Discuss Pellegrini

It is foolish to dismiss him already and he should be given the whole season imho.

BillyShears said:
bondsman said:
Since his arrival I seen nowt. Now when Mancini arrived the impact was evident immediately fact.

Do you realistically expect to see an impact after two games, baring in mind in one of them we scored four goals and looked electric at times?

I'll leave you to it mate. I wouldn't want to stir your shit anymore. You're more than entitled to feel however you currently feel. More power to your elbow.

I expect to see an impact after he buys four players has a full pre season and we start with Newcastle Cardiff stoke and hull yeah mate I do! As for electric they had ten men Monday night for 45 minutes and even when they had 11 they didn't want to know. Electric? No mate old Trafford away year before last, spurs away, Newcastle away. They were electric performances Monday night was a walk in the park. Difference today Cardiff came to play and we fucking couldn't match it. Newcastle didn't want to know and rolled over IMHO.

bondsman said:
grim up north said:
bondsman said:
Oh well if they were up for it that's okay then. Ffs spurs beat palace last week and palace were up for it. Don't make shit excuses

I'm not making any excuses, Marvin said it was more significant than a defeat to Everton. I was just throwing in a mitigating factor

Marvin is right Everton are a better team. It's not mitigating though as being up for it is bare minimum we should expect and prepare for from any opposition.

Yeah Marvin is right Everton maybe a better team but football is played on grass not paper

Chippy_boy said:
bondsman said:
grim up north said:
It was Cardiff,s cup final, first game back they would have been up for that against anybody

Oh well if they were up for it that's okay then. Ffs spurs beat palace last week and palace were up for it. Don't make shit excuses

I have probably overreacted enough already, but I have to say I agree with that. If we want to win the league and compete in the latter stages of the CL, we have to be able to go to teams like Cardiff and beat them, cup final or not.

Can anyone remotely in their wildest dreams imagine say Dortmund losing at Cardiff today? Not in 100 years.

It was just a great big fat reality check for me. We are simply not as good (yet) as we were starting to think we were.

this might be the very thing we need, a reality check, any decent manager/team with take this and inject some venom. there should be no excuses for performances like that from now on

No one was busting a gut today to impress the new manager and that's worrying. Maybe we'll see a few changes against Hull to keep the players on their toes (can't believe I'm saying this after two games ffs) Roll on Saturday for a good result and put this terrible result in the past.

BillyShears said:
bondsman said:
Since his arrival I seen nowt. Now when Mancini arrived the impact was evident immediately fact.

Do you realistically expect to see an impact after two games, baring in mind in one of them we scored four goals and looked electric at times?

I'll leave you to it mate. I wouldn't want to stir your shit anymore. You're more than entitled to feel however you currently feel. More power to your elbow.

I didn't expect to see much of an impact. I expected to see pretty much what we have seen in the last couple of years with the addition of players like Fernandinho and Navas giving us a bit more dynamism, speed and width in the team. Other refinements I would expect to see introduced gradually as the season progresses.

What I didn't expect to see because it has been rarely seen over the last few years is the concession of 3 goals after we had taken a 1-0 lead in the 60th minute. I especially don't expect to see this against a newly promoted team that had started to run out of legs at the point we had taken the lead. My concern is not about systems, playing styles, or formations but about mentality. And what today's game told me about mentality has me more concerned then if we had got sucker punched to a 1-0 defeat in the 90th minute.

andrewmswift said:
my god 31 fucking pages on this topic?

it's his second game in charge ffs.

You're right pal but with Mancini no such threads existed after 2 games in and losing 3-1 to Cardiff that's the issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.