Ederson or Hart. Who gets into the team of the decade?

Hart without a doubt. Completely agree that because people dislike him as a bloke they discredit what he did in the shirt, some of the performances especially in the CL (Barca,Bayern, Dortmund) were incredible. Don't think Ederson has ever had a game like that, although that said we are a much better side now and I hope he never has to have a game like that.

Hart was capable of incredible performances in individual games but over the season he would make too many mistakes to be classed as a world class keeper

Eddies best is not up there with hart but he is way more consistent, he’s also light years ahead in composure and distribution

Eddy is the better overall keeper

Still Hart right now, it can't be underestimated how vital he was for us in winning 2 titles, made incredible saves at crucial times and was a leader, change needed to happen when it did. Ederson is a freak of nature in terms of what he offers to our team, theres simply nobody else anywhere near like him out thefe, the yaya toure of the goalkeepers in that respect. whilst Hart in his prime is arguably a better keeper, in a few more years Ederson will comfortably overtake him

I think many of you underestimate Ederson's shot stopping. To be fair he hasn't had the sort of games Hart had here when his goal was being peppered with shots, being busy is always good for a keepers highlight reel.

I don’t see much difference in their shot stopping ability, I think Ederson controls his area better, more composed but not lacking Hart's type aggression when necessary and the ball playing skills are not comparable.

Loved Hart but Ederson is better.
Spot on

With respect to your last paragraph I would add “so long as the shot is not to his left and low down” !!!
Well that was just the last season or so. I wonder if there was some issue with his eyes, he seemed to suddenly develop a blind spot. One on ones, the best ever.

Sometimes luck is in your favour. Joe was an okay keeper in a very good side. He joined us at just the right time when money needed to be spent in other positions. He hasn't lost form just got found out in a mid table side where he had more work to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.