Does the constant slander about City bother you?

It doesn’t bother me but it always confuses me how the media cover our signings but never the sales. 100m for Grealish, but like Pep said, we’ve sold players, so we spend 40-45m on Grealish. Clearly they have a motive, but a very shady one. It’s hard being the best I suppose.

Indeed. We've seen in recent times, particularly in the 1930's and 1940's how words lead to actions.

There's no doubt that much of the lies and smears are driven by other clubs and their lickspittles in the media. I always believed in the past that journalists were seekers of facts, tellers of truths and enemies of injustice. But this current crop of football journalists are (to quote Aneurin Bevan) lower than vermin.

They've whipped up xenophobia and outright racism. None are remotely bothered about facts, fairness or the consequences of their words. They spew out just what their puppet masters, be they club PR teams, agents, advertisers, even political entities, tell them to write.

For those saying they're not bothered, well that's great but I've suffered personally at the hands of some of these lowlife pieces of shit. Delaney, Corbett, the two Harrises, have themselves attacked me directly, and encouraged others to do so.

They've formally complained about me to my employer and to City. Fortunately both stood firm but they could easily have cost me my livelihood, simply because I've stood up and defended my club. They were happily prepared to ruin me and that certainly bothers me.

Fortunately some stood shoulder-to-shoulder with me and they suffered as well. I know two people who were driven to being treated for depression by these shitbags. And those shitbags will think that's a job well done. That's how low they are.

Everyone who considers themselves a City fan absolutely SHOULD be bothered by this constant outpouring of uninformed drivel, slander and outright lies. It's a war and you're all in the trenches whether you like it or not.
good post but if City aren't bothered why should we be.

Just had quick peek on the mirror website and started reading a piece about us signing GREALISH and to paraphrase was told wow what a signing for city fans but woe for all other football fans. So I thought I must scroll back up and see the author of this diatribe and it’s chief scoucer Robbie I don’t do cocaine Fowler.

Yesterday was a prime example on how the constant bile produced by the media is having an effect on the population in general. When Grealish came on and every time he touched the ball he was roundly booed by the Leicester fans. Why. We didn’t buy him from Leicester nor did we ‘beat’ Leicester to his signature. So why? The only reason is the negative bile sprouted by the media. It reminds me so much of the reaction to Sterling after he signed for us.
In all fairness FFS had all the BOOOOO's before Jack came on ;-)

It took two mins to get my back up yesterday , back to the usual pundit/ comm crap and wanting the other side to win , it grinds me down over the season ,half the stress i get is them, makes me so annoyed i cant concentrate
Breath , Gin , breath . Gin, breath. repeat until bottle empty.

What annoys me is click-bait journalists knowing they are lying. I think journalists call it journalistic licence? And the fact they steal a well paid living on the back of it.

It pisses me off as I don't like to see the club slagged off when I believe them to be innocent and the slagging is due to who we are upsetting rather than being based in reality.
Saw something on Facebook last night saying the rags have broken the transfer record 7 time while we have broken it 3 times, yet it's City "ruining football".
If I can be arsed arguing I point out who is spreading the shit and their links to other clubs. I also point out the hypocrisy of some club chairmen and managers.
And there's always the good old "How old are you?" question. Particularly when I know I can respond with "Fucking hell! My season ticket is older than you are".

Slag off those who introduced the e-tickets all you want by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.