Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

Worked his socks off. But seriously, he needs to work on his first touch.

We can (and do) all agree that Edin is playing on an all-time low in terms of confidence.

But people who come in here just to talk shit about his SKILL though need a reality check because over last couple of years entire football world, including RM sees OTHERWISE.

So blatantly claiming the opposite based on some bad/average games just makes you a dumbass, IMO.

As far as the penalty debate - Edin IS NOT A GOOD PENALTY TAKER, even when at his best (trust me, I've seen the few he has taken), end of.

HE knows it, that's the reason why he probably didnt try to persuade Milner. Team over self, I would say.

I felt a bit sorry for him last night, he was working hard but things just weren't going his way. He looks low at confidence at the moment, but hopefully a goal will bring back some self-belief.

Interesting stat I've just seen on Twitter, assuming it's true:

12 months since same day transfers. Edin #Dzeko has scored more goals than #carroll #suarez and #torres combined.

Dzeko with confidence:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJeXLetniKI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJeXLetniKI</a>

Ref was shocking towards Dzeko last night. Right at the end he started knocking Skrtel about for fun and the thug didnt like it one bit. Thats what i want to see from Dzeko more with his power and size he should be knocking defenders about

Ric said:
Interesting stat I've just seen on Twitter, assuming it's true:

12 months since same day transfers. Edin #Dzeko has scored more goals than #carroll #suarez and #torres combined.
Nope not true. Edin has scored 19 in total I believe whilst Suarez has scored 12, Carroll 5 and Torres 5. Not even true for league only; Edin 12, Suarez 9, Carroll 4, Torres 3.

However, I think the guy is a fighter and will not settle until he improves. He had around 6-7 chances against Sunderland, three or four of which he created himself. Aguero missed the easiest chance against Sunderland which Edin had put on a plate for him. His second full 90 mins in just over 48 hours and he was running Liverpool's defence ragged (who'd had 4 days between matches). He seems to have veins of goal scoring not unlike Rooney. Maybe he'll hit another goal-scoring streak soon. But when he's not in amongst the goals he's causing countless problems for the opponent's defence and doing a decent job defensively too. He does need to improve his touch (which might be a confidence thing at the moment). We saw how good his touch could be earlier in the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.