Donald Trump

The frightening part, jokes aside, is that there will likely be conflict regardless of the outcome of the election. He and his cronies (or admin) will see to that.
That’s exactly what I was saying. It’s inevitable imo, especially in the unlikely scenario that he is victorious, but doesn’t win the popular vote. To me, it’s incredible how a country I’ve visited so many times, and loved each time I did, has arrived at this point, but a guess a regular visitor to 1920s Germany would have said the same a decade later.

That’s exactly what I was saying. It’s inevitable imo, especially in the unlikely scenario that he is victorious, but doesn’t win the popular vote. To me, it’s incredible how a country I’ve visited so many times, and loved each time I did, has arrived at this point, but a guess a regular visitor to 1920s Germany would have said the same a decade later.
Exactly what I said in response to the Trump salute of the “January 6th hostages” video.

Edit: Ha, just saw your post. We are on the same wavelength today. ;-)

Might explain why they are such big fans of banning books.

If they aren't in the library to read then the lessons of history can't be learned.
The republicans have largely been running the Nazi playbook at the local and state level for several decades, which includes the evisceration of public education system and the devaluation of both education and expertise amongst their conservative base more broadly.

MAGA isn’t a random development, it is consequence of many different deliberate efforts to create an ignorant, compliant, aggrieved citizenry that can be manipulated and exploited to the benefit of the conservative elite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.