Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Ed’s thoroughly competent but totally unorthodox. That makes him more interesting and entirely compatible with a team that’s breaking moulds and breaking records.

th

I think he is improving with his feet, even though he was already at a very high level. Recently, he seems to be able to pick out that central position with absolute assurance and accuracy. The defenders seem to know exactly what he will do too. What a buy.

I keep hearing that Allison is this fantastic goalkeeper thats cool with the ball at his feet, yet when I watched the miseryside derby on Sunday he just did short balls out the box got it back and hoofed it up field, no cutting edge play from the back that turned into attack just standard boot up field to try and find a shadow that used to be No Salad . Eddie is a unique player almost a one off I cannot imagine him in any other team, it just wouldn't work who was the person that identified Eddie as being the fit ? That person needs a pay rise !
Remember a quote from Pep mentioning Bayern playing Benfica and being amazed by his distribution(especially at long range) Must have been difficult to get him in 2016 (work permit maybe?) So there's your man for the pay rise!

I keep hearing that Allison is this fantastic goalkeeper thats cool with the ball at his feet, yet when I watched the miseryside derby on Sunday he just did short balls out the box got it back and hoofed it up field, no cutting edge play from the back that turned into attack just standard boot up field to try and find a shadow that used to be No Salad . Eddie is a unique player almost a one off I cannot imagine him in any other team, it just wouldn't work who was the person that identified Eddie as being the fit ? That person needs a pay rise !
I think because Allison is tall and good looking people want him to succeed for unconscious reasons. Meanwhile Ederson looks like one the bad guys from Mad Max II.

Love the mad bastard. He's like no other keeper, from the way he passes, but more from the way he's constantly on the front foot. He's given away a couple of penalties, but it doesn't deter him at all and tbh it's the biggest difference between Pep's first season and where we are now, teams cannot get in behind us easily anymore as he's made the margin for error so small on those passes by being so proactive

That point blank save Eddie made with his feet from Troy Deeny I think at 0-0 was world class, I did critisize him abit about the Bournemouth goal, but I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper.

That point blank save Eddie made with his feet from Troy Deeny I think at 0-0 was world class, I did critisize him abit about the Bournemouth goal, but I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper.

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else either.
He’s that good with his feet it’s like we have a player advantage over the rest with him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.