Discuss Pellegrini

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:
Just to play devils advocate here but if Jose can return to Chelsea then it's not really impossible to suggest that a certain Italian could prowl the touch line of mcfc once again

Just sayin

And we've reached the bottom of the barrel.

For once i agree. I didn't want him to go but there's no going back.

RandomJ said:
bobmcfc said:
Just to play devils advocate here but if Jose can return to Chelsea then it's not really impossible to suggest that a certain Italian could prowl the touch line of mcfc once again

Just sayin

Can you imagine Dismal Dave's reaction to that?

I have dreamed of it

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

Just sayin

And we've reached the bottom of the barrel.
Not sure you can call MP the bottom of the barrel just yet Billy, give him a chance.

I thought the decision to remove Mancini was the correct one, and when I think back to some of our performances last season on the road, eg at Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, QPR, Swansea, Ajax, Wigan (Wembley) etc, I stand by that assessment, and were he still in charge I don't believe we'd be doing any better than we are now under Pellegrini. Trouble is what we are doing now under Pellegrini is desperately poor, bordering on the clueless. We were crying out for a forward with pace and flair, but didn't buy one, we were crying out for a quality centre half (given Kompany's previous for going down injured with no-one near him), but didn't buy one, and unfortunately we have loaded all our wide options into one basket with Navas, who looks an irredeemable lightweight against disciplined defending. Throw in tactics that don't play to the strengths of the players selected, and it all looks a turgid, one paced, shambles. In all honesty, I don't think we will beat either Plzen or the rags, and if that happens then the pressure will really be on, 6 games in or not........

Bob was a good Manager but his time had come to an end.

Pelle should be judged on his own performances. So far I can't see it and some of his decisions have me scratching my head.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
I thought the decision to remove Mancini was the correct one, and when I think back to some of our performances last season on the road, eg at Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, QPR, Swansea, Ajax, Wigan (Wembley) etc, I stand by that assessment, and were he still in charge I don't believe we'd be doing any better than we are now under Pellegrini. Trouble is what we are doing now under Pellegrini is desperately poor, bordering on the clueless. We were crying out for a forward with pace and flair, but didn't buy one, we were crying out for a quality centre half (given Kompany's previous for going down injured with no-one near him), but didn't buy one, and unfortunately we have loaded all our wide options into one basket with Navas, who looks an irredeemable lightweight against disciplined defending. Throw in tactics that don't play to the strengths of the players selected, and it all looks a turgid, one paced, shambles. In all honesty, I don't think we will beat either Plzen or the rags, and if that happens then the pressure will really be on.......

I'm not alone. The new cabal begins to take shape ;).

I thought the decision to remove Mancini was the correct one, and when I think back to some of our performances last season on the road, eg at Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, QPR, Swansea, Ajax, Wigan (Wembley) etc, I stand by that assessment, and were he still in charge I don't believe we'd be doing any better than we are now under Pellegrini. Trouble is what we are doing now under Pellegrini is desperately poor, bordering on the clueless. We were crying out for a forward with pace and flair, but didn't buy one, we were crying out for a quality centre half (given Kompany's previous for going down injured with no-one near him), but didn't buy one, and unfortunately we have loaded all our wide options into one basket with Navas, who looks an irredeemable lightweight against disciplined defending. Throw in tactics that don't play to the strengths of the players selected, and it all looks a turgid, one paced, shambles. In all honesty, I don't think we will beat either Plzen or the rags, and if that happens then the pressure will really be on.......

I dont think we will finish top 4 under this guy that is the difference - we have had a piss easy open to the season compared to others

We will lose out top 4 status this year its that simple if things continue

i have to say his mistake today was not starting with his best 11 of which i feel we would have won the game in the first half imho, do that and then rest the players in the second half.

Cheers Exeter. Just a reminder that the news Bobby was being sacked came out before the Cup Final so you cod hardly expect him to motivate the players.

It will take time for MP to impose his style on the team. He has been brought in to bring success in the CL so however ridiculous, he will be under pressure if we don't get a result at Plzen and put in a good performance in the Derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.