Discuss Pellegrini

city91 said:
TGR said:
city91 said:
Do you know how bitter you sound?

Finishing 3rd, getting to the quarters of CL, a cup win and breaking even or making a profit on top of playing exciting attacking football would be a very good season. So going on as if winning the league is the be all and end all isn't.

Also do you remember how Mancini got the job in the first place? He had no problem in accepting Hughes' job so he was fully aware of the cutthroat business football management is. Whether he was rightly or wrongly sacked doesn't matter anymore. The board decided that change was needed so we all need to trust their judgement.

It is going to take time for Pellegrini to get his methods across and due to his style we will lose more games under him than under Mancini. However I also reckon we will win more under Pellegrini. Noone can deny Mancini's excellent defensive record however his failure to unlock compact defences caused us too many draws throughout his tenure. Despite losing to Cardiff yesterday we still scored 2 very good goals and the only reason we lost the game was the loss of our two first choice CB's.

On paper we have had a slightly bad start to the season but when you add the loss of two key defenders and that we at least seem to be scoring against compact defences there is a lot of reason for optimism. Defensive mistakes will be coached out and I would rather make mistakes early in the season against the likes of Cardiff. Than later in the season against a bigger team when it could be costly.

Please read my post again. Then maybe, just maybe you will understand. Post in haste and repent at leisure.

I meant it in regards to KazzyDenya's post and I accidentally misquoted yours. I apologise.

Apology more than accepted. We all want what is best for our team and club. Lets just chill. :-)

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
city91 said:
TGR said:
And under the spotlight they are. This is their manager. This is their transfer window. This season is down to them.
No excuses. Lets just hope they are as good as 'The Cabal' have made them out to be.

Finishing 3rd, getting to the quarters of CL, a cup win and breaking even or making a profit on top of playing exciting attacking football would be a very good season. So going on as if winning the league is the be all and end all isn't.

Also do you remember how Mancini got the job in the first place? He had no problem in accepting Hughes' job so he was fully aware of the cutthroat business football management is. Whether he was rightly or wrongly sacked doesn't matter anymore. The board decided that change was needed so we all need to trust their judgement.

It is going to take time for Pellegrini to get his methods across and due to his style we will lose more games under him than under Mancini. However I also reckon we will win more under Pellegrini. Noone can deny Mancini's excellent defensive record however his failure to unlock compact defences caused us too many draws throughout his tenure. Despite losing to Cardiff yesterday we still scored 2 very good goals and the only reason we lost the game was the loss of our two first choice CB's.

On paper we have had a slightly bad start to the season but when you add the loss of two key defenders and that we at least seem to be scoring against compact defences there is a lot of reason for optimism. Defensive mistakes will be coached out and I would rather make mistakes early in the season against the likes of Cardiff. Than later in the season against a bigger team when it could be costly.

I tend to agree with TGR's sentiment. I was happy with Mancini and given the reasons for and manner of the sacking I expect to continue where we left of as a minimum.......I'll support the new manager but its already been stated that we have high expectations...5 trophies in 2/3 seasons, so the Cardiff loss was not only a surprise but kind of made me feel that we haven't really improved....I wait for realisation to dawn and for pelle to blow me away with his man management and tactical nous.....I'll give him as long as he needs, this is my club after all and mangers are transient but unless we have moved on in footballing terms the change doesn't make any sense to me.

I think a lot of fans has seen what Mancini has achieved and now expect it to be the minimum any manager should achieve. I think a lot of people fail to realise that to get where we are we have used an unsustainable spending approach and cannot afford to splash the money we have done every season.

Realistically 2 trophies and a league title in 3 seasons from Pellers would be excellent and if he can get us playing to the latter stages of the CL then even better. The way I interpreted the 'Holistic' approach was to get a footballing identity at the club and play good attractive football from youth team level to the first team. I still believe Pellegrini is the man to take us forward and lead us on our way to long term sustainability.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 pm --<br /><br />
TGR said:
city91 said:
TGR said:
Please read my post again. Then maybe, just maybe you will understand. Post in haste and repent at leisure.

I meant it in regards to KazzyDenya's post and I accidentally misquoted yours. I apologise.

Apology more than accepted. We all want what is best for our team and club. Lets just chill. :-)

Totally agree mate. The fact that there is a thread discussing our managers credentials after two league games is bad enough.

city91 said:
TGR said:
city91 said:

If being disappointed at going from 1st/2nd to 3rd, albeit with progression past the group stage of the champs league makes me bitter than you can happily call me Bertie all night long.

The facts are that with ferguson retiring, a £100m spend on players, and a Chelsea also in transition , I believe we should be winning the league this year or at least going painfully close.
I still think we might, and if so then we'll all be happy obviously.

If not though, I expect to see the Spanish duo replaced forthwith, taking pelligrini with them, and the club moving heaven and earth to get in a manager proven at being successful in this league.

T be fair though, as TGR says we ALL want the same thing, despite our different views, so lets agree to disagree and believe me if you quote me in may and make me look a dick there'll be nobody happier than me!

Kazzydeyna said:
city91 said:
TGR said:

If being disappointed at going from 1st/2nd to 3rd, albeit with progression past the group stage of the champs league makes me bitter than you can happily call me Bertie all night long.

The facts are that with ferguson retiring, a £100m spend on players, and a Chelsea also in transition , I believe we should be winning the league this year or at least going painfully close.

If not though, I expect to see the Spanish duo replaced forthwith, taking pelligrini with them, and the club moving heaven and earth to get in a manager proven at being successful in this league.

T be fair though, as TGR says we ALL want the same thing, despite our different views, so lets agree to disagree and believe me if you quote me in may and make me look a dick there'll be nobody happier than me!

The only managers successful in this league are Mourinho, Bacon, Wenger and Mancini......

What do we do?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kazzydeyna said:
city91 said:

The only managers successful in this league are Mourinho, Bacon, Wenger and Mancini......

What do we do?

Could always bring in Kenny Dalgleish ;)

city91 said:
Kazzydeyna said:

What do we do?

Could always bring in Kenny Dalgleish ;)

Oh yes.... Maybe that's the answer! Lol

Kazzydeyna said:
city91 said:

What do we do?

Hire Carlo Ancelotti. PL winner? Check. FA Cup winner? Check. CL winner? Check. Whats not to like.

baildon blue said:
Pellergrini already getting the chop from some City fans.

Don't be ridiculous. No-one is saying that, and if anyone is, they are not a member of the human race, let alone a city fan.

baildon blue said:
Pellergrini already getting the chop from some City fans.

No. Folks just aren't optimistic given Sunday after the Arse friendly. He will still be given the full season by most - including me - unless he proves to be useless. Though if we fail to beat Hull or Stoke the noise of disquiet will get louder. It will also get very loud if we lose to the rags as well.

If he doesn't win two trophies in the next two seasons he will be toast. Also if we fail to qualify for Europe in any season he will be toast AND most importantly if we don't out of the Champions league group or win a trophy this season he will also probably be fired.

This is what you can deduce from what the chairman said in his end-of-season report: One trophy a year. We are now following the Chelsea root to success - any talk of organic growth is really just bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.