Discuss Pellegrini

FantasyIreland said:
Bodicoteblue said:
It is a squad game and we should be able to cope but to lose such influential players as Kompany and Silva just as we have a new manager with a whole new system is plain bad luck !
As soon as the squad is all back and fit , I think we will see improvement - but we have to remember that empires take time to build.
contrary to popular delusion our squad depth isn't fantastic and still lacks balance,it will take a while to remedy given the contracts some of our 'lesser' players are sitting on.

We simply can't reproduce our best form with kompany,silva and clichy,amongst others,missing.

I certainly agree we lack the right mix and there are players even playing for clubs below Everton that gel and make that side much better than they otherwise would be even though they wouldn't get a look at in City.

We will have good days and off days ( hopefully many more good than off but who knows ) but what you need is players that have a belief and are prepared to do what is necessary to get the result.

Everton had it today for example , they would have beaten us comfortably today ( home or away dare I say it ).

You cannot help thinking too many of our squad have lived in a comfort zone since we won the title and are living on reputation rather than what is needed week in week out.

I can cop a loss when we have been unlucky and played to our best on any given day but these performances against low opposition and dropping 5 points with dire efforts to boost strikes me of a side that doesn't give a stuff at least not at the moment.

Talk the Talk but walk the walk and you will gain the respect of the opposition.

No side fears us anymore even at our own patch and that includes every side in the premiership.

We have to get that invincibility back into our play , we haven't had it for over two years now.

hilts said:
NipHolmes said:
All I can say so far is that he's had injuries to defense which is our weakest department. People who can't see that problem and blame him are Manciniester fans and still resentful he's got the gig.

Personally I'd have got Jose but Pellegrini it is and he's a good manager anyway, certainly one that fits what our bill is I.e attacking philosophy, great man manager, adept in European football.

Javi Garcia needs to start looking at houses back in Spain, he's fucking atrocious. Today no different. Only Nastasics near O.G helped to spare blushes. That track back and failed pass straight into a stoke players feet was despicable.

The 4-2-2-2 like I said following Cardiff game is not right for us. We need a three man midfield. Milner and Fernandinho with Yaya the advanced player is our best formation imo. Silva or Jovetic on left and Navas on the right with Aguero or Negredo upfront. Yaya isn't cut out for 2 man midfield, he's a great player advanced but average holding. He must be seen as a Vieira type player but he lacks the stamina to do the same job. Enter James Milner.

I think Barry going and Garcia staying is a terrible decision I believe we may live to regret. He's a perfect option for us to have and we basically gave him away. Garcia does not deserve his shirt, Barry did. Simple.

People writing us off when Jovetic is still to enter the fray properly, and the other three also to gel. DeMichellis and Kompany both bolster our options. I'm just glad it's at the start of the seasom as opposed to a crucial European game or league run in fixture.

Said all along that top 3 and advance from groups in Europe is what we have to do. Winning the league is possible imo, I make us favourites still but people should not expect it. We had a BIG summer. 4 new players that will probably enter our first eleven, new manager and many injuries yet the sky is falling in for the irrational.

One word. Believe.

Your post doesn't make any sense old bean you have made a pretty big contradiction
It's called covering all your bases
Nip first said top 4 will be fine
Then started a thread that we WILL win the league aft the Newcastle match
Now top 3 is o.k again

Tbf most of us have done the same

BillyShears said:
Ducado said:
I think people should be honest and lay their cards on the table

If you think he is a dud and we should get rid just come out and say it

I think that's a great idea. Like a handy guide to Bluemoon's biggest morons.

Billy - I have always backed the manager and the team but this is a bit of a laugh coming from you. Your criticism of Roberto Mancini was unforgivable yet you back Pellegrini come what may. I also back Pellegrini come what may because he is our manager. You could not do that last season. You qualified for one of Bluemoon's biggest morons

True_Blue69 said:
dctid said:
If we screw up the next two games ie we lose one or both with the same type of performances then for me he can do one as one poster put it. To progress in the CL we have to get something away and we cannot let a gap open up between us and the other teams or we will struggle top 4

If being nice to players means they turn out this level of shizzzle then please bring back an autocratic odious bastard manager in place of this fucker w0rked quite well for Ferguson, Mouriniho etc.

You will probably find that if you speak to the players that played under the 2 you mention they will say that they're their favourite managers.

I think our start has been poor, but you cant even contemplate changing manager after 4 games, he still has to get the team playing his way and the new signings are just that - new signings. Negredo looks good but the others need to settle in before we see anything like what theyre capable of. The one thing in our favour is it looks like everyone else is capable of losing, in general the start to the season has been poor from all clubs except Liverpool and I dont expect them to keep that up for long.

Chelski lost to Neverton - fuck dont we always lose there
Rags lost to Ploppool away and drew against Chelski
Spuds lost to Le arse away - again not a shock
Ploppool aint lost yet - and with Suarez back they will only get stronger
Le Arse lost to Villa opening game - only result you can say was a suprise
City get tuened over by Cardiff and lucky top get a draw today

Dont see anythingt which supports your pint that everybody is capable of losing - Le Arse apart everybody who has dropped points has done so against decent oposition certainly much much better than teams we have dropped points too

And yes if we got beat in the CL and then against the rags i would contemplate getting rid of him

CC1 said:
BillyShears said:
Ducado said:
I think people should be honest and lay their cards on the table

If you think he is a dud and we should get rid just come out and say it

I think that's a great idea. Like a handy guide to Bluemoon's biggest morons.

