Discuss Pellegrini

Damocles said:
teddykgb said:
thenabster said:
Yes, especially if the manager of the slow backline doesn't react to impending doom.

React how? He's already playing people out of position there. Should he have birthed a fast, PL level CB this week and raised it quickly?

I just don't see what you expected.

Should have got his boots on, the lazy ****. Anything less isn't good enough

Peter Reid would have!!

Cardiff won't play like that many times this season. They were playing at home for the first time in the Premier League against a side that is expensively assembled and they had an extra point to prove.

The game, in some ways, is an isolated case because of the circumstances so I don't think that this is the game to judge Pellegrini on.

Should we have won? Probably. Tactically, we weren't inferior, look at the stats, they would suggest that the gameplan was right, it was just poor judgement from the players that were on the pitch - some of whom he had no choice but to field.

Give it 5 more games and then it will be less knee-jerk.

xirtarg said:
Cardiff won't play like that many times this season. They were playing at home for the first time in the Premier League against a side that is expensively assembled and they had an extra point to prove.

The game, in some ways, is an isolated case because of the circumstances so I don't think that this is the game to judge Pellegrini on.

Should we have won? Probably. Tactically, we weren't inferior, look at the stats, they would suggest that the gameplan was right, it was just poor judgement from the players that were on the pitch - some of whom he had no choice but to field.

Give it 5 more games and then it will be less knee-jerk.

it's alright come when we win a trophy people will look back and laugh about today....... football fans are fickle like that!!

I don't think anyone should judge MP after one game, but it's right that one or two questions need to be asked. Why has MP changed the way that we defend, high line and man to man at set pieces. For the last 3 years we've had the best defence in the league. If its not broke dont try and fix it. It was a good platform to build on.

The treatment of Gareth Barry is nothing short of a disgrace. A good, solid pro who has given 100% whenever he has played for us. Genuinely think he is worthy of a place in our best 11, selfless in the way he protects the back 4.

My biggest worry for MP is that if it doesn't look like progress is being made I can see the Mancini chants returning - but that's a different matter altogether.

Final point - thought MP's substitutions yesterday were terrible. Navas should have stayed on and been told to hog the touch line.

blue ranger said:
I don't think anyone should judge MP after one game, but it's right that one or two questions need to be asked. Why has MP changed the way that we defend, high line and man to man at set pieces. For the last 3 years we've had the best defence in the league. If its not broke dont try and fix it. It was a good platform to build on.

The treatment of Gareth Barry is nothing short of a disgrace. A good, solid pro who has given 100% whenever he has played for us. Genuinely think he is worthy of a place in our best 11, selfless in the way he protects the back 4.

My biggest worry for MP is that if it doesn't look like progress is being made I can see the Mancini chants returning - but that's a different matter altogether.

Final point - thought MP's substitutions yesterday were terrible. Navas should have stayed on and been told to hog the touch line.

We dont have a pair of centre backs that can deal woth a high line - Vinny is the only one whom can play such a tactic.

Chelski under AVB defended with a high line and got picked off - that Romanian chap or whatever he is called changed that to suit the players and they won the CL

Sorry but if this silly fuckers tries to adapt a style of play we simply dont have the players to play then someone needs to give hm a slap

blue ranger said:

Agreed 100%

Chippy_boy said:
Ducado said:
cleavers said:
Sadly with this group of players it was anything but a "freak result" it was one you could see coming right from kick off, just as we had seen with the previous manager. The common denominator was the players, well 11 of the 14 used anyway.
Fair point but having seen it with his own eyes it's up to him to make sure it dose not happen again

Which takes our little debate full circle back to where I started: I hope Pellers does write it off as being a freak result and one that therefore needs no changes to be made. He will be sadly disappointed by the repeat at Stoke if he falls into that trap.
Did you mean doesn't ?

If he does treat it as a "freak" he will find that "freak" is more common than he thought. Hopefully hughes will have failed to learn lessons about how to play us, and will try to get his stoke team to be open and attacking, but its possible he may finally have learned something, in which case expect a more pullis type of game, and another struggle.

dctid said:
blue ranger said:

We dont have a pair of centre backs that can deal woth a high line - Vinny is the only one whom can play such a tactic.

Chelski under AVB defended with a high line and got picked off - that Romanian chap or whatever he is called changed that to suit the players and they won the CL

Sorry but if this silly fuckers tries to adapt a style of play we simply dont have the players to play then someone needs to give hm a slap

The "silly fucker" was let down by Hart and our defence.

Mancini never learned from his mistakes. Like he knew exactly what will be the tactics of Wigan in the final as we played them in the league 3 weeks ago that and we suffered a lot.
And then he lost the final of course.

Same can be said against CL opponents he made the same mistakes, costing us hugely important CL qualification.

Also same can be said vs. Everton, Sunderland, Stoke away matches. He played against them away from home about 10 times won zero times in the league.

Lets see does Pellegrini learn faster or not. Next few away matches will be a great test for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.