Discuss Pellegrini

thenabster said:
Damocles said:
thenabster said:
That's BS. We are playing for the title not for the top half. If you play for the title there are only a certain number of defeats you can afford and if we lose away at Cardiff what will happen when we're playing away at Old Trafford or at Chelsea. Why are the players allowed to be blamed but not the manager?

Let me ask you an altered version of your own question.

If Alex Ferguson had a record of W1:L1 last season, would this thread appear on RedCafe?

The answer to that question is the same reason that this thread is bizarre and a bit daft

Ferguson never lost away at a promoted side. But yes I agree that it's still early and he needs some more time. But it doesn't mean that he shouldn't be discussed. Hopefully he learns and we get back on track.

Burnley?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Damocles said:
thenabster said:
That's BS. We are playing for the title not for the top half. If you play for the title there are only a certain number of defeats you can afford and if we lose away at Cardiff what will happen when we're playing away at Old Trafford or at Chelsea. Why are the players allowed to be blamed but not the manager?

If Alex Ferguson had a record of W1:L1 last season, would this thread appear on RedCafe?

The answer to that question is the same reason that this thread is bizarre and a bit daft

Difference is though pal that the rags lost at Everton..not to a fucking team who had one shot-goal,and 2 set piece goals. I think if they were on the end of this result they would feel the same pal.
Pellegrini needs to learn fast however I hope this doesn't turn into a Mancini v Pellegrini thread.
We need to demolish Hull next Saturday..

I think we've crossed lines here. I'll use one of my famous shit analogies to confuse the issues even more!

There's two ways of judging people in life; there's the maths test way and the French test way.

During a maths test your score starts out at 0. There's a presumption that you don't know what you're doing and every right answer adds +1 to your score.

During a French test your score starts at 100 and drops for every mistake that you make. There's a presumption that you do know what you're doing and every mistake shows your incompetence and loses you a point.

On here we tend to use the French style marking system. I disagree with this because the people in charge are highly experienced experts in their field and I think we should presume competence rather than the type of incompetence that we could possibly notice.

Ferguson was appointed many years ago when football used the maths test idea of judging managers and I think that he retained this traditionally as an attitude from the fanbase. Because we've made such a quick transition to a top team, we don't have the built in confidence to any manager that belies the maths test/patient overlook of their reign.

We already have Pellegrini Out posts. 2 games in and after 1 excellent performance and 1 dodgy performance. I don't think this is a reasonable position to hold.

kp789 said:
2 Games in and we are worried about the manager? Seriously lads.

Not worried about the manager yet. I am worried about our away form, and in particular playing against a packed defence.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Damocles said:
thenabster said:

Difference is though pal that the rags lost at Everton..not to a fucking team who had one shot-goal,and 2 set piece goals. I think if they were on the end of this result they would feel the same pal.
Pellegrini needs to learn fast however I hope this doesn't turn into a Mancini v Pellegrini thread.
We need to demolish Hull next Saturday..

Burnley?

So inserting a fast striker against a slow makeshift back line suddenly constitutes being tactically overmatched?

Damocles said:
There's two ways of judging people in life; there's the maths test way and the French test way.

During a maths test your score starts out at 0. There's a presumption that you don't know what you're doing and every right answer adds +1 to your score.

During a French test your score starts at 100 and drops for every mistake that you make. There's a presumption that you do know what you're doing and every mistake shows your incompetence and loses you a point.

That's a funny and interesting analogy.

teddykgb said:
So inserting a fast striker against a slow makeshift back line suddenly constitutes being tactically overmatched?

Yes, especially if the manager of the slow backline doesn't react to impending doom.

thenabster said:
teddykgb said:

Yes, especially if the manager of the slow backline doesn't react to impending doom.

React how? He's already playing people out of position there. Should he have birthed a fast, PL level CB this week and raised it quickly?

I just don't see what you expected.

teddykgb said:
thenabster said:
teddykgb said:

React how? He's already playing people out of position there. Should he have birthed a fast, PL level CB this week and raised it quickly?

I just don't see what you expected.

Should have got his boots on, the lazy ****. Anything less isn't good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.