Double-dip!

Strangely Rascal i agree with you about a lot on that. Not the renationalising thing though. As much as that would be great in those sectors because they are ruined anyway what it would do is scare international investors and companies away in certain sectors due to fears you could just buy them out at any given time

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Strangely Rascal i agree with you about a lot on that. Not the renationalising thing though. As much as that would be great in those sectors because they are ruined anyway what it would do is scare international investors and companies away in certain sectors due to fears you could just buy them out at any given time

I do believe the tide against rampant capitalism is turning. I dont think capitalism is bad per se as obviously it isnt. But people are becoming more and more appaled at corporate greed. I personally have always considered the UK to be a fair country where people pretty much get what they deserve from life, perhaps it swung to far one way and now its swinging to far the other. We have to rebalance our economy of that there is no doubt, but austerity is not working and balancing the books should never be a priority as the country is not a household.

As for nationalisation i would only do it when i believed it was in the nations interest. Its ludicrous that a company can own a national resource, a resource is all of ours by default and we all should share in that resource not just greedy fatcats. I wouldnt for instance create a British Leyland like company, but the nations oil, gas, railways should not be held by corporate entities.

Rammy banks are sitting on vast amounts of money so a credit crunch is unlikely again

We are definatly not in a depression that guy is talking out of his ass

Rascal said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
city diehard said:
driven by an ideological case for smaller stae.

Whereas the previous government's policies were driven by an ideological case for a larger (and unaffordable) state.

The myth we cant afford stuff is now becoming the truth. Its been hammered home by the tory press so often that most people now believe this rubbish.

As i have said before we managed to found the NHS and the welfare state and rebuild vast swathes of the country when our GDP stood at 250% Our GDP is currently less than Germany and France and we have our own currency. The BoE has printed £450 billion of money already and it has had no effect on inflation, which sort of debunks the printing money leads to a Weimar republic scenario.

The tory austerity measures are ideological small state bunkum and it is unraveing before there eyes by the day. The state has to play a role in a normal society it just cannot leave everything to the market and hope for the best.

What the tories have made people think is that the country is like a household with the constant maxed out credit card rubbish. The country does not a credit card nor does it need one as the BoE have proved if money is runnng out just print some more.

What is needed is for that clown Osborne and his fuckwit toff mates to be booted out asap before they totally hand the country on a plate to there rich friends.

A little Keynesian economics would work just fine, invest in infrastructure, nationalise the railways and power producers and cut VAT. Jobs created and money in peoples pocket.

Spot on Rasc.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Rammy banks are sitting on vast amounts of money so a credit crunch is unlikely again

Yeah, whatever.

edit....did you actually read the articles?

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Since when have the banks been sat on huge reserves of cash?

Greece is bankrupt, along with Ireland and Portugal with Spain and Italy about to join the club.

No credit crunch or depression you say?

This is not personal mate but im at a loss trying to see the position you are trying to argue here?

Rammy Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yeah, whatever.

Look mate they are cleverer than me when it comes to that stuff it is quite hard to argue but a hell of a lot of it is scare mongering, why they are doing it I dont know, maybe they want more hits on the site

Especially depression, look up depression and then tell me we are!<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm --<br /><br />
blueinsa said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Greece is bankrupt, along with Ireland and Portugal with Spain and Italy about to join the club.

So tell me how these countries being in trouble puts the UK in a depression?
Yes so I say there is no credit crunch or depression in this country.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Rammy Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yeah, whatever.

Look mate they are cleverer than me when it comes to that stuff it is quite hard to argue but a hell of a lot of it is scare mongering, why they are doing it I dont know, maybe they want more hits on the site

Especially depression, look up depression and then tell me we are!

-- Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm --

blueinsa said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

The whole world is in the middle of it, nobody is immune.

We don't live outside of the bubble.

Your stance is fucking laughable given the sheer amount of evidence day in, day out re the trouble affecting markets, economies, currencies, national debts, banks, jobs etc.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Rammy Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yeah, whatever.

Especially depression, look up depression and then tell me we are!

-- Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm --

blueinsa said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Right, the fella writing the article about the credit crunch is taking his info from the BIS which is considered the central bank of central banks - a man being championed as being the next chancellor, Vince Cable, requested a meeting with him to discuss ideas, hardly a nutjob....

It all comes back to what I said earlier about Spain and it's property problems, it will come here eventually, trust me on that one.

Don't really care whether you agree with me or not tbh, all I know is when the chickens come home to roost it won't be a surprise to me, unlike millions of others across the UK....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.