more youth come through but I'd have to say the prospects appear downgraded over the past fortnight.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 am --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
Even if they see Pellegrini as short/medium term we'll already potentially have his successor at the club overseeing future first team players, now that's vision. ;-)
As I said, my expectation is that Guardiola will be our next manager. I think he's in Munich learning English or something.

Skashion said:
fredmont said:

That does not tally with statements made about how Mancini didn't pay enough (any) attention to the youth setup, never went to an EDS game, that Pellegrini would be a cog in the new holistic City promoting prospects from the EDS to the main squad. I really can't see many others on the verge. Pozo and Lopes might get the odd cup game but they'd have had that under Mancini. I was excited about the prospect of seeing more youth come through but I'd have to say the prospects appear downgraded over the past fortnight.

-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 am --

Danamy said:
As I said, my expectation is that Guardiola will be our next manager. I think he's in Munich learning English or something.

I think when the time is right Vieira will get the nod, he'll teach, nurture and bring through the talent ala Guardiola at Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.