Discuss Pellegrini

Ric said:
thenabster said:
Ric said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8202360.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 202360.stm</a>

And Chelsea won the title.

That's not really the point. You said Ferguson "never lost away at a promoted side"; I was merely pointing out that's not true.

Ok he lost and went on to lose the title as well. Happy now?

People need no calm down here. The title says Discuss Pellegrini, it doesn't say Sack Pellegrini. As a city fan when we lose, I ask myself questions and hence the topic. I am clearly not advocating for MP to be sacked and I think most people here are not too.

thenabster said:
I feel we and everyone is getting caught with his gentlemen etiquette. He seems to be a nice guy and there is no drama in the team which I like however it may be a problem if he's too nice and we don't analyze his shortcomings. Today, Pellegrini got tactically destroyed by Malkay Mackay. I mean Malkay ripped him apart. He knew that MP was going to use Garcia and Lescott in defense that were out of sync and slow, so instead of playing Cornelius he plays a fast striker who created havoc in the defense. Also he knew that MP wasn't going to use a holding midfielder but two midfielders who preferred to attack, so Mackay filled his midfield with fast and strong midfielders who were going to but our midfield on the backheel. Plus MP didn't even react to the troubles.

Cardiff is not a better team than us and the players may have under performed but this result also hinges on the manager because tactically he failed today.

I like MP but I'm worried about his gentlemen etiquette. He rarely wins against strong managers, I feel like when we meet the Mourinhos, AVB, Rodgers etc MP will keep on getting tactically outmaneuvered. One thing Mancini had that MP doesn't seem to have was that Mancini was very emotional and vocal, that's why even though the players didn't like him when we were losing 2-0 at half time or something, Mancini would scream the shit out of players to overturn the deficit. I feel like today when Cardiff scored, MP just kept on chilling on his bench. MP is going to have to switch on his inner cockiness.

I think we should also start discussing about him because we can't just blame the players all the time.

sorry that is crap

Not impressed

Monday night flattered us today was shambolic

We will regret sacking Mancini but goota give MP time although personally i dont think he is the right man - tippy tappy footballing shit ala La Ligua wont cut it in this league

thenabster said:
teddykgb said:
thenabster said:
Yes, especially if the manager of the slow backline doesn't react to impending doom.

React how? He's already playing people out of position there. Should he have birthed a fast, PL level CB this week and raised it quickly?

I just don't see what you expected.

Boyata could have played and Garcia or Barry should have played in the midfield with Yaya and Fernandinho. Why don't we play with a holding midfielder away from home. We have two midifielders who don't like to defend and everytime we lose the ball the whole team is on the backheel because nobody in the midifeld wants to defend. Look at the slalom Kim had for the first goal, no one came to close him down.

That's how an adept manager reacts to a situation. Plus why are we ostracizing Barry? When things are going well nobody cares but if things get bad, that shit will come to hunt MP like Anelka did for AVB.

So we lose because of shambolic defending and an inability to penetrate the bus and your tactical suggestion is to deploy a holding midfielder ?

Yaya and Fernandinho both "like" to defend. We did not lose today because we were caught on the counter and didn't have a deep midfielder to break up play. Not one of our goals were due to this "tactical error". We had the majority of the ball and Fernandinho and Yaya both won the ball back at an acceptable rate.

Again, not one goal was scored because of anything a holding midfielder would have done. Yaya didn't track his runner for the first goal, a mistake Barry has made several times recently as well. Nonetheless, they were deep and setup, there's nothing a holding mid would ahve done there, excepting maybe a different person might have put in the effort to track his man, which is a player issue, not a tactical one. The team was in position to defend, they simply didn't defend. I'm not sure how a holding midfielder helps us not concede from corners, but if you can prove that one, i'm all ears. Again, the team didn't execute, they were not beaten tactically.

As far as Boyata, if that's the "answer" then the question is quite obviously the problem. Choosing between Boyata and Garcia is like choosing between cancer and AIDS (just a joke). Boyata would never have been inserted over Lescott, and although Garcia was incredibly shaky, he managed to not be at fault for any of their goals.

To summarize, if we had been tactically annhilated, we wouldn't have dominated possession, chances, etc. Or if we had, the other team would have broken well and scored on the counter. None of that happened today, although it did come close a few times. We lost because we played like boneheads in our own half. This should have been a 1-0 "lucky to get out of there" victory, the kind that class PL teams pull off all the time.

thenabster said:
teddykgb said:
thenabster said:
Yes, especially if the manager of the slow backline doesn't react to impending doom.

React how? He's already playing people out of position there. Should he have birthed a fast, PL level CB this week and raised it quickly?

I just don't see what you expected.

Boyata could have played and Garcia or Barry should have played in the midfield with Yaya and Fernandinho. Why don't we play with a holding midfielder away from home. We have two midifielders who don't like to defend and everytime we lose the ball the whole team is on the backheel because nobody in the midifeld wants to defend. Look at the slalom Kim had for the first goal, no one came to close him down.

That's how an adept manager reacts to a situation. Plus why are we ostracizing Barry? When things are going well nobody cares but if things get bad, that shit will come to hunt MP like Anelka did for AVB.

Jesus Christ.

Pellegrini could have totally changed his game plan, took a more cautious approach and come away with a point. Then people would be complaining because we should be winning these sort of games.

Pellegrini stuck to his guns and played to win. In the end if it wasn't for the poor defending and goalkeeping of two corners his approach would have earned us three points.

dctid said:
Not impressed

Monday night flattered us today was shambolic

We will regret sacking Mancini but goota give MP time although personally i dont think he is the right man - tippy tappy footballing shit ala La Ligua wont cut it in this league

You're argument is confused. "Tippy tappy" football was exactly what Mancini played last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.