Dzeko

The Fat el Hombre said:
Early days yet and he hasn't adapted to the prem so isn't playing anywhere near the best of his ability.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE, FOR 27 MILLION POUNDS

Needs to play ten yards further upfield.

He is being done no favours being asked to play a dropping into midfield shielding player.

Had one of those games last night, thinking too much, forcing it, rather than letting it flow.

He's already paid his fee back in real terms, scoring the winner at Blackburn.

Dzeko has the right attitude and you believe he will make it work.

Balotelli has the right talent, but you wonder if he will make it work.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Blue Haze said:
Let's just put this to bed before the thread gets going.

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/player_ratings/2010-2011/6117233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... 11/6117233</a>

He's judged by others who saw the game and left a rating at MEN as the 2nd worst player in the City side.

So to say that it's "some fans on here" is bollocks. And to say that so many people "don't know football" is a tired cliche. Were we just imagining that chance he kicked into the 8th row halfway between the flag and post? No, we did not. So give it a rest.

He has good work rate and marked up well a few times in the box. But he's a striker and gave the ball away in a number of shocking situations. His primary job is not to mark. And he wasted two opportunities.

' . . . . . spurned early chance to score and would have done himself a few favours with more effort.'

Right on the first bit but 'spurned' implies that he was indifferent to the outcome. The second is pure bullshit. He spent ninety mins working off his bollox. Not once, when his first touch let him down, did he go and disappear like Ade might have done, and not once did he let his head drop. I think he is trying hard to get back to his Wolfsburg form, and I see similarities in the trouble Lescott had when he first came - big fee, high expectations, etc. Dzeko is gonna be one player who will be well-worth the money.

100% this.

How long did Shrek go without a goal? His first touch was utterly dire and he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Players go through these phases - it's all about confidence, which is a fragile thing.

I was quite impressed with him last night, he missed a couple of chances, but the main one was a little unlucky, Cudicini didn't so much save it, as it his him, yes Edin should probably have put it a yard either side of him, but it was a snapshot. Otherwise I thought his movement was excellent, his efforts were as good as anyone else, his first touch much improved, and his hold up and lay off play was fine (compare and contrast with the lump at the other end - though he did at least manage a tap in).

One of his best games for us for me, but he's probably trying too hard like all strikers at a new club who aren't scoring.

under mancini city dont play the attacking style thats suits Dzeko with most attacks going down the middle through silva . dzeko his a box player who feeds off the crosses from wide areas so i cant see him being the real deal for us .

The Fat el Hombre said:
col40 said:
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE, FOR 27 MILLION POUNDS

It takes as long as it takes, regardless of how much was spent on him

All top players settle quick,not being bitchy at all, reading everywhere today he wants Ibram another striker, we have Dzeko and Balotelli, if he get Ibram them 2 on bench again, if he rates them no need for another forward.

In my opinion mate

cleavers said:
I was quite impressed with him last night, he missed a couple of chances, but the main one was a little unlucky, Cudicini didn't so much save it, as it his him, yes Edin should probably have put it a yard either side of him, but it was a snapshot. Otherwise I thought his movement was excellent, his efforts were as good as anyone else, his first touch much improved, and his hold up and lay off play was fine (compare and contrast with the lump at the other end - though he did at least manage a tap in).

One of his best games for us for me, but he's probably trying too hard like all strikers at a new club who aren't scoring.

Spot on - I think he played quite well too. Compared to Balotelli at least he puts in a full shift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.