Dzeko and Negredo partnership

Tricky_Trev said:
Barcon said:
I agree that it doesn't work (apart from Dzekos assist to Negredo for the goal), but what is the manager supposed to do, start with one striker against Blackburn?
Yes. Are you one of those that thinks playing 1 up front is defensive?

I'm one of those that thinks playing with a lone striker at Blackburn would be more defensive than playing with two. We seem to have scored a lot of goals playing with two strikers.

Completely agree with them being awful when played together. They're rather similar players: tall, good in the air and can poach well. Only differences are Negredo's better technique and work rate.

However, when starting one of them I'd plump for Edin - mainly because he does seem to score when he plays and, in being selfish, he'll often be around the box to get a goal rather than tracking back in our own half like Negredo does. I love Negredo for that but it only works when you've got someone else to sit up top (Aguero usually).

Would have preferred to see Silva in the hole and either Navas or Lopes starting on the wings instead of Alvaro up front. Playing 5 in the midfield would have given the defence more cover too, to protect the woeful Boyata and increasingly average Clichy.

Mr. Aguia said:
Barcon said:
I agree that it doesn't work (apart from Dzekos assist to Negredo for the goal), but what is the manager supposed to do, start with one striker against Blackburn?

Yes. 99% of the top teams in the world play with 1 striker and do just fine. AGuero and Negredo makes sense. They play well together and Aguero creates scoring chances, Dzeko doesn't. So we are short a creative player to start, then you add Boyatta, Clichy and Garcia into the mix and more than half the squad is incapable of creating anything going forward. If scoring goals was all about playing multiple strikers then everyone would play 2 or even 3.

You should send the manager a text mate. I already said that the partnership didn't work and I know that we needed to create more. If it wasn't for a stupid error and the fact that nobody played particularly well, we would have won the game. We are the highest scoring team in the league and we play with two up top.

Shaelumstash said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Barcon said:

This seems to be Pellegrini's logic, you have to play 2 up front to be attacking.

The best attacking team I've ever seen (Barca from a couple of years ago) essentially played none up front. Same as Bayern did to us this season at the Etihad, and they're the best team I've ever seen in the flesh.

It's even more confusing that we played one up front away at Bayern, won, scored 3, yet Pellegrini refuses to play that way against lesser teams.

If we can outplay the best team in Europe away playing that system, why does he feel the need to go back to the 80s and play two 6'3 number 9s when playing away in England? Horizontal learning curve.
^^This^^

instead of playing Dzeco as a second striker you would be better knocking a stump in the ground at least it would not fall over if one of the other teams players ran into it he is good sub when the other side are slowing down but if played from the start we are playing with 10 men

Dzeko is useless and the sooner he is shifted on the better. He lacks the concentration to play for a full 90 minutes and doesn't press nearly enough when we lose the ball (this isn't to say he has to track back like Negredo, but to pressure the opposition defence to force a long ball or mistake). We are far better off playing Silva centrally behind Negredo with Nasri, Milner and Navas (2 of 3) operating from wide positions.

The number of goals scored by Dzeko from mistakes is amazing, how many times has he missed a header, only to have the ball come off his shoulder into the net, or missed his kick and hit his knee?

I hope Jovetic is fit soon so we can have another attacking option while Aguero recovers, otherwise I'd like to see Yaya played in more advanced role with Garcia and Fernandinho holding the midfield.

Phelix The Blue said:
Dzeko is useless and the sooner he is shifted on the better. He lacks the concentration to play for a full 90 minutes and doesn't press nearly enough when we lose the ball (this isn't to say he has to track back like Negredo, but to pressure the opposition defence to force a long ball or mistake). We are far better off playing Silva centrally behind Negredo with Nasri, Milner and Navas (2 of 3) operating from wide positions.

The number of goals scored by Dzeko from mistakes is amazing, how many times has he missed a header, only to have the ball come off his shoulder into the net, or missed his kick and hit his knee?

I hope Jovetic is fit soon so we can have another attacking option while Aguero recovers, otherwise I'd like to see Yaya played in more advanced role with Garcia and Fernandinho holding the midfield.
So your first comment on the boards is talking shit about our 50 goal flop? Welcome you'll fit right in.

Barcon said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Barcon said:

I'm one of those that thinks playing with a lone striker at Blackburn would be more defensive than playing with two. We seem to have scored a lot of goals playing with two strikers.
It's not really defensive though is it if it means we end up with about 65-70% possession, as opposed to having no control and looking vulnerable in midfield. We'd have created MORE chances playing 1 upfront, due to us being able to dominate. With Aguero out, we should never play 2 upfront in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.