Discuss Pellegrini

thenabster said:
I feel we and everyone is getting caught with his gentlemen etiquette. He seems to be a nice guy and there is no drama in the team which I like however it may be a problem if he's too nice and we don't analyze his shortcomings. Today, Pellegrini got tactically destroyed by Malkay Mackay. I mean Malkay ripped him apart. He knew that MP was going to use Garcia and Lescott in defense that were out of sync and slow, so instead of playing Cornelius he plays a fast striker who created havoc in the defense. Also he knew that MP wasn't going to use a holding midfielder but two midfielders who preferred to attack, so Mackay filled his midfield with fast and strong midfielders who were going to but our midfield on the backheel. Plus MP didn't even react to the troubles.

Cardiff is not a better team than us and the players may have under performed but this result also hinges on the manager because tactically he failed today.

I like MP but I'm worried about his gentlemen etiquette. He rarely wins against strong managers, I feel like when we meet the Mourinhos, AVB, Rodgers etc MP will keep on getting tactically outmaneuvered. One thing Mancini had that MP doesn't seem to have was that Mancini was very emotional and vocal, that's why even though the players didn't like him when we were losing 2-0 at half time or something, Mancini would scream the shit out of players to overturn the deficit. I feel like today when Cardiff scored, MP just kept on chilling on his bench. MP is going to have to switch on his inner cockiness.

I think we should also start discussing about him because we can't just blame the players all the time.

Football fuckin genius.

Lucky13 said:
dctid said:
blue ranger said:
I don't think anyone should judge MP after one game, but it's right that one or two questions need to be asked. Why has MP changed the way that we defend, high line and man to man at set pieces. For the last 3 years we've had the best defence in the league. If its not broke dont try and fix it. It was a good platform to build on.

The treatment of Gareth Barry is nothing short of a disgrace. A good, solid pro who has given 100% whenever he has played for us. Genuinely think he is worthy of a place in our best 11, selfless in the way he protects the back 4.

My biggest worry for MP is that if it doesn't look like progress is being made I can see the Mancini chants returning - but that's a different matter altogether.

Final point - thought MP's substitutions yesterday were terrible. Navas should have stayed on and been told to hog the touch line.

We dont have a pair of centre backs that can deal woth a high line - Vinny is the only one whom can play such a tactic.

Chelski under AVB defended with a high line and got picked off - that Romanian chap or whatever he is called changed that to suit the players and they won the CL

Sorry but if this silly fuckers tries to adapt a style of play we simply dont have the players to play then someone needs to give hm a slap

The "silly fucker" was let down by Hart and our defence.

He has been let down by the club as well, really. He highlighted the need for another centre half about a month ago and we still haven't got one. It was all well and good the club getting a couple of forwards, a winger and a holding midfielder (who doesn't appear to hold) bought quickly but the fact is that we have 3 genuine, reasonably experienced centre backs at the club, Chelsea have 4 and united have 5. I have read all summer in the transfer forum how apparently Garcia and Richards are adequate back up but they aren't, Richars is always injured and Garcia is poor in his proper position so is never going to be good enough out of position. Having said that, imo once Pellegrini had decided to pick the slowest central defensive pairing in world football, he should have adapted the defensive tactics, horses for courses and all that. But even if he had, the sad fact is that as soon as Kompany is out, we have nobody who can organise and lead the defence and if we don't rectify that quickly then we have no chance of the title unless Kompany plays in pretty much every league match from now on.

Benarbia said:
Wasn't that impressed with his post match interview

Was it this one?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23832943" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23832943</a>

(the video)

Well I think we need a beast in defence, someone from the kompany mould. And a top class goalie to rival hart as he's got far far too complacent. Wouldn't surprise me if he sees his arse and pushes for a move but I'm past giving a poo with him

What worries me is that other clubs will have watched, learned and noted.
We can expect more of the same, esp. in away games, so we'd better get this defence sorted a.s.a.p.
And don't feed me that "best defence 3 years running" crap. This is now, not then.

Big Swifty said:
What worries me is that other clubs will have watched, learned and noted.
We can expect more of the same, esp. in away games, so we'd better get this defence sorted a.s.a.p.
And don't feed me that "best defence 3 years running" crap. This is now, not then.
Good, then he will work on other tactics those who never fail never learn

blue ranger said:
I don't think anyone should judge MP after one game, but it's right that one or two questions need to be asked. Why has MP changed the way that we defend, high line and man to man at set pieces. For the last 3 years we've had the best defence in the league. If its not broke dont try and fix it. It was a good platform to build on.

The treatment of Gareth Barry is nothing short of a disgrace. A good, solid pro who has given 100% whenever he has played for us. Genuinely think he is worthy of a place in our best 11, selfless in the way he protects the back 4.

My biggest worry for MP is that if it doesn't look like progress is being made I can see the Mancini chants returning - but that's a different matter altogether.

Final point - thought MP's substitutions yesterday were terrible. Navas should have stayed on and been told to hog the touch line.

Pellegrini has been brought in to do it his way and by being more attacking it will inevitably leave more space for teams to exploit at the back. If having a good defence was our prime target then Mancini would never have been sacked.

Barry is still picking up a huge wage a week so it is hard to feel sorry for him. Also Barry knows the score, part of football is progressing when we signed him he took someones place and signing Fernandinho means he has lost his place. It is just part of the game.

It's funny because I remember that documentary with Pellegrini where he said that during the week the manager has an 80% responsibility but during the match its the players who have 80% responsibility. Many people agreed with what he said and yesterdays performance suggests that Pellegrini got it right.

We dominated possession, scored two goals and created a lot of chances however we were let down by 3 individual mistakes. Zaba, Yaya, Hart and Clichy were all responsible for Cardiff's goals yesterday. Any City fan has to acknowledge that under yesterdays circumstances they were our best available players for their positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.