Discuss Pellegrini

strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:
When was the last time a league title was won after the second game of the season?
It's one thing losing your opening away game at Everton, another to lose at Cardiff.

This is after a poor finish to last season. Stupid to laugh this off
I wouldn't give a fuck if it was against Withington Red Lion, it's one defeat; it's how we respond to it next time we play that matters.
A loss to Cardiff away is a lot more significant than losing to Everton - suggests that we will be vulnerable in any away game

jake28 said:
strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:
It's one thing losing your opening away game at Everton, another to lose at Cardiff.

I wouldn't give a fuck if it was against Withington Red Lion, it's one defeat; it's how we respond to it next time we play that matters.

We will respond by battering Hull but only because they are shitter than Newcastle...our real test will be Stoke away in a few weeks.

Spot on, never win at Joke City. Hull at home isn't a test for any City manager!

Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:

A loss to Cardiff away is a lot more significant than losing to Everton - suggests that we will be vulnerable in any away game

It might suggest that to you Marvin, but it clearly doesn't to the rational people on the forum. You should calm yourself and stop flapping. Even the mighty man united have lost to burnley and wolves in recent seasons. Results like this happen in football. You'd think someone who's been watching as long as you have would know that.

Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:

It was Cardiff,s cup final, first game back they would have been up for that against anybody

BillyShears said:
Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:

It might suggest that to you Marvin, but it clearly doesn't to the rational people on the forum. You should calm yourself and stop flapping. Even the mighty man united have lost to burnley and wolves in recent seasons. Results like this happen in football. You'd think someone who's been watching as long as you have would know that.

It wasn't just the loss it was the manner of it. Shite performance by players. Shite team selection, shite half time talk and shite subs all by manager. Newcastle were shit and we were no where near the level we were at when we were on song under Mancini. Pellegrini has had everything his own way. I've seen sod all to suggest he is some tactical genius or master motivator.

Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:
Marvin said:

Imho, it means we had a bad day at the office and have an opportunity to put it right, particularly with there being 108 points left to play for.

You know, I can't believe I'm even dignifying your posts with a bloody response - which obviously makes me the bigger fool, therefore I will bid you good night sir.

BillyShears said:
Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:

Maybe I just need reminding of that.

Doesn't a small part of you make you think that there is something more fundamental wrong? You've been blaming Mancini for City's decline. There is an alternative explanation.... the players just don't have it in them now they've won the League, and both scenarios are possible.

There are plenty of examples of teams that have won 1 title and then faded away

I'm just putting it out there so that someone can convince me otherwise.

I wont be convinced until I see what happens in the next 2 games

bondsman said:
BillyShears said:
Marvin said:

It wasn't just the loss it was the manner of it. Shite performance by players. Shite team selection, shite half time talk and shite subs all by manager. Newcastle were shit and we were no where near the level we were at when we were on song under Mancini. Pellegrini has had everything his own way. I've seen sod all to suggest he is some tactical genius or master motivator.

You're right ... they're all shite. The only person who really knew what was going on is poor unemployed Bobby.

I can see this thread is developing a theme ... :)

grim up north said:
Marvin said:
strongbowholic said:

It was Cardiff,s cup final, first game back they would have been up for that against anybody

Oh well if they were up for it that's okay then. Ffs spurs beat palace last week and palace were up for it. Don't make shit excuses

this should tell us if mp can lay the law down and throw the odd thing lying around. think what bothered me was he seem clueless after the 3rd went in, slumped in chair resigned to out fate. i watched throughout saying to my boy he isnt as animated as rm, not dissing the guy as 2 swallows dont make a summer, like i said on here yesterday malky either park the bus or flood midfield, was a bit of both really

but if the guy is as good as they/we say, there should be one hell of a turn around,.
aeotd as i explained to my boy, welcome to the life of a city fan, expect the 1st grey hair around 26yrs old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.