Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edin is like that part of the nursery rhyme,''When he is good he is very very good and when he is bad he is horrid!''

Yesterday and on far too many days he is the latter i am afraid.

Here's the MEN's assessment of Dzeko's cup final display.....

DZEKO: Surprise selection to play alongside Aguero with Negredo left on the bench. His first touch was a misplaced pass that went out of play which set the tone for his performance. An off day can be forgiven but he didn't work hard enough to make up for it, despite Pellegrini reminding him more than once. 5.

Can't say I disagree with this, he was our worst player on the day, never threatened the Sunderland goal and didn't put enough effort into the rest of his game to make up for it. People who are under the impression his performance was anything other than disappointing are pretty much impossible to sensibly debate Dzeko with. If you're essentially happy with the way he played, or the level of effort he put in then you either fall into the "don't understand football" category, or else into the "blinkered when it comes to Dzeko" category, both of which exclude you from sensible football conversations.

Im in agreement with the above,in fact,when Fletcher came on for them,i immediately thought he looked livelier and more of a threat,certainly he had a greater urgency and desire than our boy.

As has been mentioned in other threads,a player like Bony,or even Remy, would give us much more imo.

FantasyIreland said:
Im in agreement with the above,in fact,when Fletcher came on for them,i immediately thought he looked livelier and more of a threat,certainly he had a greater urgency and desire than our boy.

As has been mentioned in other threads,a player like Bony,or even Remy, would give us much more imo.
I'm not sure Bony is good enough for where City want to be going, Remy possibly is a better option, but again, he's a little too inconsistent for my liking.

I think most would agree that, with Dzeko's contract having just 12 months to run when the summer arrives, and with a new one not really looking like it's on the horizon, there's a very strong chance he'll be sold before next season starts. I think that's the right thing to do. He has his strengths, things he does well, but the issue is, and always will be, consistency. His good days are very good indeed, but there's not enough of them, and when he's not having one of his good days then the rest of his game isn't good enough to compensate for it.

Part of the problem with Dzeko though is his overinflated sense of self worth,he expects to be higher up the pecking order,as such,when he gets an opportunity,IMO,his play can often be selfish and lacking a team ethic as he feels he needs to prove it was wrong to previously exclude him - this sometimes then backfires as he doesn't perform to his best.

A Player like Bony,or Remy,given their profiles.....would maybe be more team orientated and more accepting of the 'reserve' role?

After 3 years and 2 managers he's had plenty of time and opportunity to prove himself at this level and for me it's time for him to move on while we still might be able to get some money for him. Problem is his lack of consistency means that he is not dependable as a back up striker but frustratingly he's the one striker who never gets injured (is this because his work rate is lower than Aguero's). There are other strikers out there who could offer us more.

as Gary Owen said to us "Edin can trap a ball further than he can kick it!"

The fastest Edin moved on Sunday was when he tried to strangle Nasri, in the celebration after Nasri scored.

Every goal he scores at the world cup will put 5million euros on his value so if we do sell him we should get £20mill +

But why sell a guy who virtually guarantees you 20 goals a season despite rarely getting a prolonged run in the team - what other 3rd choice striker will give us that ?

On his memorably long lasting walk to be substituted at Wembley why didn't he once applaud the fans though even though we were singing his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.