Discuss Pellegrini

SkyBlueUSA said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
More like a grandad who puts his arm around you rather than a football winner. Im willing to bet we dont get top four with this halfwit.
Lets give him ten games hey...we will be that far behind it wont matter..

I don't want to sound the panic alarm, I'm optimistic for the most part. However, imagine if we failed to get top 4, and barley snuck a Round of 16 appearance or didn't get out of the group? I can't see Pellegrini being back for another season if that happened. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.. I wonder what will happen if we have a very poor league campaign, but do surprisingly well in the Champions league-QF appearance?

He can get us to the Champions League Final if he wants - As far as I'm concerned, the minute it looks like we're not going to finish in at least the top three in the Prem this season, he can do one. Outthought by clueless... F*ck my old boots.

bobmcfc said:
What did he say in his post match comments

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini: "It is always a difficult game at Stoke, but it's a good point in a difficult week with all the players we had on international duty. We could only spend one day with the squad and we also have the Champions League next week."

Excuses already after a few games. Doesn't fill you with confidence.

davymcfc said:
Lavinda Past said:
Pam said:
We shaft the best manager in our history for this fucking shite. Anyone who says Bobby would have tolerated three successive performances epic can't be arsed bullshit is a liar

^^^ This 100% ^^^
These are the results from the start of last season.

City 3 Southampton 2
Liverpool 2 city 2
City 3 QPR 1
Stoke 1 city 1
Real Madrid 3 city 2
City 1 arsenal 1

We didn't play particularly well in any of these matches although we were very unlucky in madrid. This was with a team that Mancini had taken three years to establish and had just won the premier league. Unfortunately things didn't get much better last season. Here's another run of three games.

QPR 0 city 0
City 2 Liverpool 2
Southampton 3 city 1

Anyone who says it was a bed of roses under Mancini is also a liar.
^^^ This 100% ^^^

No one is saying it was a bed of roses. However, we are creating next to nothing. The team appears to have gone backwards when we were told by MP at the start of the season that we would be seeing a free flowing attractive football City. So far i've seen nothing of it. I want MP to succeed as much as anyone but looking at him on the touchline today I didn't see any fight in the man, a gentleman yes, a winner, i'm not so sure. I hope i'm proved wrong but I think it may be a long hard season.

RandomJ said:
bobmcfc said:

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini: "It is always a difficult game at Stoke, but it's a good point in a difficult week with all the players we had on international duty. We could only spend one day with the squad and we also have the Champions League next week."

So he thinks this accounts for the Cardiff and Hull games too? We have now struggled to get results against three very mediocre teams on the spin. Pellegrini needs a derby win very badly indeed.

RandomJ said:
bobmcfc said:

Would you rather he slagged off the players in public?1
Of course he's got to make excuses - it doesn't mean he's clueless!
Give him a chance - I thought we'd struggle with Silva & Clichy injured & Vinnie already out.
It's still early days FFS.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
No one is saying it was a bed of roses. However, we are creating next to nothing. The team appears to have gone backwards when we were told by MP at the start of the season that we would be seeing a free flowing attractive football City. So far i've seen nothing of it. I want MP to succeed as much as anyone but looking at him on the touchline today I didn't see any fight in the man, a gentleman yes, a winner, i'm not so sure. I hope i'm proved wrong but I think it may be a long hard season.

This,i want to see some fight and enthusiam from him on match days,maybe too much of a thinker and not a doer

AshtonBlueMooner said:
I hope you're proved wrong too. If you think of the horrific performance that was put in at wembley v Wigan then you would know that things aren't going to completely change over night. He has had four games in charge, 3 without our influential captain. I'm sure he would love to play attacking football and from the Newcastle game and the milan friendly we are clearly capable. Remember the manager and 4 of the players are completely new to the league and it may take time to settle properly. When I say time I don't mean 4 games. I'm talking a couple of months.

Having said that if we get to december and are producing these performances on a regular basis then it would be a time to start worrying but not just yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.