Discuss Pellegrini

It is a squad game and we should be able to cope but to lose such influential players as Kompany and Silva just as we have a new manager with a whole new system is plain bad luck !
As soon as the squad is all back and fit , I think we will see improvement - but we have to remember that empires take time to build.

Ducado said:
I think people should be honest and lay their cards on the table

If you think he is a dud and we should get rid just come out and say it
All this tit for tat stems from the clowns who gloated after the Newcastle match
And you have mentioned this yourself many times

Ridiculed Mancini saying this is what you've been missing,this is what footballs all abt
It was always going to bite them back on the arse
Didn't think this early though

It is still fairly early & luckily the rags & Chavs are on the same points as us
Win next week and all is good.

Ducado said:
I think people should be honest and lay their cards on the table

If you think he is a dud and we should get rid just come out and say it

I think he is a dud but for me the next two games are likely to define our season or at very least provide a clear indication of what the rest of the season holds for us

And no i wont sing Mancini nor even use his name at the game and i will as i have always supported the team but the guy dont seem to have a clue about English Football

Bodicoteblue said:
It is a squad game and we should be able to cope but to lose such influential players as Kompany and Silva just as we have a new manager with a whole new system is plain bad luck !
As soon as the squad is all back and fit , I think we will see improvement - but we have to remember that empires take time to build.
contrary to popular delusion our squad depth isn't fantastic and still lacks balance,it will take a while to remedy given the contracts some of our 'lesser' players are sitting on.

We simply can't reproduce our best form with kompany,silva and clichy,amongst others,missing.

Ducado said:
hilts said:
Ducado said:
To be fair I don't think anyone has been that impressed so far something is not right you don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise this.

However he has not been blessed with a fully fit squad and with our most influential player.

I am willing to give him some time, to put things right

I thought it was a squad game? If we can't play well with a few injuries that isn't a good sign for the future, i am watching the everton chelsea game and what strikes me is that whoever wins both teams are actually playing decent football

i said all along the players should have got a lot more flack last season than they did, the board could have backed Mancini but this would have been problematic, they chose the easy way out, i hope they got it right

I can see what your saying but what can we do? We can only wait and hope that this is just a poorish start to the season, (which does happen to many top teams) and that as the season progresses thinks will click into place

The problem is the standard of opposition we have faced and how we have played, we need signs of something, people attacking the manager is just silly but if common sense dictates we should give it 12 games for example what do we do in the meantime? not discuss the game?

If players are in a comfort zone what do you do? get rid of a guy who challenges them and bring in someone who lets them ease up more?

We have some very good players and it wouldn't surprise me if we dicked the rags next week unfortunately you don't get a trophy for it, all top teams play badly but would the rags or chelsea play cardiff hull and stoke back to back and only deserve one point from those games?

we have too many good players who get swapped about so no one is responsible, no one has a clue including the manager what our best team is, the whole thing is badly managed and this started long before pelligrini

shaiomarali said:
Any post match interviews? Would be interesting to listen to what Pellers say.

Manuel Pellegrini has declared himself satisfied with a goalless draw at the Britannia Stadium. In a week that has seen the vast majority of his squad dispersing across the globe for international duty, the Chilean believes that a point at one of City's bogey grounds is no bad result.

The 59-year old also pointed to the five injury absentees as other obstacles that City had to overcome going into this tricky encounter.

"For us it was a very difficult week because we were missing four players," Pellegrini admitted.

"We know that here at Stoke it's always very difficult, so I think it's a good point for us in a difficult week because all of our players were away with their national teams.

"Players played with their national squad, two games in one week, we have to play today, next Tuesday, next Sunday, next Wednesday - we have seven games in 21 days, so it's important to have rotation.

"From the back four, Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany, and Gael Clichy and David Silva are out and we have the Champions League on Tuesday so it's a good point for us.

Although Stoke City undoubtedly had the best chances to claim all three points from the game, City's boss believes that it was a good performance from his side and that they were good value for their point.

"I think we played well, we want to make more chances to score but they are tough opposition and if we played like we played today in the Cardiff game we would have won," he declared.

"We must continue, we always want to win but if we cannot win, it's important not to lose.

"We have to create chances to score. Stoke did a very good game so it's a difficult team to play against, in a week where we had many special circumstances.

"We must improve in a lot of ways but we know about that."

Pellegrini revealed that his captain may well be available for selection again on Tuesday when City travel to the Czech Republic for their Champions League clash with Viktoria Plzen.

He also reserved special praise for Joe Hart after his accomplished performance between the posts.

"We'll see with Vincent what happens, we'll talk tomorrow, with the doctor with the player and we'll see if he can play on Tuesday but if not, I'm sure he'll be fine for the derby next Sunday," Pellegrini stated.

