Do you believe in hitting kids?

A slap on the arse is fine imo, nothing excessive and it doesn't teach kids to solve problems with violence.
But to be honest most of the scummy kids round here are only that way because they have never had a proper dad, they probably don't even know who he is.
It can never be underestimated how important having a father figure is when growing up.

Children must be taught consequences for their actions and personal responsibility for those consequences.

I have spanked my children. I feel nothing but regret for having done so.

prairiemoon said:
Children must be taught consequences for their actions and personal responsibility for those consequences.

I have spanked my children. I feel nothing but regret for having done so.

Me too mate.

when my daughter was young she would push every boundary possible - as alot of kids do!!

I have smacked her on the backside / legs a few times......... nothing more, nothing less.

Now I look at her, she has grown into a beautiful young woman and it breaks my heart that I hit somebody who I Love unconditionally and would try to run through walls for.

we've had discussions about it a few times and I always apologise and she tells me its fine, and admitted once or twice she deliberately tried to push me to the limit (the little shit....lol)

But I will always have that guilt.

It's a fine line and a delicate situation.

Scottyboi said:
A slap on the arse is fine imo, nothing excessive and it doesn't teach kids to solve problems with violence.
But to be honest most of the scummy kids round here are only that way because they have never had a proper dad, they probably don't even know who he is.
It can never be underestimated how important having a father figure is when growing up.

this.

getting whacked by any manner of things was nothing to not having my dad around, far bigger impact and I can imagine it's the same for a lot of kids.

How anybody can hit/smack any part of there childs body in beyond me, discipline is fine bur there are plenty of way to do this without what is essentially violence.

Yes I do have a child and there is nothing he could do that would make me want to smack him.

He is only 10 though so ill come back to this thread after his teenage years :)

The cookie monster said:

Never? Did u watch the video? How would U teach those kids to respect other human beings?<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 am --<br /><br />
PickfordG said:
How anybody can hit/smack any part of there childs body in beyond me, discipline is fine bur there are plenty of way to do this without what is essentially violence.

Yes I do have a child and there is nothing he could do that would make me want to smack him.

A CHILD, try having 3/4/5 kids, when u see the eldest's bad behavior is rubbing off on the rest! U small minded brown cord wearing namby pamby !! open ur eyes to the world we are living in!

Paul11/12 said:
The cookie monster said:

Never? Did u watch the video? How would U teach those kids to respect other human beings?

-- Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 am --

PickfordG said:

A CHILD, try having 3/4/5 kids, when u see the eldest's bad behavior is rubbing off on the rest! U small minded brown cord wearing namby pamby !! open ur eyes to the world we are living in!

Well of you cant control 3/4/5 children then keep your cock bagged you tit.
And id suggest getting to the root problem what is causing the eldest to act up affecting the younger ones. Regardless I would never hit my CHILD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.