Discuss Pellegrini

The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
Fucking hell, is this really how we're going to go on? Pellegrini being slagged off by Inners, Mancini being slagged off by Outers. I knew it was inevitable on a small-scale level. After all, there are some absolute numpties who refused to support Mancini because they supported Hughes, they were just very few in number. But fook me, really, this is how this forum's going to be from now on after every result? Good result = Outers scoring points. Bad result = Inners scoring points. Get over yourselves and support the club not your fucking egos.
Good post skas
Unfortunately like ducado said it started last week with some point scoring
And as you say it was inevitable it was going to go the other way after a poor display

I think we all just need to get behind the new gaffer.

+3.
All the main forum consists of nowadays is tit-for-tat stupidity, post-match navel gazing and playing the blame game.
Resurrecting old feuds just to prove some arcane point or other.
It's Groundhog Day, Bluemoon style, and it is beyond boring.

waspish said:
We played against a very difficult team," Pellegrini said, "they had ten players near their own box in the first-half and it was difficult for us to try to score.

For him to not know how teams will set up and play against us is worrying, lets hope he can sort it out he needs to Learn quickly because 90% of teams will play like this against us!

Indeed so. And we scored 2 away goals, so what's his problem.

I would have been far happier if he had said "we defended like cretins".

Pigeonho said:
wayne71 said:
Pigeonho said:
You're basing that on what, 2 games? There's EVERY chance he could match mancini's trophy haul in 1 season. We are in for 4 after all. Who knows?

No mate, I'm basing it on his trophyless previous 10 years in Europe.
FFS.

Well he can hardly be described as a "winner" can he? The only comparison I could draw would be of that when Wenger first landed at the Gooners
Mou, Baconchops,Bob, Carlo, - he doesn´t have what they all had - a CV bursting with achievements. They all knew HOW to win. MP isn´t in the same league imho
Time will tell

Ducado said:
cleavers said:
Ducado said:
It was a freak result I am sure he will earn his corn now he has seen the team perform
Sadly with this group of players it was anything but a "freak result" it was one you could see coming right from kick off, just as we had seen with the previous manager. The common denominator was the players, well 11 of the 14 used anyway.
Fair point but having seen it with his own eyes it's up to him to make sure it dose not happen again

Which takes our little debate full circle back to where I started: I hope Pellers does write it off as being a freak result and one that therefore needs no changes to be made. He will be sadly disappointed by the repeat at Stoke if he falls into that trap.

Without being kneejerk yesterday was a fucking joke. IMHO Bellamy had an impact on the result but we looked pedestrian anyway. Truth is we should have battered Cardiff. We looked like the city of last season, start from the back and no bite. No end product. Was ridiculous. Knives not out yet but we really have to improve on that performance.

(Only read the first page so far)

Chippy_boy said:
The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
Fucking hell, is this really how we're going to go on? Pellegrini being slagged off by Inners, Mancini being slagged off by Outers. I knew it was inevitable on a small-scale level. After all, there are some absolute numpties who refused to support Mancini because they supported Hughes, they were just very few in number. But fook me, really, this is how this forum's going to be from now on after every result? Good result = Outers scoring points. Bad result = Inners scoring points. Get over yourselves and support the club not your fucking egos.
Good post skas
And as you say it was inevitable it was going to go the other way after a poor display

The inner- outer point scoring is all noise though, and irrelevant noise at that. Most people - the vast majority of people - have accepted that Pellegrini is our manager and will support him and the team through thick and thin, whether they wanted him here or not.

But that doesn't mean we can't have a moan when our fabulous players - our fabulous team in fact - play like Grove United and get their arses handed to them. I don't want to see a performance like that ever again.

I'm with you there mate
By all means have a go at the players,they deserve it after that fucking shambolic performance

mike channon´s windmill said:
Pigeonho said:
wayne71 said:
No mate, I'm basing it on his trophyless previous 10 years in Europe.
FFS.

Well he can hardly be described as a "winner" can he? The only comparison I could draw would be of that when Wenger first landed at the Gooners
Mou, Baconchops,Bob, Carlo, - he doesn´t have what they all had - a CV bursting with achievements. They all knew HOW to win. MP isn´t in the same league imho
Time will tell
Your just turning into a mirror of Dismal waiting for a result to prove your point

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
Good post skas

+3.
All the main forum consists of nowadays is tit-for-tat stupidity, post-match navel gazing and playing the blame game.
Resurrecting old feuds just to prove some arcane point or other.
It's Groundhog Day, Bluemoon style, and it is beyond boring.
Have to agree

At least now he knows what he is up against with this group of players. No urgency or pace, complacently believing they could walk the ball into the net. Poor performances from key individuals. Same as last season at Sunderland, Southampton, west ham etc.

thenabster said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Damocles said:

^^ THIS ^^

That's BS. We are playing for the title not for the top half. If you play for the title there are only a certain number of defeats you can afford and if we lose away at Cardiff what will happen when we're playing away at Old Trafford or at Chelsea. Why are the players allowed to be blamed but not the manager?

Didn't United lose away to Norwich last season yet still beat us at home? ?

Just because we got beat by Cardiff yesterday doesn't mean we lack the ability to beat anyone away from home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.