Dzeko told to quit City

Papers trying to unsettle the team by putting the black mark on a few players. Now's not the time to discuss who's staying - concentrate on Sunday's match.

My unselfish reason for wanting him to stay is that I think he's a fantastic player and a good personality to have at the club, both of which will propel City as a club, My selfish reason for him staying is that I don't really want any other clubs to have him, especially English clubs like Arsenal or United.

At the end of the day it will all come down to what he wants and what he thinks is best for his career. Even though he's only behind Aguero in goals, he might not be satisfied with playing second fiddle to Balo/Tevez occasionally. I really don't imagine all four of them staying at City. At this point it's totally up in the air on which (or two of which) of Balo/Tevez/Dzeko will be shipped out, but there will probably some definite resolution in the summer. Keeping all four is unlikely.

Also of relevance is what kind of players Mancini is thinking of buying. If he's not considering wingers or fast build-up type players, then Dzeko's less likely to stay -- unless Mancini is super confident that Dzeko will adjust to the system we have now, or will have next season.

So far we have negative stories on both Yaya and Dzeko leaving.

Mirror just published one naming 8 City first team who will be 'let go'

And it's only Wednesday. They are desperate.

I'll be saddened if he does. He has become something of a sentimental favourite for me. He always looks like he is putting the effort in and you can see how much it means to him when he comes up big for the team. Ive read rumours that he, De Jong and Adam Johnson will all be booted out after the season. Cant say im too happy.

I would like to see more of him, especially as next season rolls around and we rotate our forwards through cup fixtures

Jimmy911 said:
If he leaves I wouldnt blame him..
It's a shame but I think he's wasted at City, and I think if he played for United or Arsenal he'd be banging em in

Reminds a bit of Gomez for Bayern.. Give him 2 good wingers he'll score for fun!

+1

EaglesFan said:
1) Watching QPR highlights on the OS is exactly the reason I want him to stay at City for another year. When on form he is a great f-ing player. With that game - he had 13 goals in 14 games on the season (WTF happened since then is mind boggling to me).

2) Who is to guarantee Tevez will stay? And IF he doesnt, considering that guys like Ibrahimovic, Cavanni, Llorente, Van Persie, etc will NOT be available (seems like) - who else would you rather have than him, honestly? Go through another year-long adjustment period/gamble with a new striker from a different country (Higuain? Lewandowski? who?)?
I'd personally rather have loyal, passionate, goal-hawk like Dzeko (with all his flaws).

3) Dzeko - Aguero OR Dzeko - Tevez generally worked very well for us. Up until QPR game (safe to say) Aguero and Dzeko were kicking ass and taking names.

Lot of pro's, honestly - BUT the question is whether EDIN is willing to take a back seat at times (like now)...if he is not - I dont blame him as he's proven player at 26...but I would not like to see him leave.

Yes. Agree 100%.
I would rather have Dzeko than Balo.
Edins got a great attitude and is a goal getter. Considering few games he played he scored plenty and gives Mancini alternative options. Some fans are just fickle. Mancini brought him and will keep him.

Ehh I think he'll stay and be our plan B/solution to park the bus teams when we buy a winger that is.

I think he will still be here next season,i think Balo will be the one to go so he will get more than his fair share of starts.

I think he would fit our system very well at Spurs. Idk if we could afford the wages though or if he would be sold to us. He would have to take a pay cut. But the way we play I think he would do very well with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.