Dunne and Dusted

citoeast said:
Dunne good and bad has been with us for 9 years, a loyal servant part of the soul and heart of the club. I wish him well and say a mega thank you to him for all he has done for my club.

My grumble is the way it has been done shows the real lack of class Hughes has, the real lack of connection to our beloved club, City. Dunne should have been allowed to play tonight and get the big massive fond farewell he deserves for his long and loyal service from the fans. In reality he should have been given it last week at Wolves, no excuses about circumstances.

The manner of his leaving betrays all the fine eloquent PR words being uttered by our club.

The club should show its desire to retain the soul and heart of the club through actions not words. I welcome the changes, the improvement and progress being made, I accept Dunne moving on (to change the culture at the club), but not the way it has been handled (which has been to undermine Dunne, our Captain!, through the very public pursuit of 'Mr. Chelsea' Terry, then Lescott) and ultimately the shallow vote of confidence by Hughes at yesterday's press conference and the really embarrassing video interview of support (laughably so called) of Dunne by Hughes previously.

A nice balanced respectful transition from the old to the new would have been better. Hughes, the new OT kid on the block should remember what goes around comes around. He needs to be sure to succeed, and succeed soon. Those who cannot recognise and appreciate the value of loyalty should not expect loyalty.

To the old loyal dog who is leaving I say GOOD LUCK and THANK YOU Richard.

You spout the same bullshit on here as you do on citymancs!

None of us know how events have unfolded and whether it was Dunney's choice to not play tonight. As for chasing Terry, well why not! Do you really think that Dunney wouldn't have wanted us to do that?

citoeast said:
Dunne good and bad has been with us for 9 years, a loyal servant part of the soul and heart of the club. I wish him well and say a mega thank you to him for all he has done for my club.

My grumble is the way it has been done shows the real lack of class Hughes has, the real lack of connection to our beloved club, City. Dunne should have been allowed to play tonight and get the big massive fond farewell he deserves for his long and loyal service from the fans. In reality he should have been given it last week at Wolves, no excuses about circumstances.

The manner of his leaving betrays all the fine eloquent PR words being uttered by our club.

The club should show its desire to retain the soul and heart of the club through actions not words. I welcome the changes, the improvement and progress being made, I accept Dunne moving on (to change the culture at the club), but not the way it has been handled (which has been to undermine Dunne, our Captain!, through the very public pursuit of 'Mr. Chelsea' Terry, then Lescott) and ultimately the shallow vote of confidence by Hughes at yesterday's press conference and the really embarrassing video interview of support (laughably so called) of Dunne by Hughes previously.

A nice balanced respectful transition from the old to the new would have been better. Hughes, the new OT kid on the block should remember what goes around comes around. He needs to be sure to succeed, and succeed soon. Those who cannot recognise and appreciate the value of loyalty should not expect loyalty.

Interesting points you have made and I think the (stability) we all crave and talk about, has been transferred out with Dunne and people like Jim Cassell. Time will tell of course if these decisions are the right ones for our club.

Bluepeter62 said

{/quote]

None of us know how events have unfolded and whether it was Dunney's choice to not play tonight. As for chasing Terry, well why not! Do you really think that Dunney wouldn't have wanted us to do that?B[/quote]

The blind man of Bluemoon.

Wake up to the real world, Dunne was shown the door by actions not words.

You may consider the post bullshit, but that is your view and you are entitled to it. Anyone with a bit of sense would know that when their boss brings someone in to do their job (espeicially when they are a team captain) it is time to move on. No doubt you would hang around, get stripped of the captancy and wait to get booted out publically. Dunne is a bit smarter than that and has more pride and class.

citoeast said:
Bluepeter62 said

{/quote]

None of us know how events have unfolded and whether it was Dunney's choice to not play tonight. As for chasing Terry, well why not! Do you really think that Dunney wouldn't have wanted us to do that?B

You may consider the post bullshit, but that is your view and you are entitled to it. Anyone with a bit of sense would know that when their boss brings someone in to do their job (espeicially when they are a team captain) it is time to move on. No doubt you would hang around, get stripped of the captancy and wait to get booted out publically. Dunne is a bit smarter than that and has more pride and class.[/quote]

It can also be said he is running away from a challenge if you want to be argumentable!

To spout bullshit that Hughes has no class because he has tried to improve our team and allowing Dunney the choice between staying to compete for a place or go to Villa shows that its you who is blind.

Like I have said you talk the same rubbish on citymancs!

bluepeter62 said:
citoeast said:
Bluepeter62 said

{/quote]

None of us know how events have unfolded and whether it was Dunney's choice to not play tonight. As for chasing Terry, well why not! Do you really think that Dunney wouldn't have wanted us to do that?B

You may consider the post bullshit, but that is your view and you are entitled to it. Anyone with a bit of sense would know that when their boss brings someone in to do their job (espeicially when they are a team captain) it is time to move on. No doubt you would hang around, get stripped of the captancy and wait to get booted out publically. Dunne is a bit smarter than that and has more pride and class.

It can also be said he is running away from a challenge if you want to be argumentable!

To spout bullshit that Hughes has no class because he has tried to improve our team and allowing Dunney the choice between staying to compete for a place or go to Villa shows that its you who is blind.

Like I have said you talk the same rubbish on citymancs![/quote]

Agree 100% blue peter....it would have been nice to have been able to say goodbye properly on Saturday, but to be honest I don't think talks had started at that point (No rumours on here anyway).

Dunne has been a loyal and great servant to City. It was two way though as the club were supportive early on when KK supported him.

I think Dunne is a great player and this is the reason it is a shame he is leaving. Good luck to him he deserves regular football and success.

citoeast said:

Sentimentality is no where to be seen in success. Dunne is a professional and like all other professional footballers is doing a job and City have, as far as the manger is concerned, now found someone who does the job better. The manager will survive or fall by his decisions. IMHO Hughes always shows class he has never publicly criticized Dunne, has only ever said good things about him. Constant harping on about loyal servant when he was ready to jump ship no so long ago is to be frank sickly. You suggestion that he should be allowed to play tonight is absolute nonsense the OT( a dig by you to Hughes red past) manager choose the team to win the game not for any other reason and he was absolutely 100% right

citoeast said:

Sentimentality is no where to be seen in success. Dunne is a professional and like all other professional footballers is doing a job and City have, as far as the manger is concerned, now found someone who does the job better. The manager will survive or fall by his decisions. IMHO Hughes always shows class he has never publicly criticized Dunne, has only ever said good things about him. Constant harping on about loyal servant when he was ready to jump ship no so long ago is to be frank sickly. You suggestion that he should be allowed to play tonight is absolute nonsense the OT( a dig by you to Hughes red past) manager choose the team to win the game not for any other reason and he was absolutely 100% right

I was talking to some fellow blue mates last night. We all agreed it feels a bit strange with Dunne leaving. Been here for 9 years, a loyal servant to the club, and in many ways the soul of the club. He is a bit like blackpool rock, if you cut him in half he would have Manchester City wrote through him. He must be gutted to be leaving.

All the best Dunne, you have transformed yourself from a piss ed with a bad attitude, to a decent centre half who cares about our club.

Wishing you every success at the Villa!!

Thanks for the rollercoaster

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.