Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Theatre said:
Edin frequently has many more chances in a game than anyone else - so he would appear to make space / get into goal-scoring positions better than anyone, including Sergio and Alvaro.

Unfortunately, what he does next frequently lets him down - no first-touch or finesse/subtlety so really has to hit it first-time if he is to score - sometimes it works and the ball flies into the net, but more often it doesn't.

But he remains one of the top-ten strikers in Premier League history on a goals-per-minute basis, and he was our top-scorer in the league last season, not Aguero whom everyone (rightly) lauds as a god.

I agree with a lot of the criticisms of him, but am just saying Edin can't be as bad as some people make out, and he has been a virtual guarantee of goals everywhere he's played, including top leagues like Germany and England, and at international level (wasn't he 2nd-top scorer in Europe in the just-finished Euro Championship qualifiers ?)

Aguero averages significantly more shots per game than Dzeko, which would suggest that Aguero is better than Dzeko at getting into goalscoring positions. That he converts twice as many of those chances is doubly impressive.

Blue Theatre said:
Edin frequently has many more chances in a game than anyone else - so he would appear to make space / get into goal-scoring positions better than anyone, including Sergio and Alvaro.

Unfortunately, what he does next frequently lets him down - no first-touch or finesse/subtlety so really has to hit it first-time if he is to score - sometimes it works and the ball flies into the net, but more often it doesn't.

But he remains one of the top-ten strikers in Premier League history on a goals-per-minute basis, and he was our top-scorer in the league last season, not Aguero whom everyone (rightly) lauds as a god.

I agree with a lot of the criticisms of him, but am just saying Edin can't be as bad as some people make out, and he has been a virtual guarantee of goals everywhere he's played, including top leagues like Germany and England, and at international level (wasn't he 2nd-top scorer in Europe in the just-finished Euro Championship qualifiers ?)

Bold part is exactly what frustrates Edin's fans (me included).
I mean - nobody is saying he is the second coming (and those who do are dellusional), but calling a player with such career accolades Dzeko has "useless", "horrible", etc...is just oh so dumb. I mean really, really, utterly stupid and ignorant.

Like I said, the guy who has scored 60 goals in his last two Bundesliga seasons, over 50 goals in MCFC (not sure), and has been runner-up in two consecutive WC/EC qualifiers now cannot be BAD.

Anyone who doesnt see this is just as dellusional and clueless as some Dzeko's fans.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Edin Dzeko has 5 assists all season, 1 in the Premier League. Just to clear that up.
But i read somewhere that he has all the assists

Keep him away from the team tonight. Manuel should stick and be patient with Negredo & Jovetić, it will pay off.

Dzeko is a fantastic third choice striker. He is going to score, but he does seem to be wasteful and very inconsistent. He is a lot like Adebayor. His goal scoring record is brilliant but you can't help but be frustrated by a lot of what he does.

When we're misfiring Dzeko has to be the man. Quality of service doesn't seem to affect him.

Navas Milner Demichelis Toure Silva
Dzeko

karen7 said:
mancity5 said:
Dzeko player of the month is comedy gold.

Did you vote for anyone?
If not then there is no point moaning at the result

I voted for you... Does that qualify me for a moan, although I'm not sure it was a moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.