Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
citymad said:
It must be so difficult playing the lone striker. There was times today I was screaming at Edin to chase the ball down when the defender was only a couple of yards away. I felt he wasn't working hard enough and it was like playing with 9 men. However, I think as fans we need to realise that he has to preserve his energy for 90 mins and help out his defense when called upon. He cant run around like a Tevez or an Aguero. He's not built for speed. That headed clearance from a corner late was a great bit of defending and was arguably as important to his goal today. Overall he had a good game capped off by a terrific finish although I still think he has the capability of being better at controlling that ball and laying it off more accurately.

Way too reasonable for this thread, mate!

CaliforniaBlue said:
citymad said:
It must be so difficult playing the lone striker. There was times today I was screaming at Edin to chase the ball down when the defender was only a couple of yards away. I felt he wasn't working hard enough and it was like playing with 9 men. However, I think as fans we need to realise that he has to preserve his energy for 90 mins and help out his defense when called upon. He cant run around like a Tevez or an Aguero. He's not built for speed. That headed clearance from a corner late was a great bit of defending and was arguably as important to his goal today. Overall he had a good game capped off by a terrific finish although I still think he has the capability of being better at controlling that ball and laying it off more accurately.

The problem I have with Dzeko is his issues with finishing. We saw it today. We really saw it against Wigan. He should have had at least 2 goals in that game.

You add the fact that he is sort of lazy. You can call it preserving energy. It's the same thing. And now you pretty much have the worst striker on the team. Every other striker we have offers a lot more up front. Negredo is a bull with better finishing, Jovetic has fantastic dribbling skills and has better finishing. I don't think I need to go over why Aguero is a better option.

HazeM3 said:
he doesn't help defensively he sucks, he does help defensively he sucks. He runs his socks off he sucks, he looks lazy on the pitch he sucks. He scores he sucks, he doesn't score he sucks. LMFAO.
Today he did best he could, he was the only man up front and was constantly backtracking, yet he still managed to be dangerous in front of Hull's goal.
Defended corners on multiple occasions and maybe even prevented Jelavic from scoring with a good defensive header.
He get his shot saved by goalkeeper and people on here saying he missed a sitter?? Whilst Fern literally misses a sitter and he doesn't get much shit for it. Oh yeah, Dzeko also scored, killed every Hulls hope of getting any points from this game.

I thought todays game was great, everyone contributed and worked hard whole game. It was a heroic performance with a man down. And we still have Dzeko haters ( yes i can officially say that) running their mouths on here. Just goes to show that some people just straight hate Dzeko and I cannot take their assessment of his performances seriously, because its fueled by hate.

Remember when the Bosnian fans booed Dzeko LOL?

Dzeko is a very good striker and if he was to leave he would continue to score important goals for another club.

Like most strikers he plays best when his confidence his high, fans are behind him and he has a smile on his face like people have said he isn't the type to chase the ball down but he did a job yesterday and will continue to do a job. Fans getting on his back does not help. Same with Demichelis and Garcia.

Watched the season review of our title winning year today. Dzeko seemed so much more confident on the ball then. Backed his instincts and was willing to run with it a lot more. Showed signs of it a few months ago when Aguero was injured but has lost it since.

I thought he was ok yesterday. Got into the game more as it went on. Did well defensively but still has to do more in attack imo. Yes he scored a goal (which I am very thankful for) but that covered up his flaws earlier in the game. Not trying to have a go at him, he made some important defensive headers but I still think he has a lot more to offer. He needs to back himself more.

foetus said:
Watched the season review of our title winning year today. Dzeko seemed so much more confident on the ball then. Backed his instincts and was willing to run with it a lot more. Showed signs of it a few months ago when Aguero was injured but has lost it since.

I thought he was ok yesterday. Got into the game more as it went on. Did well defensively but still has to do more in attack imo. Yes he scored a goal (which I am very thankful for) but that covered up his flaws earlier in the game. Not trying to have a go at him, he made some important defensive headers but I still think he has a lot more to offer. He needs to back himself more.

That run of form coincided with the transfer window, and i expect him to get better the closer we get to the end of the season too.

nick3131 said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
citymad said:

The problem I have with Dzeko is his issues with finishing. We saw it today. We really saw it against Wigan. He should have had at least 2 goals in that game.

You add the fact that he is sort of lazy. You can call it preserving energy. It's the same thing. And now you pretty much have the worst striker on the team. Every other striker we have offers a lot more up front. Negredo is a bull with better finishing, Jovetic has fantastic dribbling skills and has better finishing. I don't think I need to go over why Aguero is a better option.

You are talking about the Negredo who was replaced by his non footballer twin brother over the Xmas period.

We will need a confident Dzeko and Negredo to return to form if senate going to win the league.

The_Maverick said:
Can't remember who said it but agree with the post about the fact he is much better when working on instinct. When he's got time he seems to overthink what he's going to do.

To his credit, after having the shot saved in the 1 on 1 situation to be faced with something similar only a minute later he made amends. How many times have players froze or cocked up when that has happened?

He had a couple of seconds and looked up before he shot. That was sublime assist from Merlin. Video:

http://vimeo.com/89219852

birchwoodgingerste said:
mmc said:
He's a better lone striker than negredo, he is clumsy and frustrating so I understand the critics but he's been doing a good job in general this season. I'd sell in the summer but i can't understand why people are so harsh.

diego costa would be an ideal replacement.

He'd also want regular 1st team action..

when will people understand this and get it into their heads..Edin is basically 3rd choice,some on here say 4th choice behind Jovetic..Costa wouldnt come here to be 3rd choice..

Oh we could demote Negredo to third choice to allow this..

all sorted!! :)

It's going to be sad to see him go. Because I think the squad likes him. He seems to have a good friendship/relationship with most players. But I am convinced this is his last season at City.

Pretty sure he'll be at Dortmund next season. We should stand behind him for these last two months, forget the bad and give him support for everything good he's done for the team. And in return we just might get a confident Dzeko that can help us win the league once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.