"I have trust in Joe Hart and it was a clean sheet again in the last four games and the two last games we played in the PL so that's always important for a goalkeeper and I'm sure Joe will continue with this."

Manuel's counterpart, ex-City boss Mark Hughes, was understandably disappointed not to claim the points and rued missed chances in front of goal.

"I think the story of the game was that we were quite comfortable," Hughes told reporters after the game.

"We just lacked that final ball or that appreciation of what was required at that key moment and weren't able to capitalise."

dctid said:
If we screw up the next two games ie we lose one or both with the same type of performances then for me he can do one as one poster put it. To progress in the CL we have to get something away and we cannot let a gap open up between us and the other teams or we will struggle top 4

If being nice to players means they turn out this level of shizzzle then please bring back an autocratic odious bastard manager in place of this fucker w0rked quite well for Ferguson, Mouriniho etc.

You will probably find that if you speak to the players that played under the 2 you mention they will say that they're their favourite managers.

I think our start has been poor, but you cant even contemplate changing manager after 4 games, he still has to get the team playing his way and the new signings are just that - new signings. Negredo looks good but the others need to settle in before we see anything like what theyre capable of. The one thing in our favour is it looks like everyone else is capable of losing, in general the start to the season has been poor from all clubs except Liverpool and I dont expect them to keep that up for long.

All I can say so far is that he's had injuries to defense which is our weakest department. People who can't see that problem and blame him are Manciniester fans and still resentful he's got the gig.

Personally I'd have got Jose but Pellegrini it is and he's a good manager anyway, certainly one that fits what our bill is I.e attacking philosophy, great man manager, adept in European football.

Javi Garcia needs to start looking at houses back in Spain, he's fucking atrocious. Today no different. Only Nastasics near O.G helped to spare blushes. That track back and failed pass straight into a stoke players feet was despicable.

The 4-2-2-2 like I said following Cardiff game is not right for us. We need a three man midfield. Milner and Fernandinho with Yaya the advanced player is our best formation imo. Silva or Jovetic on left and Navas on the right with Aguero or Negredo upfront. Yaya isn't cut out for 2 man midfield, he's a great player advanced but average holding. He must be seen as a Vieira type player but he lacks the stamina to do the same job. Enter James Milner.

I think Barry going and Garcia staying is a terrible decision I believe we may live to regret. He's a perfect option for us to have and we basically gave him away. Garcia does not deserve his shirt, Barry did. Simple.

People writing us off when Jovetic is still to enter the fray properly, and the other three also to gel. DeMichellis and Kompany both bolster our options. I'm just glad it's at the start of the seasom as opposed to a crucial European game or league run in fixture.

Said all along that top 3 and advance from groups in Europe is what we have to do. Winning the league is possible imo, I make us favourites still but people should not expect it. We had a BIG summer. 4 new players that will probably enter our first eleven, new manager and many injuries yet the sky is falling in for the irrational.

One word. Believe.

NipHolmes said:
All I can say so far is that he's had injuries to defense which is our weakest department. People who can't see that problem and blame him are Manciniester fans and still resentful he's got the gig.

Personally I'd have got Jose but Pellegrini it is and he's a good manager anyway, certainly one that fits what our bill is I.e attacking philosophy, great man manager, adept in European football.

Javi Garcia needs to start looking at houses back in Spain, he's fucking atrocious. Today no different. Only Nastasics near O.G helped to spare blushes. That track back and failed pass straight into a stoke players feet was despicable.

The 4-2-2-2 like I said following Cardiff game is not right for us. We need a three man midfield. Milner and Fernandinho with Yaya the advanced player is our best formation imo. Silva or Jovetic on left and Navas on the right with Aguero or Negredo upfront. Yaya isn't cut out for 2 man midfield, he's a great player advanced but average holding. He must be seen as a Vieira type player but he lacks the stamina to do the same job. Enter James Milner.

I think Barry going and Garcia staying is a terrible decision I believe we may live to regret. He's a perfect option for us to have and we basically gave him away. Garcia does not deserve his shirt, Barry did. Simple.

People writing us off when Jovetic is still to enter the fray properly, and the other three also to gel. DeMichellis and Kompany both bolster our options. I'm just glad it's at the start of the seasom as opposed to a crucial European game or league run in fixture.

Said all along that top 3 and advance from groups in Europe is what we have to do. Winning the league is possible imo, I make us favourites still but people should not expect it. We had a BIG summer. 4 new players that will probably enter our first eleven, new manager and many injuries yet the sky is falling in for the irrational.

One word. Believe.

Your post doesn't make any sense old bean you have made a pretty big contradiction

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.