Dzeko Not Happy With Current Setup - Quotes

Keith Moon said:
The Sun has nicked these quotes from an interview he done with German Football magazine Kicker.

I wonder how good the translation is. My own experience with foreign interviews being translated back to the UK is that they tend to get away with a lot more misquoting or exaggerating than when the interview is done directly in English.

Be interesting to see if Dzeko plays any part in the game tonight. Personally I think he will as he has travelled with the squad and both Aguero and Tevez looked very sharp against Malaysia.

The quotes coupled with his lack of pre-season game time probably point towards the exit door. Don't blame him and wish him all the best if he goes. Will be a top signing for about 99% of clubs

The Fat el Hombre said:
The quotes coupled with his lack of pre-season game time probably point towards the exit door. Don't blame him and wish him all the best if he goes. Will be a top signing for about 99% of clubs

You don't think he'll get a game tonight?

danburge82 said:
adrianr said:
If the quotes are true or false, they're spot on. He did join to play matches, no quality footballer joins anywhere as a sub, and he's way too good to be sat on the bench. Whether this is something you come out with to the press knowing Mancini's stance on dissidents is another matter, though I'm sure he would bite your arm off to swap him for RVP given the chance anyway.
If Edin had played 38 games last season he would have scored as many an vP.

I think you could well be right. Aguero/Dzeko still always looked like the best and most balanced partnership to me. I don't think that's how Mancini feels though.

What is it about some city fans? They need to have a go at someone all the time. Dzeko scored plenty of important goals at important times. The lad is right, at the start of the season he was on fire, then got dropped and it broke his momentum. He didn't refuse to play or go off for 6 months, he stuck it out, came of the bench, played in the league cup and continued to contribute.
Not sure how this interview went, but he always seems to be happy here and wants to stay. I for one hope he stays!!!

Mister Appointment said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Yea I do, but he hasn't played so far. I didn't read into him not playing too much but with these quotes and our relentless pursuit of RVP I think he's on his way

pudge said:
He scored more than Mario did last season

I'm far from a Balotelli apologist because I find him an attention seeking baby with questionable professionalism - but Mad Mario does make goals too. Dzeko doesn't.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:37 pm --<br /><br />
Scotty76 said:
What is it about some city fans? They need to have a go at someone all the time. Dzeko scored plenty of important goals at important times. The lad is right, at the start of the season he was on fire, then got dropped and it broke his momentum. He didn't refuse to play or go off for 6 months, he stuck it out, came of the bench, played in the league cup and continued to contribute.
Not sure how this interview went, but he always seems to be happy here and wants to stay. I for one hope he stays!!!

He played in the League Cup? What else was he supposed to do? Refuse to play? That job falls to Tevez.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Mister Appointment said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Yea I do, but he hasn't played so far. I didn't read into him not playing too much but with these quotes and our relentless pursuit of RVP I think he's on his way

I see what you're saying and totally get that assessment. I've said a few times in the last week or so that for me it will come down to whether someone is prepared to pay what we want for Dzeko (or Tevez for that matter), before a move for Van Persie can materialise. We're in the position we are in with the likes of Adebayor because we decided to go out and buy replacements without first moving the player on. It creates a situation where you can rarely get what a player is worth because the buying club knows he's surplus to requirements. There's been a subtle shift even in the gaffer's attitude this summer in that he's said numerous times that the forward line he has won the title next season and he's happy with all four of them and the noises coming out of the club have been that Edin is not for sale.

Super David Silva 21 said:
I'd really like Dzeko to stay, he is a great player.

It will always amaze me how he was dropped at home to Wigan after scoring 4 at Spuds.
he was rested for the napoli game the following wednesday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.