Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere he had 7 goals 8 assists in the month of January. His work ethic has been great and so has been his overall game. Well deserved.

steveb15 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
With a very poor finish to the month you can only imagine Bosnians went in hard on this vote.

The month ended with a 5-1 victory at Tottenham in which Dzeko made a good contribution. Admittedly he missed chances too but most strikers do. Certainly nothing happened you could describe as "very poor". Delighted he has won this. He has noticeably become more of a team player recently.

I was more than pleased with Edin's contribution throughout the majority of January, just think he didn't deserve player of the month.

noise said:
I read somewhere he had 7 goals 8 assists in the month of January. His work ethic has been great and so has been his overall game. Well deserved.
Was that in Bullshit Weekly?

Where do u want me to start bosnian tim.your love child has no pace his first touch is awful.his body language is awful.hes a shithouse in a 50 50.can he strike a ball can he f##k.6 foot 3 and a f###n mardarse.can he drop a shoulder and dribble can he f##k.you no jack shit about the game if you rate this loser.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:23 am --<br /><br />Where do u want me to start bosnian tim.your love child has no pace his first touch is awful.his body language is awful.hes a shithouse in a 50 50.can he strike a ball can he f##k.6 foot 3 and a f###n mardarse.can he drop a shoulder and dribble can he f##k.you no jack shit about the game if you rate this loser.

pudge said:
noise said:

Haha, does he even have 8 assists all season? What a stupid post.

Well, thats almost right. He had 7 goals and 7 assist in January. Source: http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/edin-dzeko/leistungsdaten/spieler_28396.html

11 assists this season.

bosnie87 said:
pudge said:

Well, thats almost right. He had 7 goals and 7 assist in January. Source: http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/edin-dzeko/leistungsdaten/spieler_28396.html

11 assists this season.
Yeah, that's wrong.

It has him down for 2 assists against Spurs, when he had none, and one against Cardiff when he also had none etc.

He has 6 for the season.

I am however interested in reading that '8 assists' article to see what else he did last month. Did it cover how he discovered the meaning of life?

pudge said:
bosnie87 said:

11 assists this season.
Yeah, that's wrong.

It has him down for 2 assists against Spurs, when he had none, and one against Cardiff when he also had none etc.

He has 6 for the season.

I am however interested in reading that '8 assists' article to see what else he did last month. Did it cover how he discovered the meaning of life?
Give it a rest.

Sigh said:
pudge said:
bosnie87 said:

11 assists this season.
Yeah, that's wrong.

He has 6 for the season.

Give it a rest.
Constructive

Give what a rest exactly?

pudge said:
bosnie87 said:

11 assists this season.
Yeah, that's wrong.

He has 6 for the season.

When you say he has 6 for the season, I assume that comes from a stats website, unless you're counting them yourself when you watch the games. Either way, what's the definition of an assist that the website, or you are using? Isn't it possible that the site that you dismiss as being wrong is just using a different (more generous?) definition of an assist? FWIW I would agree that the Cardiff one shouldn't be an assist (even though it might look like it if you're a website doing a quick viewing of God knows how many highlights) because it's the defender who knocks it to Navas as Dzeko's winding up to shoot. The two Spurs "assists" on the other hand depend on the definition you use. It's certainly not ridiculous to credit an assist to a player who wins a penalty (they used to do that on a Fantasy Football site I was on) and similarly, when a player has a goal-bound shot deflected to someone virtually on the line for a tap-in (Kompany's goal), it's not unreasonable to credit the shot-taker with an assist. It's also not unreasonable to have a different definition and not credit the assist. Point is, why be so immediately dismissive of stats from one website, but completely accept those from another?

Edit: Just found this on Wikipedia;
"In association football, an assist is a contribution by a player which helps to score a goal. Statistics for assists made by players may be kept officially by the organisers of a competition, or unofficially by, for example, journalists or organisers of fantasy football competitions. Recording assists is not part of the official Laws of the Game and the criteria for an assist to be awarded may vary.

Most commonly, an assist is credited to a player for passing or crossing the ball to the scorer. It may also be awarded to a player whose shot rebounds (off a defender, goalkeeper or goalpost) to a teammate who scores; or to a player who wins a penalty kick for another player to convert. An attacking player may be awarded an assist for contributing to an own goal.[1] Players cannot be awarded an assist for a goal they themselves score. Usually one but a maximum of two players can be awarded assists per goal."

Looks like the webite showing 6 assists is using the "passing or crossing the ball to the scorer" definition, whereas the other is probably also including rebounds and penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.