Discuss Pellegrini

samharris said:
BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Yes I wish he was still the manager..I wish the club would have fucked the players off such as hart etc who clearly got him sacked bit they didnt..they sacked Mancini using the holistic bollocks.

Absolutely cringeworthy bollocks. You're pining for a woman who spent a good year fucking around behind your back because you still love her so. Reexamine that shite you've posted and then tell me how you could possibly be "behind" our new manager as you keep saying.

nof409.gif

I'm sorry - you've obviously mistaken me for someone who actually gives a shit. If anything I privately hope St Helen continues with her cringeworthy bollocks about missing Mancini. It's testament to just how close she is to a One Direction fan ... ;)

hgblue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
The cookie monster said:
I'm amazed some posters thought we played well.

The same happened all last season. Seems to me that some people must see dominating possession as playing well.

They certainly do. They need to watch our game at Cardiff and United's game at Swansea for a demonstration of possession meaning absolutely fuck all.

Not entirely. Possession is a desirable goal because possession is control. If we have 70% possession then for 70% of the game we are able to effect the game both offensively and defensively. Mancini wanted us to control and dictate the game every time we played and Pellegrini will want the same.

Possession for possession sake is pointless if you do nothing effective with it and whilst we were laboured against Cardiff we did make the crucial breakthrough and its at this point where we totally veered off the Mancini script and lost control of the game. The problem previously and especially last season was not making the breakthrough and either drawing the game (our real downfall) or losing1-0 to a late goal. Going 1-0 up in the second half was invariably meat & drink to us because the opposing team had spent so much energy in keeping it at 0-0 there was sod all left and now they have to have a go at us and that really played into our hands. Even if they had the energy we were damn good at holding on to what we had. Much is made of our travails on the road but in reality we lost 9 out of 38 on the road over two seasons. It could have been better but only by a factor of a handful of games. Last season drawing games was the issue rather than losing even if everyone jumps up and down with excitement over the Southampton where we had a collective stinker.

Cardiff was different in that we had the possession and made the breakthrough just at the point they were starting to tire. At this point I am celebrating 3 points and hoping Negrado will come on and get his first goal. What happened next still has me stunned and yes even more than bloody Southampton. As an team we do not lose like that. It just doesn't happen. The botched attempt to remove 3 years of zonal drills from what was a makeshift defence was a mistake of epic proportions. Quite why Pellers has gone this route is a fucking mystery. If we had employed Big Sam I'd understand it but as far as I am aware Pellers is not known for man marking at corners. I dimly remember a quote saying he detests man marking (if anyone knows differently then feel free to jump in) so I'm fucking baffled unless its not Pellers making this call.

It is also fairly evident that if you put sod all pressure on the team ie Newcastle then we look good. But then every team looks good if the opposition allows you to do what you want. Come at us and we leak goals. It was obvious in pre season and its obvious after two games. Our defensive setup is now a glaring weakness where previously it was a strength. And its a collective thing. Slagging off Zabs or Garcia is pointless. We defend as a team and attack as a team.

Given Vincent keeps tweeting at the superior nature of Pellegrini's training sessions I look forward to his tweet on Friday that the lads have the new system sorted in time for Hull although even if we haven't I still expect us to twat the Thundercats into the middle of next week.

I think you will find that if we don't get it right this season then it will not just be me who will be feeling a little uncomfortable about the way things went last year and not just me asking for answers.
For the last time Billy and your loverboy Fantasy...I am totally behind Pellers but trying to erase what Mancini did for the club because you simply don't like him or his manner is just pathetic.

One direction. No problem with them from me,my little girl loves them...

How is Paris Billy...

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Tensions are escalating.

morning mate-Only because Shears and Fantasy and the rest of the Cabal are still not accepting that Mancini was a winner. Anyway mate. I really want Pellers to do well. Just got my Stoke away ticket so looking fwd to an improved performance from Sunday.

bluethai said:
Just read Zabaleta's comments after game and got kind of sense that our defence will go back to the Hughes era when me score 3 you score 4.

Trouble is we only got 2 on Sunday. It's a risky game to play.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:
We didn't play anywhere close to our capabilities as far too many seemed happy to coast through the game and not quite match the intensity and desire Cardiff displayed,however,neither were we as bad as some would suggest.

The problem lies squarely with our lack of defensive options,we would not have lost that game with VK on the field.

I'm frustarted that 80m has been spent and our most glaring positional weakness hasn't been addressed as yet.

I am still awaiting your response to my questions.
Lol, who the fuck do you think you are??

Until you stop bringing your love for the previous manager into each of your posts I fear youll continue to be an angry little man and unworthy of discussion.

-- 27 Aug 2013 11:01 --

FantasyIreland said:
We didn't play anywhere close to our capabilities as far too many seemed happy to coast through the game and not quite match the intensity and desire Cardiff displayed,however,neither were we as bad as some would suggest.

The problem lies squarely with our lack of defensive options,we would not have lost that game with VK on the field.

I'm frustarted that 80m has been spent and our most glaring positional weakness hasn't been addressed as yet.

I am still awaiting your response to my questions.
Lol, who the fuck do you think you are??

Until you stop bringing your love for the previous manager into each of your posts I fear youll continue to be an angry little man and unworthy of discussion.

Got it-2 Posts in and you still cannot answer my questions. You keep your lovin going for Shears and hanging on every word he says. I will just make my own judgements on Manuel in time to come.

BillyShears said:
You're pining for a woman who spent a good year fucking around behind your back because you still love her so. Reexamine that shite you've posted and then tell me how you could possibly be "behind" our new manager as you keep saying.
Why would we care? The club were looking around almost from the day he got here. According to Gary James, we looked at Mourinho in the summer of 2010. According to multiple sources, we were looking at Guardiola in the summer of 2012 but Guardiola said he was taking a year out. Why should we expect faithfulness from Mancini that he didn't get from the club? He'd have been a blind idiot not to look elsewhere and consider his options. Or do we just expect him to get shit on over blind loyalty, like an abused wife?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.