Discuss Pellegrini

Pellegrini just doesn't have the that winning mentality that Bobby had. He may well be a really nice bloke and motivator but he just doesn't know what winning is like. I think he will be gone by christmas.

Mr Partridge said:
Welcome to Manchester Manuel. Don't worry, if we beat Hull you'll be the best thing since sliced bread again, that's how it works around here.

.......and if we don't beat Hull I think i'll want him out by 9 am the next morning! Fed up with all this winning caper! I kind of miss those days of Manchester City's 1990's insecurity and endless moaning!

I jest of course - well actually I do miss the moaning having spent so long doing it - but I think Pellegrini will get it right.

menorcansunshine said:
Pellegrini just doesn't have the that winning mentality that Bobby had. He may well be a really nice bloke and motivator but he just doesn't know what winning is like. I think he will be gone by christmas.

Mancini would of lost that game as well......

thenabster said:
Damocles said:
thenabster said:
That's BS. We are playing for the title not for the top half. If you play for the title there are only a certain number of defeats you can afford and if we lose away at Cardiff what will happen when we're playing away at Old Trafford or at Chelsea. Why are the players allowed to be blamed but not the manager?

Let me ask you an altered version of your own question.

If Alex Ferguson had a record of W1:L1 last season, would this thread appear on RedCafe?

The answer to that question is the same reason that this thread is bizarre and a bit daft

Ferguson never lost away at a promoted side. But yes I agree that it's still early and he needs some more time. But it doesn't mean that he shouldn't be discussed. Hopefully he learns and we get back on track.
Away to Burnley 09/10 early in the season Utd lost 1-0. Finished runners up to Chelsea that season.

Ray78 said:
menorcansunshine said:

Mancini would of lost that game as well......

Mancini might have lost that game (any manger can lose any game in theory), although the stats from the opening games of the past few seasons suggest otherwise; but I guarantee you that he would not have lost the game the way we did...under Mancini going ahead and staying ahead was rarely an issue and certainly not against the likes of Cardiff. Not scoring and conceding a late goal that was our trademark away game loss.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:26 am --<br /><br />
Blue and Proud said:
thenabster said:
Damocles said:
Let me ask you an altered version of your own question.

If Alex Ferguson had a record of W1:L1 last season, would this thread appear on RedCafe?

The answer to that question is the same reason that this thread is bizarre and a bit daft

Ferguson never lost away at a promoted side. But yes I agree that it's still early and he needs some more time. But it doesn't mean that he shouldn't be discussed. Hopefully he learns and we get back on track.
Away to Burnley 09/10 early in the season Utd lost 1-0. Finished runners up to Chelsea that season.

Yep 1-0 away. It happens. Now lets look at promoted sides who went 1-0 down to Taggart and then scored 3 goals in the last 30 mins to win the game in say the last 20 years. Losing as such is not the issue. All teams lose games. The manner of the loss is the concern.

In the grand scheme of things we have the best squad in the league. Yes a little bit more depth in terms of quality is probably needed but we've just had the second game of the season and lost 3-2 against a team that will be spikey opposition for quite a lot of teams this season. Last week Newcastle were beaten easily so perhaps a lot of people just need to put things into perspective. We'll win games this season and we'll lose a few more, this is a certainty but it's the same for every club up and down the land.

I remember sitting there at Maine Road watching Lincoln walk away with a 5-1 aggregate win in the League Cup, being taken to the cleaners by Stockport, hung out to dry home and away by Wycombe and so the list goes on. Success comes and goes, sure let's have a good moan when we drop points but lets not get above our station and turn into an arrogant set of supporters who demand victory and nothing else for every single game.

MSP said:
Can't believe I'm reading this thread on August 26th..

To be fair you couldn't have read it any earlier. We do have to play the game before we can comment. Its kind of the way it works.

MSP said:
BobKowalski said:
MSP said:
Can't believe I'm reading this thread on August 26th..

To be fair you couldn't have read it any earlier. We do have to play the game before we can comment. Its kind of the way it works.

I've always found you as my intellectual inspiration, thanks for adding to that.

You're welcome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.