Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

GaudinoMotors said:
So it's a knee-jerk reaction then ?? The fact he had a good record before he came here is true, and any forward playing in our side should score plenty of goals given the service available. But that papers over the problem that he looks slow in the Prem, lacking a reliable first touch and appears to be carrying his dissatisfaction onto the pitch. He is undoubtedly a good player - but just doesn't fit for me. Once again - Rich man's Samaras.
Yes his return rate looks good - but look at most of those matches - we were home and dry, and anyway he should have doubled his tally if his finishing had been better. Nice lad, good player, but not too inconsistent. Our creative players need movement, control, and pace to feed.

Only in 1 of the matches were we "home and dry" (Man Utd 1-6)

He scored the 1st against Swansea, what turned out to be the winner at Bolton, the goals at Spurs, and the 1st at QPR and Wolves .....so to put it simply...you are talking shite.

He can be slow but also fast...see vs Liverpool and his assist for the goal at Arsenal

forevermancity said:
mannymanc said:
forevermancity said:
some disgusting comments on here

class player going through a bad patch for one reason or another

those of you who slate him deserve corradi and samaras...
why? coz he's not cut the mustard, we have to go back to a worse striker? make sense please?

how has he not cut the mustard?

he is a good good player when played to his strengths, great touch, hold up play, great in the air, great skill for a bigman and his finishing is like any striker his build..iffy.

lets get this right, if dzeko hasnt cut the mustard neither has aguero or balo, lets replace and boo them all eh?

Great in the air? great touch?
You qualify his next attributes by allowing for his build?
Like saying great in air for a dwarf. Brilliant in goal considering he only has one arm.
And who's booing?

Mancini should a give him another chance tomorrow, at least fist half plus 10 minutes as Pool will not park the bus at Etihad. We will have Clichy and Richards, and should play down the flanks with Aguero on the left, Yaya in the middle and Silva floating around. Edin will score then.

Hart
richards lescot kompany clichy
barry milner
silva yaya aguero
edin

forevermancity said:
mannymanc said:
forevermancity said:
some disgusting comments on here

class player going through a bad patch for one reason or another

those of you who slate him deserve corradi and samaras...
why? coz he's not cut the mustard, we have to go back to a worse striker? make sense please?

how has he not cut the mustard?

he is a good good player when played to his strengths, great touch, hold up play, great in the air, great skill for a bigman and his finishing is like any striker his build..iffy.

lets get this right, if dzeko hasnt cut the mustard neither has aguero or balo, lets replace and boo them all eh?
so when he comes on we should completely change our style of play to suit him? better yet, when he comes on sub we should make the rest our allocation putting on players that will suit him better?
mate, niall quinn couldn't head a ball when he came to us, but trained hard and became a great player. it's all down to the players i think; if they want it they can become it, they obviously have talent.

BIG DONKEY said:
GaudinoMotors said:
So it's a knee-jerk reaction then ?? The fact he had a good record before he came here is true, and any forward playing in our side should score plenty of goals given the service available. But that papers over the problem that he looks slow in the Prem, lacking a reliable first touch and appears to be carrying his dissatisfaction onto the pitch. He is undoubtedly a good player - but just doesn't fit for me. Once again - Rich man's Samaras.
Yes his return rate looks good - but look at most of those matches - we were home and dry, and anyway he should have doubled his tally if his finishing had been better. Nice lad, good player, but not too inconsistent. Our creative players need movement, control, and pace to feed.

Only in 1 of the matches were we "home and dry" (Man Utd 1-6)

He scored the 1st against Swansea, what turned out to be the winner at Bolton, the goals at Spurs, and the 1st at QPR and Wolves .....so to put it simply...you are talking shite.

He can be slow but also fast...see vs Liverpool and his assist for the goal at Arsenal

I suppose home and dry in subjective given it's Manchester City. Ok point taken about Bolton. Please don't tell me we only beat Swansea, QPR and Wolves because of him though.

He can be slow but also fast (must he also get to the line)??? and you accuse me of talking shite! (which of course I do)

JasminBosnia said:
Mancini should a give him another chance tomorrow, at least fist half plus 10 minutes as Pool will not park the bus at Etihad.....
No thanks. He isn't clinical enough for the few chances that a decent side like Liverpool will give up.

Dzeko

Play dzeko on the left and leave him there, his general play on that side is fantastic, I know I might get some stick for this suggestion but I've seen players switch from the centre to the outside and they have been more successful, summerbee and Nellie young did this.

So Dzeko is being scapegoated again on Bluemoon. Depressingly predictable.
First game back after an injury lay off, hits the bar, sees the keeper make a good save, and keeps going and refuses to hide even when it's clear it's not his day.
In the meantime, Aguero misses sitters at West Brom and Sunderland that Corradi and Fat Bob Taylor would've put away, repeatedly hangs onto the ball too long until he gives it away and generally turns in the sort of frustrating performance that has characterised his own recent loss of form. But no 30-odd page thread about how Sergio isn't up to it and should be sold in the summer.
Why? Because it would be ridiculous. As is much of this thread.
Favourites and scapegoats, it's the Bluemoon way. Not long ago, many on here would've chased off Barry and Milner, while keeping Nigel. Lescott would've been long gone.
How many think that way now?
Edin and Nasri are the current targets for the moaners when the fact is that it is some of the fan favourites like Aguero, Yaya and even Vinnie who are not playing well in recent games.

Couldn't be arsed to read that post as I'm a bit sleepy but Vinnie's been fantastic lately...

He needs to play with wide players,preferably Milner on the right and silva on the left,not wide players cutting in (outside to inside ) he needs to get on the end of crosses,facing goal.if not leave him out and do him a favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.