Do you care about being considered a 'big' team?

I'm not bothered about being thought of as a big club, but I do get annoyed when people belittle our history and try to make out that until 2011 we had enjoyed no success at all. In terms of points scored in the English top division since 1888 we are sixth - you don't achieve that with one decade of success.

But, I supported City for many years when we measured success by survival, or promotion or a glimpse of a trophy. And I enjoyed those days and going through them. And I know many people who loyally support their club knowing that winning anything at all is a far off dream, they still enjoy doing so and there is no need to be a so called "big" club to do so.

I’m in the US and people always accuse me of liking City because it’s the “biggest and best” team - so it’s too “easy” to be a fan. Haha. Totally different reputation here!
The ones usually accusing people of that started their support (commonly Arsenal, Rags, Liverpool) when they were winning.

This is a ridiculous thread because we are a big team probably at the moment the biggest. Everyone hates us and nobody wants to play us. They all say they are not bothered about and yet they talk about us all the time. They want u s out of the way because we constantly piss on their collective parades to the extent that they want us relegated because they don't believe they can compete with us. That's why we are a big team.

Last edited:
Yes I care very much. I never want to be part of the elite of this country or the history clubs of Europe. I dont want the clickbait praise and one of those clubs that wield political power in football. And the cheats accusations from the PL and how they've gone about it have hopefully ensured we dont become part of the elite but fight against it.

Eventually though we will lose, the PL have their favourite clubs that bring in the global viewers and that speaks louder than everything. Once Pep goes the utds and Arsenals will have the league back because in my point of view only Pep could have pushed back against all that media shite, all that PGMOL bias and having to do EVERYTHING ourselves. And watching City fight against that will be good.

This is a ridiculous thread because we are a big team probably at the moment the biggest. Everyone hates us and nobody what's to play us. They all say they are not bothered about and yet they talk about us all the time. They want u s out of the way because we constantly piss on their collective parades to the extent that they want us relegated because they don't believe they can compete with us. That's why we are a big team.
Personally I think being a big team = being consulted by the PL when they appoint new people like Masters, like utd and lfc are, that sort of thing. They'll never do that.

A club is as big as what you make of it. On the look of it, Spurs and Villa are big clubs. Their fans certainly think so. The red shirts harp on about a big club is one with the biggest fan base world wide. I suppose there is an element of that to it.

To me City are a big club, and currently the most popular, which is something entirely different. Look at our infrastructure. Look at the players we attract. Regular 50k plus attendance and one of the best away followings in the league.

Their desperation is clear when they post pictures of a few fans stood at the end of a parade, purposely missing off the tens of thousands who were actually there.

We are a big club and everyone knows it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.