Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by mccity, 12 Aug 2018.

1. sir baconface

sir baconface

I love that Ed’s thoroughly competent but totally unorthodox. That makes him more interesting and entirely compatible with a team that’s breaking moulds and breaking records.

2. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

3. oldius

oldius

I think he is improving with his feet, even though he was already at a very high level. Recently, he seems to be able to pick out that central position with absolute assurance and accuracy. The defenders seem to know exactly what he will do too. What a buy.

4. Postman Pep

Postman Pep

Remember a quote from Pep mentioning Bayern playing Benfica and being amazed by his distribution(especially at long range) Must have been difficult to get him in 2016 (work permit maybe?) So there's your man for the pay rise!

5. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

I think because Allison is tall and good looking people want him to succeed for unconscious reasons. Meanwhile Ederson looks like one the bad guys from Mad Max II.

6. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I’m sure he was a hit man in Narcos as well.

7. BigOscar

BigOscar

Love the mad bastard. He's like no other keeper, from the way he passes, but more from the way he's constantly on the front foot. He's given away a couple of penalties, but it doesn't deter him at all and tbh it's the biggest difference between Pep's first season and where we are now, teams cannot get in behind us easily anymore as he's made the margin for error so small on those passes by being so proactive

8. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

That point blank save Eddie made with his feet from Troy Deeny I think at 0-0 was world class, I did critisize him abit about the Bournemouth goal, but I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper.

9. TravisBickle

TravisBickle

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else either.
    He’s that good with his feet it’s like we have a player advantage over the rest with him in the team.

10. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

And that is why there is such a clamour to label people WC.

IMO it was far from world class