Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certina said:
Dzeko is a good player... Am new in here and se a lots of Dzeko haters.. the questen is why ?? He dont deserve it !
welcome to the bluemoon website you will get use to it there are some knobs on here.

A lone stickers role is being a real nuisance, chasing lost causes, holding the ball up and just being a real handful for defences!
He's not a poor player by any means but he has to start using his physical presence more!
He's good in the air as we've all seen on occasions but for a big guy he should be winning (and participating in) far more aerial battles than he does!
For me he's frustrating because he could consistently put far more physical effort in to nearly every facet of his game than he does!
Worked hard against Barca in midweek but nowhere near as hard today! Why is that?

dctid said:
Makes me cringe some of the shit he gets

Sure he deserves it sometime but the idea he dont give a shit is bollocks - he aint ever going to be one of these players that run all over the place like Aguero

He was isloated today worked hard missed a sitter scored another

Dont get it - he seems to be the new whipping boy

i think thats the point and what splits opinion, he isn't going to charge about like mad and if you were someone who played like that at whatever level you can't believe the lack of effort he seems to put in, but if you were more laid back you cant see the problem, i personally can't believe some are saying he put in a good shift

His anticipation is none existent he only reacts to things as they happen and hopes to get on them Never takes a gamble and just go for it !! He would get 25 /30 goals a season if he did !! .

Dzeko is a top striker. He might just win the league for us. If we want to get the best out of him, he should play on his own with at least one winger in the team, preferably Jesus Navas.

When we have 3 attacking midfielders behind Dzeko, we become too narrow .. and that doesn't suit Dzeko in my opinion.

Would love to see this until the end of the season:

=======Dzeko====

Nasri===Silva===Navas

He worked his bollocks off today. He's not a top player so when you see top players like Silva and Nasri around him he seems worse than he is. But he's okay. Never going to be top class so stop expecting him to be.

He has had some poor performances and I think he's a bit of a wimp. He's also been a disgrace on one or two occasions. But today he put a proper shift in. His movement was very good and created space for others numerous times. He was patient in possession most of the time. He couldn't muster up a short sprint come the end of the game, such was the effort he'd put in.

More of that effort and some good all round performances may follow. And they usually do when he's confident so some compliments from the boss and his goal may give him that which will be great while Kun is out.

birchwoodgingerste said:
mmc said:
He's a better lone striker than negredo, he is clumsy and frustrating so I understand the critics but he's been doing a good job in general this season. I'd sell in the summer but i can't understand why people are so harsh.

diego costa would be an ideal replacement.

Diego costa/Negredo wouldnt be happy, i'd buy a young striker and a left winger, correa and markovic if it was up to me.

Anyone who understands just what happened today, and how going down a player changes dynamics for strikers - could not slag Edin's performance.

People keep expecting him to be Hussain Bolt, and keep failing to realise this is not Dzeko, nor is that what the coaches expect or ask from him (cause unlike some dumba$$es on here Peller's knows what he's doing actually).

Dzeko's presence and movement draws a lot of attention. Look at Barca game - Dzeko coming on simply changed a lot of things, cause he is just completely different player from the likes of Kun/Nasri/Silva...doesnt (nor can) run like aforementioned, but brings other things to the table.

Some here really have a tunnel vision when it comes to the game of football...City should just sign 10 marathon runners, or sprinters....and we'd have a team, right?

Riiiight.

EaglesFan said:
Anyone who understands just what happened today, and how going down a player changes dynamics for strikers - could not slag Edin's performance.

People keep expecting him to be Hussain Bolt, and keep failing to realise this is not Dzeko, nor is that what the coaches expect or ask from him (cause unlike some dumba$$es on here Peller's knows what he's doing actually).

Dzeko's presence and movement draws a lot of attention. Look at Barca game - Dzeko coming on simply changed a lot of things, cause he is just completely different player from the likes of Kun/Nasri/Silva...doesnt (nor can) run like aforementioned, but brings other things to the table.

Some here really have a tunnel vision when it comes to the game of football...City should just sign 10 marathon runners, or sprinters....and we'd have a team, right?

Riiiight.

He certainly does. That's why he's invariably on the bench when Aguero & Negrado are fully fit.

Decent 3rd striker when he puts a shift in though......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.