Discuss Pellegrini

Kazzydeyna said:
Back after my ban (for what I genuinely do not know), with my two pennarth.

Under ordinary circumstances I would be one of those posters screaming in frustration that we are even having a discussion about a new manager after only two games in charge, but sadly these are not ordinary circumstances.

Forget the Mancini in or out bollocks, we have to look at facts here.

RM was sacked, unceremoniously and disgustingly, by our two Spanish leaders last may. There have been numerous reasons surmised about, but I think we can all agree that the central theme of their reasoning was that RM was not seen as being inclusive enough around the club. We all know the famous tale of how he didn't make a point every morning of searching out the kitman's 24th in command to discuss last nights coronation street etc.

For me, the job of a football manager is primarily to be successful. I don't really care if he is a nice guy or not, and neither should anyone else.

I think the issue here is that these two Spanish fellas have put Pelli under enormous pressure unnecessarily.

If, after a dozen games or so, we are not top or at least within a point or two at most of top, the pressure will crank up on him even more. And that's wrong.

The results this season, and the Manner of them home AND away, are a direct pointer to the effectiveness of these two Barça boys. Win the league, or come close, progress in ECL, playing great attacking football all over Europe and they've done the minimum required of them.

Fail to win the league, and fail to progress to the latter stages in Europe and it isn't just pelligrini that should be sacked, it is the two Spanish supremos.

For me, if we get to the end of September and aren't ripping up trees I would want these two gone. That is the price they may have to pay for replacing the best manager many of us have ever seen at city, because he "wasn't good enough". That's the thing you see. When you do that YOUR replacement has to be beyond criticism.

That's how I see it. Its the Spanish duo who should be under the spotlight.
I still think we will be ok in terms of a title challenge, still not sure about the cl.

CTID_BRINNYBLUE said:
For me his face just does not fit in for some reason

if it don't work out for pellers, let's do a chelsea/mourinho and get Mancini back.

Bobby knows the squad already and would waste no time in getting us back to where we belong.

Fuck off you rag ****! You're not clever enough to be a blue.

Shouldn't you be at the match?

great, so after every disappointing result the mancini diehards will be on here slating our current manager and executives.

awesome! can't wait.

phil31 said:
Kazzydeyna said:
Back after my ban (for what I genuinely do not know), with my two pennarth.

Under ordinary circumstances I would be one of those posters screaming in frustration that we are even having a discussion about a new manager after only two games in charge, but sadly these are not ordinary circumstances.

Forget the Mancini in or out bollocks, we have to look at facts here.

RM was sacked, unceremoniously and disgustingly, by our two Spanish leaders last may. There have been numerous reasons surmised about, but I think we can all agree that the central theme of their reasoning was that RM was not seen as being inclusive enough around the club. We all know the famous tale of how he didn't make a point every morning of searching out the kitman's 24th in command to discuss last nights coronation street etc.

For me, the job of a football manager is primarily to be successful. I don't really care if he is a nice guy or not, and neither should anyone else.

I think the issue here is that these two Spanish fellas have put Pelli under enormous pressure unnecessarily.

If, after a dozen games or so, we are not top or at least within a point or two at most of top, the pressure will crank up on him even more. And that's wrong.

The results this season, and the Manner of them home AND away, are a direct pointer to the effectiveness of these two Barça boys. Win the league, or come close, progress in ECL, playing great attacking football all over Europe and they've done the minimum required of them.

Fail to win the league, and fail to progress to the latter stages in Europe and it isn't just pelligrini that should be sacked, it is the two Spanish supremos.

For me, if we get to the end of September and aren't ripping up trees I would want these two gone. That is the price they may have to pay for replacing the best manager many of us have ever seen at city, because he "wasn't good enough". That's the thing you see. When you do that YOUR replacement has to be beyond criticism.

That's how I see it. Its the Spanish duo who should be under the spotlight.
I still think we will be ok in terms of a title challenge, still not sure about the cl.

And under the spotlight they are. This is their manager. This is their transfer window. This season is down to them.
No excuses. Lets just hope they are as good as 'The Cabal' have made them out to be.

andrewmswift said:
great, so after every disappointing result the mancini diehards will be on here slating our current manager and executives.

awesome! can't wait.
*shrug* So it's a flip of last season, yes?

andrewmswift said:

awesome! can't wait.

I certainly won't be on here after every disappointing result, but if we don't show significant improvement this season I most certainly WILL be wanting the two Spanish executives to be summarily dismissed. And to be honest, how do you significantly improve on 3 trophies and 2 runners up in 3 seasons? Not to mention seeing some of the best football any of us have ever seen a city side produce?

Oh that's right, it's more importantly that the tea ladies and gentleman sock washers like you isn't it?

Early days yet, and every chance we'll be competing for the title all season, but if god forbid it doesn't work and it turns out some of our players are actually billy big bollocks lazy bastards (I'm looking at joe hart, yaya, clichy, and nasri) then the next change should be at executive level as the club will have regressed to Hughes level mediocrity.

And that WILL be their fault.

Kazzydeyna said:

Ha, ha, ha. No manager will ever be beyond criticism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.