Dzeko, what's his next move?

pudge said:
Mountaineer said:
Lol @ that dumbass counting every match dzeko ever played. He didn't even play as a striker in the Bosnian league you twit. He began playing as a striker later when people realized how beastly he was in front of goal.
And?

He and Sergio have both played out of position for us, the games still count.

Also, the name calling aimed at the poster is unnecessary
Lmfao yea a striker is going to score as many goals as a midfielder. Either compare them from the time they both started playing as strikers, or don't compare them because anything else is apples and oranges.

And dzeko's seasons in Germany are just as impressive as any season Aguero has ever had.

Fr example: 26 goals and 10 assists

Those are world class numbers. And he did that in a much weaker club than City.

The most Aguero has EVER scored in a single season is 23. So while I agree that Aguero is the more well rounded PLAYER, there is nothing that shows he is so ASTRONOMICALLY better as a PURE STRIKER, like everyone here seems to think so.

Mountaineer said:
pudge said:
Mountaineer said:
Lol @ that dumbass counting every match dzeko ever played. He didn't even play as a striker in the Bosnian league you twit. He began playing as a striker later when people realized how beastly he was in front of goal.
And?

Lmfao yea a striker is going to score as many goals as a midfielder. Either compare them from the time they both started playing as strikers, or don't compare them because anything else is apples and oranges.

And dzeko's seasons in Germany are just as impressive as any season Aguero has ever had.

The most Aguero has EVER scored in a single season is 23. So while I agree that Aguero is the more well rounded PLAYER, there is nothing that shows he is so ASTRONOMICALLY better as a PURE STRIKER, like everyone here seems to think so.
I imagine the poster didn't get the opportunity to watch much Czech Republic and Bosnian domestic football to be fair.

Hardly warrants your derision. Your problem with his post is with only one point, seems as though you are either deflecting from the bulk of it or just choosing to ignore it.

Out of curiosity, when did he start playing as a striker?

pudge said:
Mountaineer said:
pudge said:
And?

I imagine the poster didn't get the opportunity to watch much Czech Republic and Bosnian domestic football to be fair.

Hardly warrants your derision.

When it's convenient to the poster's argument I would venture.

Also my favorite assertion of the discussion goes to noise where he said that Dzeko can't run because he's 6'4". I fear for noise's sanity if he ever watches basketball and sees those dudes gracefully motoring up and down the court.

taconinja said:
pudge said:
Mountaineer said:

Hardly warrants your derision.

When it's convenient to the poster's argument I would venture.

Also my favorite assertion of the discussion goes to noise where he said that Dzeko can't run because he's 6'4". I fear for noise's sanity if he ever watches basketball and sees those dudes gracefully motoring up and down the court.
I have made an assertion that taller players have a harder time constantly running. They tend to run in bursts.

"In the 2012 season, the player that ran the farthest per game was Luol Deng of the Chicago Bulls, who averaged 2.72 miles per game."

"Soccer: it's not uncommon for a player to average seven miles per game. Seven! SportVU has tracked players running as much as 9.5 miles in a game."

I used to follow basketball yes. Got only time for soccer in my old age. I am also an avid boxing fan, and I used to train boxing myself. Similarly heavy weights don't punch nowhere near as many punches as lightweight boxers.

Also sprint runners tend to be taller (Usain Bolt) while average height for a marathon runner is 5'5". I see Dzeko constantly get criticized for not running as much as 5'8 players.

noise said:
kun said:
noise said:
Yes I did and it was oh so worth it, haven't had this much fun in a while :)

As far as goals/created chances, not sure how it disagrees with my overall point, which is that Dzeko outperformed Aguero in the league.
More goals, more goals per game, more goals against bigger sides, better goals, more goals from further out, more chances created, less cards. All of this with 3 separate injuries, while Dzeko stay injury-free. How are you not seeing this?
More goals? WTF? In the league?

Aguero scored less league goals, also had less assists, as far as bigger sides go, Dzeko didn't even play in the last two games against ManU and Chelsea, pretty hard to score from a bench don't you think?

Also as far as your stats go, they heavily favor goals per game, and since we know Dzeko gets less playing time than Aguero and is often used as a sub, this stat would be heavily slanted in Aguero's favor, this is why goals per minute is a far more valuable mean of comparison. (you can't compaire Dzeko's 10 minutes as a sub to Aguero's full 90 the same.)

Yeah Aguero had 3 separate injuries, yet somehow still got more consistent playing time, and far more starts than Dzeko.

-- Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:31 am --

pudge said:
To be fair, you still haven't addressed why you wrote it in the first place?
noise said:
Which would officially put him ahead of Aguero in all competitions. But who's splitting hairs?
Now that we have clarified you did in fact write it, thanks to kun whose debt I am forever in.
It was my brainfart, which I promtly edited. Why is it so important to catch me being wrong for once? lol

He got less playing time because he was shit when he started games. Was only effective when he came off the bench. Pointing out that Aguero got more playing time despite being injured on and off all season just proves the fact. If Dzeko had been effective when he started games he'd have recieved more playing time.

Mr. Aguia said:
noise said:
kun said:
More goals, more goals per game, more goals against bigger sides, better goals, more goals from further out, more chances created, less cards. All of this with 3 separate injuries, while Dzeko stay injury-free. How are you not seeing this?
More goals? WTF? In the league?

Aguero scored less league goals, also had less assists, as far as bigger sides go, Dzeko didn't even play in the last two games against ManU and Chelsea, pretty hard to score from a bench don't you think?

Also as far as your stats go, they heavily favor goals per game, and since we know Dzeko gets less playing time than Aguero and is often used as a sub, this stat would be heavily slanted in Aguero's favor, this is why goals per minute is a far more valuable mean of comparison. (you can't compaire Dzeko's 10 minutes as a sub to Aguero's full 90 the same.)

Yeah Aguero had 3 separate injuries, yet somehow still got more consistent playing time, and far more starts than Dzeko.

-- Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:31 am --

pudge said:
To be fair, you still haven't addressed why you wrote it in the first place?

Now that we have clarified you did in fact write it, thanks to kun whose debt I am forever in.
It was my brainfart, which I promtly edited. Why is it so important to catch me being wrong for once? lol

He got less playing time because he was shit when he started games. Was only effective when he came off the bench. Pointing out that Aguero got more playing time despite being injured on and off all season just proves the fact. If Dzeko had been effective when he started games he'd have recieved more playing time.
O rly?

* Goals in FIRST HALF: Dzeko 8; Aguero 4: Tevez 3.

Wasn't there also a whole part of a season where Dzeko earned his super sub nickname for rescuing the "superior" Aguero-Tevez duo with late goals? Do you think you would even remember Dzeko's effectiveness as a sub if Aguero-Tevez were not struggling?

He will have one year left on his deal next summer. I can't believe the execs at City will let him run that down without either an extension this summer or a sale.

Blue Haze said:
He will have one year left on his deal next summer. I can't believe the execs at City will let him run that down without either an extension this summer or a sale.

He can stay and watch Negredo and Jovetic bang em in for fun while sitting in the stand or seek a move for footy elsewhere!

Ha! Unfortunately the Negredo and Jovetic signings haven't improved our strike force one bit, they'll be squad players. Jovetic certainly won't be banging em in as you suggest!! The most important addition to City's squad in two years is Navas, and Dzeko is the player that will benefit the most from him joining us. Get some money on Dzeko for top scorer in the Prem this season. The odds will be quite tasty - and of course lots of you will try and explain that that's because he's rubbish. Zzzzzz.

Mark my words - 25 league goals for our Edin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.