Dzeko, what's his next move?

Dzeko is a decent striker but is he good enough for what we need?

He,scores goals....the stats show this so no argument there

My main problems

He has too many games where his performances are below par. He is inaffective.

He is nor a player that grabs the game by the,scruff of the neck. He won't win u a game when the team are underperforming...tevez did, Aguero does...world class strikers will.

I'm certainly not saying negredo is,any better as I've never seen him play that much.

But dzeko needs to up his game and his two performances in pre season suggest that at present he is nowhere near this. It should be his time ti really inpress, stamp his place in the squad especially with new arrivals....but he was very poor in both games

Dzekolol said:
samharris said:
Dzekolol said:
Galliani ain't no stupid to buy a donkey.

grow up ffs he's not a donkey.4 times now ive asked posters on here who think Dzeko is shite to put their money where their mouth is..

Ill bet you (if Dzeko stays) that hell score a minimum of 20 goals this season..
£100.00.

How say you.?? If hes the donkey you say he is then put up or shut up.
4 times? Make that £400 cool?

I wish..no ones got the bottle to back up their Dzeko is shite claims.. Or are you saying youll bet me £400.00..if so, hell yeah!!

samharris said:
Dzekolol said:
samharris said:
grow up ffs he's not a donkey.4 times now ive asked posters on here who think Dzeko is shite to put their money where their mouth is..

Ill bet you (if Dzeko stays) that hell score a minimum of 20 goals this season..
£100.00.

How say you.?? If hes the donkey you say he is then put up or shut up.

I wish..no ones got the bottle to back up their Dzeko is shite claims.. Or are you saying youll bet me £400.00..if so, hell yeah!!
Yep, £400.00 bet. DEAL

Dzekolol said:
samharris said:
Dzekolol said:

Yep, £400.00 bet. DEAL

Fantastic...paypal ok for you?? or if you're british based then bank tranfer is my prefered method..I paid someone on here for their Marathon sponsorship by transfer..

Ok then £400.00 it is.. I promise to pay you £400.00 if Dzeko fails to score 20 City goals this season in all competitions(not counting international goals).
This bet is only valid if Dzeko is a City player this whole season...

Is that acceptable for you or do you need more?? maybe youd like it to all go to your favourite charity ??

simon23 said:

My main problems

He is nor a player that grabs the game by the,scruff of the neck. He won't win u a game when the team are underperforming...tevez did, Aguero does...world class strikers will.

I'm certainly not saying negredo is,any better as I've never seen him play that much.

But dzeko needs to up his game and his two performances in pre season suggest that at present he is nowhere near this. It should be his time ti really inpress, stamp his place in the squad especially with new arrivals....but he was very poor in both games

These are the most common criticisms of Dzeko but I can't see how that makes him different from Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Raul and Van Nistelrooy and they were some of the best strikers in the world.

Comparatively Dzeko's poaching and heading has probably won us more under-par games than Tevez's all action style over the last couple of seasons. We can't have a team of number 10s and I think with realistic expectations of a number 9 Dzeko is one of the best below an elite tier of Falcao, Cavani and Lewandowski.

NQCitizen said:
simon23 said:

My main problems

These are the most common criticisms of Dzeko but I can't see how that makes him different from Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Raul and Van Nistelrooy and they were some of the best strikers in the world.

Comparatively Dzeko's poaching and heading has probably won us more under-par games than Tevez's all action style over the last couple of seasons. We can't have a team of number 10s and I think with realistic expectations of a number 9 Dzeko is one of the best below an elite tier of Falcao, Cavani and Lewandowski.

Agree with this apart from that he is below the level of Lewondowski and Cavani. Im not saying they wont prove to be better players than Dzeko its just that when Dzeko was in Germany he achieved as much as these guys in their respective leagues. If they can prove just as good in different leagues then maybe il saying they are a level above.

samharris said:
Dzekolol said:
samharris said:
Yep, £400.00 bet. DEAL

Fantastic...paypal ok for you?? or if you're british based then bank tranfer is my prefered method..I paid someone on here for their Marathon sponsorship by transfer..

Ok then £400.00 it is.. I promise to pay you £400.00 if Dzeko fails to score 20 City goals this season in all competitions(not counting international goals).

Is that acceptable for you or do you need more?? maybe youd like it to all go to your favourite charity ??

What happens if he scores 20 before being transferred in January?

The way Spurs and Arsenal are going, I wouldn't be surprised if either makes a panicky bid for Dzeko before long. Both have let main targets slip buy and if Arsenal miss out on Suarez, their fans will be at the gates with pitchforks.

Manx Blue said:
samharris said:
Dzekolol said:
Yep, £400.00 bet. DEAL

20 goals is the bet and he has to be here long enough to score them, if he scores 20 goals before Jan then I win, if it takes him til the last game of the season then I win. If hes sold in Jan and he hasnt scored 20 goals then the bet is off.

Some donkey if he scores 20 goals by jan.

samharris said:
Manx Blue said:
samharris said:

20 goals is the bet and he has to be here long enough to score them, if he scores 20 goals before Jan then I win, if it takes him til the last game of the season then I win. If hes sold in Jan and he hasnt scored 20 goals then the bet is off.

Some donkey if he scores 20 goals by jan.
I don't think your bet should be nullified if he's sold. In that case, the player has failed to live up to expectations; otherwise, he wouldn't be sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.