Billy - I have always backed the manager and the team but this is a bit of a laugh coming from you. Your criticism of Roberto Mancini was unforgivable yet you back Pellegrini come what may. I also back Pellegrini come what may because he is our manager. You could not do that last season. You qualified for one of Bluemoon's biggest morons

Even though Mancini got sacked? You might want to rethink that.

By the way, there's a difference between being snide about a manager after four games because you were in love with his predecessor and making a judgement call on a manager who's been in charge for three years.

dctid said:
True_Blue69 said:
dctid said:
If we screw up the next two games ie we lose one or both with the same type of performances then for me he can do one as one poster put it. To progress in the CL we have to get something away and we cannot let a gap open up between us and the other teams or we will struggle top 4

If being nice to players means they turn out this level of shizzzle then please bring back an autocratic odious bastard manager in place of this fucker w0rked quite well for Ferguson, Mouriniho etc.

You will probably find that if you speak to the players that played under the 2 you mention they will say that they're their favourite managers.

I think our start has been poor, but you cant even contemplate changing manager after 4 games, he still has to get the team playing his way and the new signings are just that - new signings. Negredo looks good but the others need to settle in before we see anything like what theyre capable of. The one thing in our favour is it looks like everyone else is capable of losing, in general the start to the season has been poor from all clubs except Liverpool and I dont expect them to keep that up for long.

Chelski lost to Neverton - fuck dont we always lose there
Rags lost to Ploppool away and drew against Chelski
Spuds lost to Le arse away - again not a shock
Ploppool aint lost yet - and with Suarez back they will only get stronger
Le Arse lost to Villa opening game - only result you can say was a suprise
City get tuened over by Cardiff and lucky top get a draw today

Dont see anythingt which supports your pint that everybody is capable of losing - Le Arse apart everybody who has dropped points has done so against decent oposition certainly much much better than teams we have dropped points too

And yes if we got beat in the CL and then against the rags i would contemplate getting rid of him

Could you try writing that in English please

The cookie monster said:
hilts said:
NipHolmes said:
All I can say so far is that he's had injuries to defense which is our weakest department. People who can't see that problem and blame him are Manciniester fans and still resentful he's got the gig.

Personally I'd have got Jose but Pellegrini it is and he's a good manager anyway, certainly one that fits what our bill is I.e attacking philosophy, great man manager, adept in European football.

Javi Garcia needs to start looking at houses back in Spain, he's fucking atrocious. Today no different. Only Nastasics near O.G helped to spare blushes. That track back and failed pass straight into a stoke players feet was despicable.

The 4-2-2-2 like I said following Cardiff game is not right for us. We need a three man midfield. Milner and Fernandinho with Yaya the advanced player is our best formation imo. Silva or Jovetic on left and Navas on the right with Aguero or Negredo upfront. Yaya isn't cut out for 2 man midfield, he's a great player advanced but average holding. He must be seen as a Vieira type player but he lacks the stamina to do the same job. Enter James Milner.

I think Barry going and Garcia staying is a terrible decision I believe we may live to regret. He's a perfect option for us to have and we basically gave him away. Garcia does not deserve his shirt, Barry did. Simple.

People writing us off when Jovetic is still to enter the fray properly, and the other three also to gel. DeMichellis and Kompany both bolster our options. I'm just glad it's at the start of the seasom as opposed to a crucial European game or league run in fixture.

Said all along that top 3 and advance from groups in Europe is what we have to do. Winning the league is possible imo, I make us favourites still but people should not expect it. We had a BIG summer. 4 new players that will probably enter our first eleven, new manager and many injuries yet the sky is falling in for the irrational.

One word. Believe.

Your post doesn't make any sense old bean you have made a pretty big contradiction
It's called covering all your bases
Nip first said top 4 will be fine
Then started a thread that we WILL win the league aft the Newcastle match
Now top 3 is o.k again

Tbf most of us have done the same

You can't argue with the genius of stating we have a good manager but then goes on to say we should not play garcia and have a 3 man midfield

the guy who picks garcia and plays a two man midfield? our very own manager, clear as mud really, i love logic

FantasyIreland said:
Bodicoteblue said:
It is a squad game and we should be able to cope but to lose such influential players as Kompany and Silva just as we have a new manager with a whole new system is plain bad luck !
As soon as the squad is all back and fit , I think we will see improvement - but we have to remember that empires take time to build.
contrary to popular delusion our squad depth isn't fantastic and still lacks balance,it will take a while to remedy given the contracts some of our 'lesser' players are sitting on.

We simply can't reproduce our best form with kompany,silva and clichy,amongst others,missing.
I was critical of Pellegrini in the aftermath of the Hull game, but today we had our entire first choice back 4 out, and David Silva who is a key player for us. In the circumstances a point is OK. Better than losing at Everton for a start

I certainly think Pellegrini deserves a full season to put his stamp on the squad but these next two games are already near-critical to the season, two more performances like today and we'll be looking down the barrel in two competitions. Where was the much touted pressing game that Pellegrini was supposed to bring to the club? Today we were poor with the ball and bloody awful without it.

dctid said:
Blankomania said:
Ducado said:
To be fair I don't think anyone has been that impressed so far something is not right you don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise this.

However he has not been blessed with a fully fit squad and with our most influential player.

I am willing to give him some time, to put things right
I agree! Pellegrini needs time to apply his system on the team. The new signings need time to settle in and the defensive injuries haven't helped.

However the way we have been playing is do pellegrini no favours, and we better get our act together quick before we start slipping behind the leading pack.

But its not about systems its about energy desire work rate and a bit of passion. Get that first then decide the system and i think most would agree that with those attribute whatever system you chose the team will win far far more than it loses, without these attributes the system chosen is irrelevent

The current shite on display proves that

+1. Too many one paced fannys complacently stealing a wage at the moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.