Dzeko told to quit City

Ancient Citizen said:
Sigh said:
ccarsenalcounter.gif

He's shit. Get rid.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you are talking complete and utter shit. We are a team that can boast world class strikers and Dzeko is one of them, ie; he is part of a squad assembled mostly by Mancini with certain disciplines required of each team member. Add up how many goals Dzeko has scored since his arrival and then tell me who else in the league has matched it whilst competing for a place against the likes of Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.
Because, this season, we have had the unbelievable luxury of a team, the likes of which none of us has seen for forty odd years performing superbly and knocking in goals for fun, against the likes of the Rags and other top sides, when someone doesn't do that for 5 minutes he is perceived as a wanker.
I despair, sometimes.
futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-stupid-295f03.jpg

dzeko advocates seem to suggest that we should adapt our playing style to fit his strengths

that is ridiculous!!

unless your name is messi or ronaldo, you adapt to the team, not the other way around...

if he can't adapt, find someone who can...or preferably, someone who fits in naturally

like i said before, if we can get 20+ million for him, we could reinvest that cash MUCH more efficiently....how about a straight up swap: edin for eden!!

that goal stands out for me.

We have scored some fantastic team goals this season but the pace and simplicity of that goal was stunning.

one of the best goals I have ever seen us score.

toffee balls said:
that goal stands out for me.

We have scored some fantastic team goals this season but the pace and simplicity of that goal was stunning.

one of the best goals I have ever seen us score.

i was sitting in the arsenal section for that one with some gunner mates from work

didn't even bother trying to stifle my celebration. i lost some respect for the gunners that day, i at least deserved something thrown at me.

Ancient Citizen said:
Sigh said:
ccarsenalcounter.gif

He's shit. Get rid.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you are talking complete and utter shit. We are a team that can boast world class strikers and Dzeko is one of them, ie; he is part of a squad assembled mostly by Mancini with certain disciplines required of each team member. Add up how many goals Dzeko has scored since his arrival and then tell me who else in the league has matched it whilst competing for a place against the likes of Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.
Because, this season, we have had the unbelievable luxury of a team, the likes of which none of us has seen for forty odd years performing superbly and knocking in goals for fun, against the likes of the Rags and other top sides, when someone doesn't do that for 5 minutes he is perceived as a wanker.
I despair, sometimes.

I believe he is being sarcastic ;)

Good player could be great, helped us to the title. If he stays great if he feels he is under utilized and must leave to get more play I wish him the best.

He is not good enough for the entire team to be built around him and Aguero and Mario are Mancinis obvious choices.

Elcor said:
Ancient Citizen said:
Sigh said:
ccarsenalcounter.gif

He's shit. Get rid.

I despair, sometimes.
eve he is being sarcastic ;)
Yippee!

The people complaining about Dzeko also complain about no plan B. He's improved greatly this season from his initial half season.

didactic said:
Good player could be great, helped us to the title. If he stays great if he feels he is under utilized and must leave to get more play I wish him the best.

He is not good enough for the entire team to be built around him and Aguero and Mario are Mancinis obvious choices.
I don't think he needs an entire team built around him. I think he needs someone like Hazard (if we sign him) or Sanchez (whom I wish we had signed instead of stupid Barcelona) to be used to full effect.

didactic said:

But he doesn't need a team built around him; he just needs quick service from a rapid winger or a mid-fielder with vision. Given this, we would have our Plan B. I know that some believe that we have one already, but all we really have is Plan A with subs brought on to play in the same style, when a totally different pattern of attack may be needed.
Bringing on NDJ and throwing Yaya up only works because Yaya is such a superb player.
I'm told that Mancini chose Edin in the first place. If true, it was a blunder, since he could never fit comfortably in to our attack and that should have been obvious from his previous performances with other Clubs.
He could, imo, be vital to us next season, but if he is only used in an occasional Plan B, (with Hazard as provider for example) he will never give his best because he needs a sustained run to keep his form, as so many forwards do. A regular, but unpredictable swap between the two different styles would give opposition managers a real headache in deciding how to counter us and keep Edin match fit. Then watch the goals go in!

Just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.