Discuss Pellegrini

TGR said:
phil31 said:
Kazzydeyna said:
Back after my ban (for what I genuinely do not know), with my two pennarth.

Under ordinary circumstances I would be one of those posters screaming in frustration that we are even having a discussion about a new manager after only two games in charge, but sadly these are not ordinary circumstances.

Forget the Mancini in or out bollocks, we have to look at facts here.

RM was sacked, unceremoniously and disgustingly, by our two Spanish leaders last may. There have been numerous reasons surmised about, but I think we can all agree that the central theme of their reasoning was that RM was not seen as being inclusive enough around the club. We all know the famous tale of how he didn't make a point every morning of searching out the kitman's 24th in command to discuss last nights coronation street etc.

For me, the job of a football manager is primarily to be successful. I don't really care if he is a nice guy or not, and neither should anyone else.

I think the issue here is that these two Spanish fellas have put Pelli under enormous pressure unnecessarily.

If, after a dozen games or so, we are not top or at least within a point or two at most of top, the pressure will crank up on him even more. And that's wrong.

The results this season, and the Manner of them home AND away, are a direct pointer to the effectiveness of these two Barça boys. Win the league, or come close, progress in ECL, playing great attacking football all over Europe and they've done the minimum required of them.

Fail to win the league, and fail to progress to the latter stages in Europe and it isn't just pelligrini that should be sacked, it is the two Spanish supremos.

For me, if we get to the end of September and aren't ripping up trees I would want these two gone. That is the price they may have to pay for replacing the best manager many of us have ever seen at city, because he "wasn't good enough". That's the thing you see. When you do that YOUR replacement has to be beyond criticism.

That's how I see it. Its the Spanish duo who should be under the spotlight.
I still think we will be ok in terms of a title challenge, still not sure about the cl.

And under the spotlight they are. This is their manager. This is their transfer window. This season is down to them.
No excuses. Lets just hope they are as good as 'The Cabal' have made them out to be.

Do you know how bitter you sound?

Finishing 3rd, getting to the quarters of CL, a cup win and breaking even or making a profit on top of playing exciting attacking football would be a very good season. So going on as if winning the league is the be all and end all isn't.

Also do you remember how Mancini got the job in the first place? He had no problem in accepting Hughes' job so he was fully aware of the cutthroat business football management is. Whether he was rightly or wrongly sacked doesn't matter anymore. The board decided that change was needed so we all need to trust their judgement.

It is going to take time for Pellegrini to get his methods across and due to his style we will lose more games under him than under Mancini. However I also reckon we will win more under Pellegrini. Noone can deny Mancini's excellent defensive record however his failure to unlock compact defences caused us too many draws throughout his tenure. Despite losing to Cardiff yesterday we still scored 2 very good goals and the only reason we lost the game was the loss of our two first choice CB's.

On paper we have had a slightly bad start to the season but when you add the loss of two key defenders and that we at least seem to be scoring against compact defences there is a lot of reason for optimism. Defensive mistakes will be coached out and I would rather make mistakes early in the season against the likes of Cardiff. Than later in the season against a bigger team when it could be costly.

andrewmswift said:
great, so after every disappointing result the mancini diehards will be on here slating our current manager and executives.

awesome! can't wait.

Not true. I was a 100% Mancini 'inner' however as one the 'more mature' posters on here I am completely at home with MCFC sacking their manager for any reason and also for no good reason whatsoever (Tony Book being a very good example). However the incumbent will always get my full and total support and it will be the same for all true Blues.

thenabster said:
I feel we and everyone is getting caught with his gentlemen etiquette. He seems to be a nice guy and there is no drama in the team which I like however it may be a problem if he's too nice and we don't analyze his shortcomings. Today, Pellegrini got tactically destroyed by Malkay Mackay. I mean Malkay ripped him apart. He knew that MP was going to use Garcia and Lescott in defense that were out of sync and slow, so instead of playing Cornelius he plays a fast striker who created havoc in the defense. Also he knew that MP wasn't going to use a holding midfielder but two midfielders who preferred to attack, so Mackay filled his midfield with fast and strong midfielders who were going to but our midfield on the backheel. Plus MP didn't even react to the troubles.

Cardiff is not a better team than us and the players may have under performed but this result also hinges on the manager because tactically he failed today.

I like MP but I'm worried about his gentlemen etiquette. He rarely wins against strong managers, I feel like when we meet the Mourinhos, AVB, Rodgers etc MP will keep on getting tactically outmaneuvered. One thing Mancini had that MP doesn't seem to have was that Mancini was very emotional and vocal, that's why even though the players didn't like him when we were losing 2-0 at half time or something, Mancini would scream the shit out of players to overturn the deficit. I feel like today when Cardiff scored, MP just kept on chilling on his bench. MP is going to have to switch on his inner cockiness.

I think we should also start discussing about him because we can't just blame the players all the time.
FORZA MANCINI

city91 said:
TGR said:
phil31 said:
I still think we will be ok in terms of a title challenge, still not sure about the cl.

And under the spotlight they are. This is their manager. This is their transfer window. This season is down to them.
No excuses. Lets just hope they are as good as 'The Cabal' have made them out to be.

Finishing 3rd, getting to the quarters of CL, a cup win and breaking even or making a profit on top of playing exciting attacking football would be a very good season. So going on as if winning the league is the be all and end all isn't.

Also do you remember how Mancini got the job in the first place? He had no problem in accepting Hughes' job so he was fully aware of the cutthroat business football management is. Whether he was rightly or wrongly sacked doesn't matter anymore. The board decided that change was needed so we all need to trust their judgement.

It is going to take time for Pellegrini to get his methods across and due to his style we will lose more games under him than under Mancini. However I also reckon we will win more under Pellegrini. Noone can deny Mancini's excellent defensive record however his failure to unlock compact defences caused us too many draws throughout his tenure. Despite losing to Cardiff yesterday we still scored 2 very good goals and the only reason we lost the game was the loss of our two first choice CB's.

On paper we have had a slightly bad start to the season but when you add the loss of two key defenders and that we at least seem to be scoring against compact defences there is a lot of reason for optimism. Defensive mistakes will be coached out and I would rather make mistakes early in the season against the likes of Cardiff. Than later in the season against a bigger team when it could be costly.

Finishing 3rd in this poxy league is a massive regression. Pellegrini and his Spanish masters have a lot to prove this season. We have bought some good players, why should we settle for 3rd. We need to spend money on a CB asap.
You cant keep blaming injuries. What happens next, Kompany returns and Silva and Aguero get injured and the goals dry up. We have a squad that is second to none on paper, its how much they want to play for city and win trophies. Lescott and Hart should be doing adverts/clothing labels after there playing days, f"£$%^&g idiots.

city91 said:
TGR said:
phil31 said:

I tend to agree with TGR's sentiment. I was happy with Mancini and given the reasons for and manner of the sacking I expect to continue where we left of as a minimum.......I'll support the new manager but its already been stated that we have high expectations...5 trophies in 2/3 seasons, so the Cardiff loss was not only a surprise but kind of made me feel that we haven't really improved....I wait for realisation to dawn and for pelle to blow me away with his man management and tactical nous.....I'll give him as long as he needs, this is my club after all and mangers are transient but unless we have moved on in footballing terms the change doesn't make any sense to me.

city91 said:
TGR said:
phil31 said:

Please read my post again. Then maybe, just maybe you will understand. Post in haste and repent at leisure.

TGR said:
city91 said:
TGR said:

Please read my post again. Then maybe, just maybe you will understand. Post in haste and repent at leisure.

I meant it in regards to KazzyDenya's post and I accidentally misquoted yours. I apologise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.