Eberechi Eze

I'm not convinced that City would value the player that highly, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Palace asked for given his importance to them, how late in the window the bid is, and the fact that we were seemingly willing to spend a similar amount on Paqueta.
This by Palace seems likely (if they have been approached). I don’t see much to choose between Paqueta and Ese personally, although I certainly won’t be bothered if we don’t sign Ese and we are not interested In Paqueta now..

No player is worth that !! but this is big business we're talking not poundsaver.
He was worth that to Villa so we had to pay the money or else we dont get him.
I don't agree I think a lot of players are worth that and some. Haaland, KDB, dias, rodri. Grealish's great and has shined but when I ask myself could the money have been spent at the time on a different winger for what i'd consider to be similar/better results I think it's possible

He did try. Look, I like the guy as a player. Do I think he's an elite attacking mid? No. Do I think he can become a very, very good one in our squad under Pep? Yes. 90 mil for me should get you a near elite level middie. Forget the bullshit going on in the Prem. Outside of Bellingham who is considered to be on an entirely different level 90 mil is still considered to be a shit ton on the continent. You do realize that 90 mil in France, Spain, Italy, and Portugal is still considered to be big, big money.

That said, are you telling me that on the face of last night's game alone not knowing we have an interest and a need you would come away from watching with the thought that Eze would be someone we should pursue? I've seen him be impressive many times, but please stop trying to tell me he was impressive yesterday v. Arsenal...

For the record, I've NEVER been one to question the club's moves in terms of who we want to buy or sell and especially for how much. I tend to pay attention to how we play, who plays, where and when, injuries, tactics, opponents, and such. This one at this amount just struck me in a weird way.

If we do wind up getting Eze regardless of the fee then it's onward and upward for me...
I agree with this completely mate. Why the rant? All I said was he was quite good last match in my eye. I will happily stop trying to tell you he was impressive against Arsenal. Relax lad. He was solid.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if he was or wasn't impressive yesterday vs arsenal, come on people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.