Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

Mark my words, Edin Dzeko will finish the season as at least the third top scorer in the Premier League...after Van Persie (if he avoids injury, which I doubt) and Sergio Aguero. Not to be sniffed at. We should encourage the lad rather than moaning all the time.

Dzeko is suffering from a severe lack of confidence and it shows in his all round game. Dzeko confident and on form is 1 of the most unplayable strikers in the league but our rotation policy doesn't suit him.

jay_mcfc said:
I hope he starts again on Sunday, he needs a run of games

He seems to enjoy playing the rags so I'm with you on this. Id much prefer Mario over him though as once again last night, I thought Edin was awful. The problem with Edin is that he isnt as natural with a football as the majority of our team so when he has a shocker he stands out a mile. I hate seeing one of our players so low on confidence, he just needs a lucky break like Aguero had with his goal.

But I have always been unconvinced by his contribution and his place in our team, we shouldnt have to sacrifice our entire style of play for one player and luckily Mancini isnt the type who will.

Think the criticism on Dzeko is a bit unfair. He has shown he is capable of scoring goals for us, and seems to have a good attitude, and want's to stay here. He is in poor form right now.

But thing is, he isn't an glamorous striker like Balo or Aguero. He can be frustrating at times because when he is poor he can look like a donkey. When Balo or Aguero are poor they don't look like donkey's. When he is in form he is a goal machine and hold's up play well.

Mancini want's an option like him in his attack and you should respect that.

lionheart said:
Mark my words, Edin Dzeko will finish the season as at least the third top scorer in the Premier League...after Van Persie (if he avoids injury, which I doubt) and Sergio Aguero. Not to be sniffed at. We should encourage the lad rather than moaning all the time.

Hear, hear totally agree why do we feel the need to slag our own players off it's counter productive and only adds to bringing their confidence down.

We're top of the league for fooks sake, what more do you want?

Shame on those who are guilty, you know who you are.

Hes the left back remember said:
Had a few words with some of our 'fans' last night.
Youre shit Dzecko. Get the donkey off Mancini was just s few of the comments and I thought enough was enough.

Yep - not what any player wants to hear when confidence is low. That said Caroll got plenty of abuse form us (as opposition fans should do). But does anyone think out of the 2 out of form and low in confidence strikers Caroll looked better.

oddfellows said:
lionheart said:

Hear, hear totally agree why do we feel the need to slag our own players off it's counter productive and only adds to bringing confidence down.

we're top of the league for fooks sake, what more do you want?

Shame on those who are gulity, you know who you are.

First time I have commented on this thread,I keep wanting to give him benefit of the doubt,but....................poor am afraid,touch like an elephant

As for 3rd leading scorer in the league ? Is he going on loan somewhere ? Cause he wont get enough games at City in the second part of the season to score any.

Had 2 golden opportunities in last two games...and blew it

meeesh said:
oddfellows said:
lionheart said:

Hear, hear totally agree why do we feel the need to slag our own players off it's counter productive and only adds to bringing confidence down.

we're top of the league for fooks sake, what more do you want?

Shame on those who are gulity, you know who you are.

First time I have commented on this thread,I keep wanting to give him benefit of the doubt,but....................poor am afraid,touch like an elephant

As for 3rd leading scorer in the league ? Is he going on loan somewhere ? Cause he wont get enough games at City in the second part of the season to score any.

Had 2 golden opportunities in last two games...and blew it

He's human ffs.

What did you say after the Tottenham game?

Pray tell...

Got too say I thought he played pretty well last night. Gave 2 centre halves a tough game and involved in it all. Does not hide........which is more than can be said for some othervstrikers on the pitch last night.

svennis pennis said:
jay_mcfc said:
I hope he starts again on Sunday, he needs a run of games

He seems to enjoy playing the rags so I'm with you on this. Id much prefer Mario over him though as once again last night, I thought Edin was awful. The problem with Edin is that he isnt as natural with a football as the majority of our team so when he has a shocker he stands out a mile. I hate seeing one of our players so low on confidence, he just needs a lucky break like Aguero had with his goal.

But I have always been unconvinced by his contribution and his place in our team, we shouldnt have to sacrifice our entire style of play for one player and luckily Mancini isnt the type who will.

It just shows how much his luck is out at the moment, with that deflected shot that bobbled past the post. If he was on a scoring streak, that would've gone in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.