Donald Trump

Another thing that doesnt seem to get highlighted is that Jan 6th wasnt just the crowd storming the capital, Trump and his team tried to get fake electors to send results stating he won certain states, that he actually lost, overruling the democratic votes. Literally tried to overthrow the government with fake results.

Its incredible he and all involved arnt already locked up for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_fake_electors_plot

Law enforcement officials have reportedly informed two sources that Trump was not hit by a bullet but by glass shards or fragments instead from a teleprompter that broke due to the gunfire
If confirmed that makes much more sense than a bullet grazing his ear.

Still could have done quite a lot of damage, mind, and this is still a massive security failure all-around, including the agents behaviour after they got him to the ground.

That video of the aftermath is a case study of what not to do in a threat situation.

Reactions: Vic
So, in your opinion, this "project 2025" is straight up comparable to the Holocaust?
You understand that Hitler and his maniacs didn’t immediately carry out the Holocaust, right?

Do we have to wait until Trump begins committing similar atrocities before we can raise alarm bells about the parallels with Hitler’s rise, rhetoric, policies, and, paranoid, fascist view of the world?

This “wait until he starts imprisoning and killing large swathes of people instead of just promising to do it in front of a podium before calling him the new Hitler” argument has always baffled me.

Last edited:
For all the people in this thread saying things like "Trump isn't as bad as other authoritarian leaders", "Nothing bad happened last time", "There's no evidence that he's a threat to democracy just because you disagree with him" etc.

All I'll say is I really really earnestly hope that you are correct - and I'm glad you seem to have so much faith that things will all be fine. With all genuine sincerity. Because it would be truly awful to come back on here in 2028, and listen to people say 'oh well, we couldn't have possibly seen this coming'.

His cronies have built a 900-page policy document that tells us very precisely how they would install him as a dictator. But I'm being asked to believe in good faith that those policies won't actually be deployed. Maybe you're right but does seem a little bit risky, doesn't it?

So, in your opinion, this "project 2025" is straight up comparable to the Holocaust?
If over six million people die as a direct result of this, then yes. Have you actually read it? Straight out of the Hitler playbook.
Rounding up of undesirables into camps, persecution on minorities so on and so on..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.