Dullest Football Since Pearce?

Go back and have a look at the “Pep signs new deal thread”.

more posts than not were saying it might not be the best thing.
I've read that thread. There were multiple posts by a number of posters, rather than multiple posters, who thought it might not be the best thing and no posts on the topic by some members. I would think "some of us " rather than "most of us", would be a fairer description of the posts on that thread. Anyway, 1 of us, at least, is very happy that he is still with us.

I've read that thread. There were multiple posts by a number of posters, rather than multiple posters, who thought it might not be the best thing and no posts on the topic by some members. I would think "some of us " rather than "most of us", would be a fairer description of the posts on that thread. Anyway, 1 of us, at least, is very happy that he is still with us.
So am I. I don’t think I was that out of line to wonder if he had lost it with City, considering that is very normal with football cycles after 4 years, very happy to be proven wrong though.

I wrote that we were ponderous and predictable or words to that effect, which we were. Seemed to be lots of possession, little penetration and easily caught out by a long ball over the top in our first few games.

I do wonder if he looked at Klopp last season and the way Liverpool stopped going all out gung ho attack in the season we pipped them. They were more pragmatic last year, going ahead and seeing games out. Still helped by dodgy pens and last minute winners occasionally, but ultimately more conservative.

Obviously this season is unprecedented in the compacted season, lack of pre -season and the addition of Ruben Deeeyash (© BT Sport) from last season, but it did make we wonder if Pep looked at the odd lot up the M62 and it affected his planning for this season

So am I. I don’t think I was that out of line to wonder if he had lost it with City, considering that is very normal with football cycles after 4 years, very happy to be proven wrong though.
You were perfectly entitled to your opinion and Imo not out of line to wonder.
I think the issue that proved controversial at the time was the tone, illogical thinking and OTT nasty language and attitude to Pep, of a number of posters, which others felt was disrespectful to Pep & City. Bile spewing got in the way of reasoned discussion too often.

You were perfectly entitled to your opinion and Imo not out of line to wonder.
I think the issue that proved controversial at the time was the tone, illogical thinking and OTT nasty language and attitude to Pep, of a number of posters, which others felt was disrespectful to Pep & City. Bile spewing got in the way of reasoned discussion too often.
I can think of one post I made after we dropped points I am not proud of but I was emotional when posting which is never a good look. I calmed down and reflected.

If there is one goal in the game I am a nervous wreck and I lose my head until we go 2 up.

Football changes people, I am not like this with rugby or cricket.

I can think of one post I made after we dropped points I am not proud of but I was emotional when posting which is never a good look. I calmed down and reflected.

If there is one goal in the game I am a nervous wreck and I lose my head until we go 2 up.

Football changes people, I am not like this with rugby or cricket.
I see what you mean.....

UnpleasantDapperGreatargus-small.gif

Not at all. The real question is, does the cycle relate to players or the manager ? Can another manager do better than Pep with our squad, not sure that would be the case ? We are having an overhaul having lost some great players and need some new replacments, Sergio, Fern, for example.Very sad, but true. Very few players come in and transform a team overnight.Lets be patient and trust our team, pitch and management.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.