Discuss Pellegrini

welsh_andy said:
this should tell us if mp can lay the law down and throw the odd thing lying around. think what bothered me was he seem clueless after the 3rd went in, slumped in chair resigned to out fate. i watched throughout saying to my boy he isnt as animated as rm, not dissing the guy as 2 swallows dont make a summer, like i said on here yesterday malky either park the bus or flood midfield, was a bit of both really

but if the guy is as good as they/we say, there should be one hell of a turn around,.
aeotd as i explained to my boy, welcome to the life of a city fan, expect the 1st grey hair around 26yrs old.
tbf, it was the 87th minute.

I'm just going to ask knowing I will get blasted...

We were told he is a master tactician yet today it appeared he was "out tactic'd". Should this concern us?

basokla said:

We were told he is a master tactician yet today it appeared he was "out tactic'd". Should this concern us?
Well ..yes but its his first season ....he needs to do his homework

chicagoblues said:
basokla said:

Fair enough. So did he not do his homework for today? In other words did he take them too "lightly"?

And understand I think today's "fail" was a group effort.

basokla said:
chicagoblues said:
basokla said:

Fair enough. So did he not do his homework for today? In other words did he take them too "lightly"?

And understand I think today's "fail" was a group effort.
Partly its his fault for not preparing the team and partly its the Super Stars on the pitch

basokla said:

yes it should concern anyone. the transfer window hasn't closed so we should be looking at two more quality purchases in defense. People on here with no real knowledge slagged RM, but are strangely quiet after this tactical cock up. We are as a squad and team , no where near as go as we think we are.

Blue2112 said:
It still wrecks my head that after clinching the title in such an amazing fashion and grabbing the attention of the whole world we then threw away our greatest opportunity of taking giant strides forwards by not immediately going out and signing three or four top drawer players and putting a marker down on a major scale. That single decision to not throw down the gauntlet may prove to be a watershed moment in our clubs most recent history and arguably has seen us go backwards or stand still at the very least since. Such a golden opportunity wasted.

Tend to agree Josh. We missed a huge opportunity. Instead of being top dogs other clubs have found a way back into the mix such is the lure of Champs league. Clubs like spurs with their unbelievable luck of finding a 95 million player to sell and fund a great squad, Rodgers creating an exciting new Liverpool, Mourinho returning, Arsenal with their 100 mill budget and Gollum seemingly stepping into baconfaces shoes without any difficulty. We have made some great signings just hope they are enough to keep us competitive at the summit.

Too many people blame the players for what happened today. However, the primary fault lies with the coach. Tactically, we were poor and just didn't know what the heck to do with the ball. Dzeko's goal came out of nowhere and the only chance created the entire game was the one from which Negredo scored. Cardiff could have been 2 up at the half...

I don't understand our substitutions and I don't get Garcia over Boyata either. One other thing I don't like is that coach seems to favor latin American/ Spanish players over others, perhaps based on chemistry he has with them. If that happens to be the case, we are doomed in the long run. I hope I am wrong.

Matt.D said:
I expect us to beat Cardiff City and there is no doubt we should be doing, but how some of you can judge Pellegrinis management style after 2 games is beyond me.
I agree, but perhaps the negativity is just a reaction to the many posters who were judging his management style after 1 game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.