Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revolver said:
I like Dzeko and too many City fans take for granted the fact that he scores a lot of goals.

However for a bloke his size he should win more headers and hold the play up better.

In order to do so, he would need to up his physiqual game and improuve his fitness level.
In my opinion, this is what separates him from the other strikers we have.
His top speed, acceleration, and body strengh are averrage at most, hence why, even when he puts in a real shift like today,
he won't dominate, nor shine.

He is shocking - dreadful first touch, wins very little in the air, yes he scored but needed two sitters to do it.

He had Silva up there chasing everything and he was strolling round most of the match

Even when he does play well, some people can't bring themselves to admit it. He is wearing a city shirt so support him.

Cant understand the blinkered bias agianst some of our players i have criticised Dzeko for not being a team player , but he was very good today , he won a lot possession , free kicks , throw ins etc that took the pressure of the team , and he defended well in our 6 yard box , It takes a big man too admit your wrong , just hope edin proves me wrong for the next 10 games .

I never fancy him in a one- to-one with the keeper - I think having to make choices confuses him , but his instinctive one touch finishing in the box is impressive . He wasn't looking at the goal at all when he scored - he just knew exactly where he was , where the goal was , and where he was going to put it .
Mind you , that pass from Silva deserved a great finish.

Played very well today I thought, did well with the ball on the ground and dropped deep and defended when needed.

Only gripe would be for him to jump more rather than constantly back in to the defender but he was never going to have much joy if we kept hoofing the ball up to him with him up there by himself.

Poor Edin, he get's some unreasonable stick from some people.

Worked hard today - both as a lone striker and defending at set-pieces after we lost Vinny. Oh, and he scored the winner.

More performances like today, please!

Dzeko played well, often alone as we were down to 10 feeding off scraps. Shame the ref didn't spot the constant shoulder holding when a ball was played in the air to him and was unlucky to have a foul called against him when he dicked the defender. Had a few chances and put one away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.