Dullest Football Since Pearce?

Like all social media, this place often becomes a rush to the most extreme opinion, and those exaggerated comments being brought back up and laughed at should be some sort of tempering measure to bring people back towards the middle, which is much better for discussion in general.

Plus we should all be able to look back and laugh when we've gotten it wrong and remember it's just football chat.

Personally I've developed a very thick skin. I've said some outrageous stuff in the past, and when it's brought up I have to take it on the chin!

I find it easy to laugh at myself.

It’s easy to mock others with the benefit of hindsight to be fair.

Most of us thought he’d lost his spark at the beginning of the season but it’s now proven he was sorting the defence out and building from the back.

Yeah a few did say that and congratulations but I don’t blame Fame Monster, we’re all desperate for City to win.

It's easy to be wise after the fact but it surely has been obvious for some considerable time that:

we probably have the best coach in world football;
Pep's understanding of the game is streets ahead of the average football professional, let alone man on the street;
Pep is a progressive thoughtful coach that constantly looks to improve and develop how his teams plays whilst still sticking to the principles of the game to which he ascribes; and
he really ought to be trusted to sort it.

Also, lack of excitement in City games is usually far more to do with how the opposition approach the game in order to prevent City tearing them to pieces.

Sure the teams form was not at its best and there were some issues to be solved, most importantly raising belief and confidence, but those were always likely to be temporary matters given the players and manager that City have.

And we should all heed Pep's words, City are one game closer to losing again; what matters is how they respond to that.

It’s easy to mock others with the benefit of hindsight to be fair.

Most of us thought he’d lost his spark at the beginning of the season but it’s now proven he was sorting the defence out and building from the back.

Yeah a few did say that and congratulations but I don’t blame Fame Monster, we’re all desperate for City to win.
"most of us" ?? Not sure that is accurate.

No! Keep it, remember how ridiculous the overreaction to the start of this season was next time we hit a rough patch.
Agreed.

An absolutely HUGE if, but if we ended up winning all 4 this season this will go downstairs in to the classics thread

It's easy to be wise after the fact but it surely has been obvious for some considerable time that:

we probably have the best coach in world football;
Pep's understanding of the game is streets ahead of the average football professional, let alone man on the street;
Pep is a progressive thoughtful coach that constantly looks to improve and develop how his teams plays whilst still sticking to the principles of the game to which he ascribes; and
he really ought to be trusted to sort it.

Also, lack of excitement in City games is usually far more to do with how the opposition approach the game in order to prevent City tearing them to pieces.

Sure the teams form was not at its best and there were some issues to be solved, most importantly raising belief and confidence, but those were always likely to be temporary matters given the players and manager that City have.

And we should all heed Pep's words, City are one game closer to losing again; what matters is how they respond to that.
Have you read the OP?

All he said was it’s the dullest football since Pearce, because of the double pivot, he didn’t say it was the worst side since Pearce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.