Dortmund Fans

Everyone is so deluded if they think we can reproduce the atmosphere the Dortmund fans generate!!!!!!

Its completely different in England with health and safety rules, more women and children, seated stands, and did you see the fans on the upper tier abusing stewards and ripping up the seating covers? You cant get away with that here.

And they were more like an army of younger blokes, veins popping, going nuts! Not everyone who goes to a 'football match' is prepared to behave that way.

If you want to jump up and down chanting for 90 mins, go join some sort of parade. It looks and sounds great, but realistically it can never happen in England.

Although there is no reason why some of our chants cant last longer and be repeated over an over. It MUST lift the team with that kind of rhythm. Support as shit tonight except us in 111...... and somebody bring a drum to the next game please.

Bazzmand Show said:
[quote="sonnymancity"and somebody bring a drum to the next game please.

No please don't...[/quote]

Why not? They can create good atmospheres.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SlightlyDangerous said:
I go to watch a football match not take part in Chorus Line.

not even a chirp of "come on city, come on city".
I was in the Bernabeu and we made a lot of noise. I was at Fulham on Saturday and we made a lot of noise. That's what away fans do. But going through a choreographed songbook, led by a drum and jumping up and down waving your scarves in perfect unison whilst being largely unaware of what's going on in the game is not for me I'm afraid.

It was a performance. There was no passion to it. It was typically German - efficient and well-organised with everyone following orders.

Largely unaware? So is that why they booed our players after they gave away free kicks, and went mental after every decision against them?

If that atmosphere isn't for you, I don't think footballs the game for you tbh

Your best player tonight was the guy responsible for the music. Never thought to hear "Higher State Of Consciousness" outside of some freaky disco. According to music You win big time. There was even Faithless with "Insomnia" if I remember correctly as running-in song. Brilliant! Handing out pills would had created a superp atmosphere...
But no, drugs aint allowed. Same goes for standing up, chanting and supporting your team at all costs. What the hell happened to English football?
I can recall times when English fans were so famous for good atmosphere.
Okay there was the Taylor Report. What I acually wanted to ask You, what did You do after more and more details came up regarding Hillsborough?
Your "atmospheric" problems are directly linked to this event.

Let's face it, been saying it for years, the foreign fans piss all over the English, full stop. It started with Galatasaray v Rags in recent years with the 'Welcome to Hell' banners and has carried on ever since. Even the fuckin Jocks piss all over us. Our fans are like all English fans, SHITE when it comes to jumping up and down, waving shit and generally acting as a coreographed body of men. But that's no bad thing as us English are the embassadors of gentlemanlyhood and etiquette the world over. Think David Niven and James Bond and think Main Stand, blankets and flasks. They all go together!

Weltverschlechterer said:
Your "atmospheric" problems are directly linked to this event.

Many people want to change it but it's very difficult. If parliament allowed safe standing to be implemented that would be a good start. Many of us are harassed by stewards all game if we stand up for too long. It's a joke and ticket prices go up rather than down, even though England has been in recession again. We have the second cheapest season ticket available (Value Gold - £275ish) so are not the main offenders (Arsenal are the worst with their £2,000 season ticket) but even though we top the value for money list in the Premier League it's still too expensive for many of our most passionate fans. Besides United and QPR (the ending) games last season, our best ever atmosphere at this ground was against Hamburg when tickets were only £5.

LoveCity said:
Many people want to change it but it's very difficult. If parliament allowed safe standing to be implemented that would be a good start.
The scandal You got there is so huge, You can demand everything. But for some reason I think, they took your balls over the past 20 years, which is sad.
LoveCity said:
Many of us are harassed by stewards all game if we stand up for too long.
WOW!! Seems like beeing a football fan is a crime in GB. Noone would stop anyone standing up in a football stadium in Germany. You are one the oldest democracies in Europe and You are treated like children... Beer issnt good for You, away fans are evil, Taylor Report says the truth, c'mon England, do something, cant see You following orders like we did once. Don't mention the war!
LoveCity said:
It's a joke and ticket prices go up rather than down, even though England has been in recession again. We have the second cheapest season ticket available (Value Gold - £275ish) so are not the main offenders (Arsenal are the worst with their £2,000 season ticket) but even though we top the value for money list in the Premier League it's still too expensive for many of our most passionate fans. Besides United and QPR (the ending) games last season, our best ever atmosphere at this ground was against Hamburg when tickets were only £5.
You are thinking of ticket prices? Your sheik gives a flying fuck if there is anybody in the stadium or not. Sorry for that one, I regard city is a traditional club, but I dont like Your new friend from the south.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SlightlyDangerous said:
I go to watch a football match not take part in Chorus Line.

not even a chirp of "come on city, come on city".
I was in the Bernabeu and we made a lot of noise. I was at Fulham on Saturday and we made a lot of noise. That's what away fans do. But going through a choreographed songbook, led by a drum and jumping up and down waving your scarves in perfect unison whilst being largely unaware of what's going on in the game is not for me I'm afraid.

It was a performance. There was no passion to it. It was typically German - efficient and well-organised with everyone following orders.

Sorry mate but that is BS. No passion? It was pure passion. And we were average at Fulham, not a patch on the Germans, or Italians, Poles, Greeks etc.

Some people find it hard to swallow that the foreign fans are better than the English but its a cold hard fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.